Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So now that you’ve finally met the true hero of the story, I’m sure you all want to see Shadow:

[Linked Image]

The picture is about a year old. And my Shadow is female while Lois and Clark’s Shadow seemed to make a better male. Otherwise... well, okay, maybe I took a little dramatic license when I wrote about her. Still... This is Shadow.

ML wave

(Btw, if you write yourself into a story, they call it a Mary Sue story - especially if that character becomes competition for the hero’s heart. What do they call it if you write your dog into a story - especially if that dog becomes competition for the hero’s heart? Question here is, of course, whose heart will Shadow steal?)

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why am I not surprised. Clark needs Shadow to help him find his way. Welcome aboard pup!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, Perry knows already. Well, that puts a different spin on things. Hhhmmmm. If he already knows then I guess it's okay to tell him. thumbsup I guess he didn't become editor because he could yodel.

Shadow. Interesting name for a golden dog. But I'm guessing it refers to how she 'shadows' you, not colorwise. She looks like someone who would definately steal Clark away from Lois. I don't know how Clark would use him (since character Shadow is a male) on the job. I love the idea of Clark needing 'training' though. hyper ). Either him or Tempus! And you wouldn't throw in a time-traveling wacko into this story as well, would you? dizzy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Aaahhh a guide dog! That makes sense smile

Loved that Perry figured out about Clark, Superman and being blind.

Can't wait for part 3! smile1

Kerth
Kerth
Aaawww... Cute! I think Shadow's already stolen my heart... blush

Very interesting developments! I love how descriptive you were with this section, particularly at MCB. There's a lot of things people don't think about that you put into detail with this. It was very well done.

Lois' mind jumping to children was quite funny. That seemed to blindside Clark for a while. (oops, blush sorry. no pun intended)

I really liked the reaction of the bullpen to Clark's return. Very realistic and somehow sweet (with Jimmy and all).

And Perry knows! clap clap I wonder what will happen next. Will Perry come straight out with it? Methinks not, given he knew before, but I kind of hope he does. Can't wait!
dance

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
awwwwww! Love Shadow!!! What a sweetheart he is! (in RL and in the story :p )

Love that Perry 'knows' the big secret and can't wait to find out how he is going to play the game!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Welcome aboard pup!
She looks like someone who would definately steal Clark away from Lois.
Aaahhh a guide dog! That makes sense
Aaawww... Cute! I think Shadow's already stolen my heart...
awwwwww! Love Shadow!!! What a sweetheart he is! (in RL and in the story )
Shadow wanted me to thank all of you for your very warm reception. She was particularly nervous about her debute. This is her first time acting so she wasn't sure how she would do. So thank you for making her feel so welcome. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I like where you left us with Perry. I love Shadow! Your dog is adorable! More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I always thought that Perry knew more than he was telling. Glad to see that you've written him that way.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you're enjoying the story. I'm doing my final read-through of part three now. It should be up at midnight.

ML wave

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. I loved the way you handled the discussion about what to tell Perry.

Glad that Clark is dealing with his blindness. At this point in time I hope you keep Clark blind long enough for Lucy, Sam and Ellen to get used to it and accept Clark anyways.

Seeing Clark function as an investigative reporter while blind should be fun.

Did you ever watch Longstreet?

I understand about the guide dog but when Clark gets his sight back what will happen to Shadow?

Also didn't you have them fake an injury, “Welder’s flash” , that causes short term blindness? If that is the case would someone normally get a guide dog?

Framework4
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I understand about the guide dog but when Clark gets his sight back what will happen to Shadow?

Also didn't you have them fake an injury,“Welder’s flash” , that causes short term blindness? If that is the case would someone normally get a guide dog?
Welder's flash usually results in short term vision loss. But there is nothing to say it can't be long term or even permanent - especially if there are complications.

As for getting a guide dog... There are no specific guidelines on who can and cannot get guide dogs. I even came across sites that talked about getting your own dog and training him yourself. Since Clark is now thinking his condition might be permanent, I suspect he convayed that information to the people at the MCB and since they had a guide dog ready to go without a master waiting for him... Clark got him.

As to what will happen to Shadow "when Clark gets his sight back"... I don't recall ever saying that Clark was going to get his eyesight back. laugh And if he does... Well, I guess you'll have to read the story to find out what happens.

ML wave

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awww and I did wonder smile

Lois was right. At first, he’d tried to convince himself that she wasn’t.
Rule #1 Lois is always right. Rule #2: In case Lois is wrong, see rule #1.

Problem was, and what Lois didn’t know and would absolutely send her into orbit, and rightfully so, if she did, was that he had called his parents this morning, after talking to Perry, to run the issue past them.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard