Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, you knew it was only a matter of time before... Mayson. laugh So... will she figure it out? If she does, how will she react?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Kerth
Kerth
NO!!! wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful cliffhanger.

I am wondering when Lois is going to come up for air.
“So what have you done about it? Have you subpoenaed his client list yet?”
If I understand correctly, Mayson can't get to Snell's client list. If she does it is tainted and thus inadmissible in court. But if Lois obtains the client list on her own and does not disclose her source, i.e. does not admit to breaking in and stealing it, the game is back on.

So Mayson is counting on Lois acting like Lois.
Mayson... will she figure it out?
I'm surprised the grapevine left out Clark's blindness. I'd have expected that to be on the top of the list.

With that I'd have expected Mayson to figure it out within minutes.
how will she react?
I'm hoping she take one look at the white cane, and processes everything including Clark's attraction to Lois and Lois's attraction to both Superman and Clark, the brief recent disappearance of Lois Lane's byline from the paper, and in a few milliseconds puts it all together and greets Clark only as a friend. I hope her remarks make it plain she knows Lois and Clark are a couple but leaves them uncertain of what else she may know.

Well done,looking forward to the next part.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ah, Mayson. Ooops. Clark forget to make a phone call while your new roommate was in the shower?

I love that Dr. Klein developed GPS to help the blind! Great! I've always liked that guy. I'm worried that Clark might get too dependant on it that he'll think he can be Superman again without letting anyone know that Superman's still blind. Or is THAT the "Blind (Super)Man's Bluff" from the title? (My questions are rhetorical, since you weren't planning on answering any of them anyway. wink ) dizzy

Well, at least, Lois got to go to Paris once before Mayson killed Clark with that green-glowy rock ring she snatched from the Luthor evidence locker.

Loved Lois's already warning Clark that if he falls in love with Shadow, she's covering the bed with cats. That's called protecting the asset.

So, no one at the shelter is talking to Clark and Lois because they had a shower? That seems a bit biased. As if the reporters wouldn't dare talk to a homeless person because they hadn't gotten one.

Well, hmmmm. Will Clark walk in on Lois and Mayson? I'm kind-of hoping he'll hear Mayson's voice and disappear into the bathroom until she's gone. I want to see Clark chicken out instead facing down Mayson. Nah, he'll probably open the door though. That will be intersting.

Yes, I'm guessing the Mayson wants B&E done by L&C but isn't allowed -- even off the record -- to mention it.

Can't wait for the showdown in the conference room!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad to see you guys are looking forward to seeing what happens next. I'm looking forward to telling you. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ooo, I've been waiting for Mayson to realize Clark is back! *gleefully rubs hands together* Of course, I was hoping we'd actually get to see the conversation in this chapter, but I can't blame you for taking your time ... I have a feeling their meeting is going to be a pivotal moment in the story. Mayson, for all her faults, is a very smart cookie, and I can't imagine any way she won't put it together that Clark is Superman once she discovers he's blind. So I guess the question is whether Clark will realize she's in the conference room before barging in on Lois. If he knows Mayson is there, he might decide to hide in the staircase until she leaves to buy them time. If not ... *gleefully rubs hands together again*

(That said, I actually really like Mayson as a character. She's way too forward, no question, and is out of line in her opinion of Superman, but come on, can we really fault the woman for falling in love with Clark? If I were in her shoes, I'd be drooling over him, too. goofy )

Kathy

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Ooh, I loved this cliffhanger too! And Clark just "unknowingly" walking into the conference room where Mayson and Lois are ... even better. I do think it was kind of wrong of Clark to just leave and never let Mayson know. He was - or should have been - aware of her feelings for him and could have at least called her out of some form of decency.

Cannot wait for part 5 hyper

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, Kathy and DW, your dream is about to come true because in about half an hour you'll get to see Mayson and Clark, eye to eye - or, should that be eye to sun glasses. laugh

ML wave

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
W-hooo! I'm so glad you're back with another story! The everyday posting schedule is ace! Your posts appear at around 6pm my time, so it's a great way to relax after a busy day; I so look forward to 6pm!

thumbsup

The story has me captivated and I'm going to leave this post now as it's just gone 6pm and I need to see if the next one is up!

dance dance dance

Elizabeth

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mayson... glad you brought her back. Her situation needs to be resolved in some fashion. I look forward to seeing how you handle her.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy Gee, Lady, ya smell funny!

“But I should let you know that I might invite some of my cat friends over tonight. If the bed’s full of cats when you get home, you’ll have to find somewhere else to sleep.”
laugh Luckily, he can always float...

“There’s a Dr. Klein at Star Labs who is apparently working on some invention that he claims will be a breakthrough for the blind. I thought maybe Superman might be a prime candidate to try out his invention.”
No look at that... And funny aside: I actually took that as "cure for the blind" on the first read blush

“GPS, which stands for Global Positioning System, is the system it uses. But it’s actually called a Navigation Bracelet.”
Now look at that. /hopes he won't have to go as an embedded reporter in a war zone...

A woman’s voice instantly told him his longitude, latitude and height above sea level.
Uuuuuuhm... isn't that a tad... sciency?

“Points of Interest?”
"Lois to your left. Chocolate store to your right. Suggest taking a step back. Now."

“I know the longitude and latitude stuff doesn’t mean a lot to you. But that, together with height above sea level...”
Oooooooh!

Not that it had been particularly springy in Paris - although there were definite signs of spring.
And if pilots can do an instrument landing, why not a little solar-powered bioplane.

That was why Mayson Drake had waited at home by the phone all of the previous evening, just hoping that Clark would call her to tell her himself that he was back in town.
If it weren't so funny, it'd be sad.

She was glancing around her office for some sort of inspiration when her eyes landed on a particular file. Was there some way to make use of that?
/smells rat

Lois suddenly wished Clark’s desk contained a picture of the two of them.
laugh

Lois suddenly had fantasies of Mayson taking one look at that picture, turning around and high-tailing it out of the Daily Planet, never to be heard from again.
laugh

“Mayson, I didn’t expect to see you here,” she said, wishing she had - early enough to get Martha to FedEx that picture for Clark’s desk.
Meeeoowwwww!

“I expect you also know that Martin Snell was arrested. When he was being questioned by the police, there was an explosion in the interrogation room, killing both Snell and the police officers.”
That's new.

“So if he was killed by someone watching the interview at the exact moment he was about to reveal the head of Intergang...”
Little bit of Semtex embedded in scull of laywer?

“Because attorney-client privilege survives the death of the attorney. We can’t get that information. As a result, the investigation into Snell’s death has run dry. I’ve been told to send my file to storage. Officially, it will remain open, but with no leads, it’s basically dead.”

“So why are you telling me? What do you expect us to do?”

Mayson shrugged. “Nothing. Nothing at all.”
Hah! wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard