Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hope you'll forgive my summary at the beginning of this part. It just seemed... fun - taking various sections and putting them together to tell what happened in Episode 1. I sort of see it like when they would have episodes that built on each other where we would see a bunch of brief clips from the previous episode to remind us of what happened to get us to the beginning of the following episode.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Episode 2!! dance

Okay, I had more comments but misclicked and ended up losing them. Argh. splat I'll see if I can reconstruct them...

I'm happy that it was a joke about Clark moving in with Ellen.

Airplane travel during snow... very mad especially when one is used to traveling around the world in seconds. And yet Lois seems more frustrated by it than Clark. Does he have super patience too?

She looked at the spot on the wall, clearly outlined by faded paint, where the missing picture had been, and sighed.
What was the picture? Was it important or am I focusing too much on this one line?

Clark sighed when, after finishing up in the bathroom, he appeared in the doorway to Lois’ bedroom only to hear her heart rate speed up. He briefly wondered what it was in her heart rate that told him that she was tense as opposed to excited by his return. Maybe it had more to do with the increasing agitation he’d noticed the closer they got to her apartment.
Gee, Lois is nervous about moving in with Clark after their relationship status changed two days earlier? Wonder why that is? wink

So, Perry's going to give Clark an interview? Yeah!

Lois's reaction to this line surprised me:

Clark sighed. “I’ve decided to tell him the truth.”
Probably, because when Clark said it, I didn't automatically think "Superman", I thought "Blind". Later on, I realized they both had thought "Superman" and Lois's reaction made more sense. I thought it was just a confusion over what he was going to tell Perry. And then they'd have a chuckle over it later. Obviously not.

Does Perry know that Superman is blind? Or is it just Mayson? I cannot remember if Lois ever told him. I don't think so.

I can see why Lois is so upset and probably not for the reasons that Clark thinks. Yes, her safety is more at risk if more people know CK=S and Lois is living with/dating CK... Blah, blah, blah, Lois never worries about her safety. I think it has more to do that HE NEVER TOLD HER!! His mother did so, because he had his head in the ground and now he's being so flippant about telling Perry. Yes, that would anger Lois. Oh, Clark! :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful start. Really looking forward to how you handle Mayson.

BTW why does Clark have to tell Perry his secret? Why can't he just tell Perry he is blind?

When I read the words "Clark sighed. “I’ve decided to tell him the truth.”" I assumed by truth he meant "I'm blind, I felt helpless and I freaked and ran home. I sat around moping until my Mom called Lois and she came and lit a fire under me. BTW Lois and I are living together and will be getting married at some point."

Framework4
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yay for posting the first part tot episode 2 smile1 hyper

Great start too. I am happy that they discussed the awkwardness of living together and the expectations that come with that.

And Clark needs to realize that he and Lois need to (at times) discuss decisions that affects both of them.

Can't wait for the next part!

smile

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Probably, because when Clark said it, I didn't automatically think "Superman", I thought "Blind". Later on, I realized they both had thought "Superman" and Lois's reaction made more sense.
Thanks. I'll go back and clarify that a bit.

When I read the words "Clark sighed. “I’ve decided to tell him the truth.”" I assumed by truth he meant "I'm blind, I felt helpless and I freaked and ran home. I sat around moping until my Mom called Lois and she came and lit a fire under me. BTW Lois and I are living together and will be getting married at some point."
BTW why does Clark have to tell Perry his secret? Why can't he just tell Perry he is blind?
Except, he can't tell Perry that without telling him that the story he's being given is different from the story all of Smallville now believes - that Clark was blinded two days ago in a welding accident.

Otherwise, the people in Metropolis would come to believe that he was blinded six weeks ago in Metropols while the people in Smallville believe that he was blinded recently in a farming accident in Smallville - which is bound to come back and haunt him later. After all, the quickest way to get caught lying is to change your lie.

Of course, if there are other possibilities, he'll never find out if he doesn't talk to Lois about it, will he? laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course, who said that he was blinded just two days ago in Smallville? Maybe he was blinded 6 weeks ago, when he went home to Smallville to escape going away with Mayson, accidently blinded himself with the welder... Or maybe, use another sense. Lost his hearing?... Then he blew everyone off, pretending he was fine just a jerk. Then Martha called in reinforcements because Clark had given up hope. Lois came to visit, he got his hope and sight (or hearing) back -- and captured The Pranster and Victor -- and then when his dad went to repair a metal gate and wham, bam, it happened again. laugh

Come on, he can't tell Perry. That will sound pathetic. "So, Kent, what was up with you? Why should I give you your job back?"

"Sorry, I ran out on the DP, Chief. I'm blind. But I can still do my job, because I'm also Superman." Bats blind eyelashes, 'pretty please'.

"Get out of here, Kent! And never come back!"

Yeah, I don't think telling Perry is a good idea. I still think Lois is more angry because Clark never told her the truth and now thinks it's only way to get himself out of this blindman's hole.

This sounds like a good challenge! Clark\'s Excuse Challenge

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave So, 22 Episodes? Or the full syndication package with 100 episodes?

“The perfect end to the perfect day,” she muttered under her breath.
Starting good, huh?

Top that off with Clark’s irrational fear of flying - how could Superman be afraid of flying? - and his frustration with trying to find his way, even with her assistance, around the loud and crowded terminals, had made for one hell of a day.
So, we've got a cranky Lois chaperoning a cranky and bored Superman with a slight visual impairment. Sounds like the makings of a fun day!

She went to push the button for the elevator, but stopped in mid-motion when she saw the ‘Out Of Order’ sign taped to the door.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a way to end a part!

Personally Perry should know about Clark, he needs a really excellent reason to re-hire him. Letting Perry in on the secret helps.

On the other hand...

He should consult with Lois about this and I get why she upset. For nearly two years the man has kept this MAJOR secret from her and yet he's willing to immediately tell Perry.

Michael...22 episodes? Seriously? confused

Totally agree with DW about communication, its the lifeblood of any relationship. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Wasn't sure if I was going to tell this, but there are three episodes. I like trilogies, what can I say. wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh an X-Factor!!! Bring it on! smile1

Just as long as it is NOT Scardino.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! Episode 2 begins! And I agree with you about the trilogy thing. The best things come in threes (or is that just because of my obsession-compulsion?) Ask Star Wars. Or Back to the Future. OR Jurassic Park. Or Lord of the Rings. Or...
blush

Don't worry about the summary at the start. I actually really liked it- nice way to refresh (even though it actually wasnt that long a waiting period...)

I like how you portrayed Lois and Clark's relationship here. The fact remains that, despite the fact that both love each other, neither of them are really ready or prepared for this. It's an interesting experiment.

And a cliffhanger! wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard