Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Warning! Warning! Thread hijack!

by Framework4:
In my mind Mayson Drake is the daughter of Paul Drake and Della Street Drake, named for her godfather, Perry Mason. I dismissed the spelling as an attempt to feminize Perry's last name so Mayson could go by "May" if she wanted a more feminine name.
I have trouble with this because Erle Stanley Gardner made it clear (in the books, at least) that Della Street was in love with Perry Mason. What happened to Perry Mason? Did he die or something, and then Paul Drake got Della on the rebound?

And, continuing this irrelevant theme, has anyone known any Perrys except for Perry Mason and Perry White?

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Wonderful story can't wait for the next part

Mpj
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you're enjoying it, mpj. Looks as if you're almost caught up, too.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Warning! Warning! Thread hijack!

by [b]Framework4:
In my mind Mayson Drake is the daughter of Paul Drake and Della Street Drake
I have trouble with this because Erle Stanley Gardner made it clear (in the books, at least) that Della Street was in love with Perry Mason. What happened to Perry Mason? Did he die or something, and then Paul Drake got Della on the rebound?[/b]
That is what makes it such a perfect Lois & Clark match.

Assume you are Mayson and do not know Clark is Superman. Lois has her heart set on Superman, liking Clark but in love with and waiting for Superman.
In the Triangle
Superman = Perry Mason
Della Street = Lois Lane
Paul Drake = Clark Kent

In Mayson's mind Lois needs to wake up and realize, as Della did with Perry, that Superman is never going to marry her. In my background for Mayson her mother Della only "woke up" when another woman made a play for Paul Drake.

In Mayson's mind Clark is a nice guy much like her father, and if he is willing to look elsewhere might be the guy for her. But if not, at least she might be helping him by giving Lois a wake up call.

As played in the series Mayson was used to give Lois a wake up call. Then killed off. A spearcarrier in the worst way.

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I was so excited to come to the boards over Thanksgiving and find a new MLT story. I've read all your work on the archive, so I am excited/scared to read one "live" smile

I've been reading mostly on my phone while nursing the new baby so I haven't replied properly to express my enjoyment. Can't wait to see where you take us.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad to have you on board, Emily.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh yay! Just finished this first story in what I'm assuming is a series... LOADS of fun! I always loved Superman & Lois' interplay in 'The Eyes Have It' -- but this was even better!! dance

Heading off to start the next part...

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard