Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So that is the end of episode one. Hope you enjoyed it.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I was about to say..."there's more right?!"

Enjoyed and already antsy for more smile1

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So I have to ask... how many episodes?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Love where this is going!

And happy that Clark finally came to his senses laugh

Cannot wait to find out what happens in episode hyper

BTW, are you still going to follow a "post everyday schedule"?

clap

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
You know? I've always liked The Prankster character and now I like Griffin even more.

Excellent wrap up for this episode. I don't quite understand the reasoning for Clark keeping his blindness a secret when they've concocted a perfectly reasonable explanation for the Smallville populace.

Now, it wouldn't quite work for the Metropolis crowd because Clark left 2 weeks prior to the 'incident'. Perry would definitely know something was up.

Argh! I'm way too involved with this story. I'm already eager for the next installment.

Please continue to post daily. It is awesome having a new chapter to read every day.

B

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Typical MLT story... excellant.

Pacing was excellant, characterization was excellant, story concept was excellant, in fact, over all I'd have to say that this fist episode was... really good wink .

Unfortunately, ML missed out on a great opportunity. I'd always thought that it would have been funny if Griffin used his device to freeze Lois and as a 'prank' cut her hair.

This story provided an excellant opportunity to do just that, but for some inexplicable reason, it wasn't carried out. Go figure.

Tank (who says that the gentle writers should remember that the 'correct' haircut for Lois was the physical marker that signaled the actual change in the relationship between Lois and Clark)

Kerth
Kerth
I agree, this was a wonderful story. I'm looking forward to Episode II.

@Tank: Check your "excellant" spellchecker... spider

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I was about to say..."there's more right?!"
More? You think there needs to be more? wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It was so nice of Griffen and Victor to come to Kansas and convince Clark to go to Metropolis, wasn't it? I'm beginning to think that's to whom Lois made that second phone call that morning ... oh, sure, she made it sound like she was making plane reservations but NO! she was telling the Prankster where to find her, so Clark would have to get off his blind horse (metaphorically speaking) and rescue her and she'd get all her problems solved with one toss of a stone...

OK, not ALL of her problems solved. I mean she still has that lunkhead of a boyfriend who keeps sending her mixed messages. "Meet me in the hayloft." vs. "I'm blind, so I can't go with you to Metropolis, so I'm going to break up with you." Maybe Michael's right. Intimacy has increased Clark's IQ a bit. laugh Although I am surprised it took the Prankster, lying to Rachel, and ALL DAY for him to discover this:

“Okay, well, I learned a couple of things. First... Lois, last night was incredible. And I guess I realized that it’s going to kill me to lose you.”
And Lois, really! If a hunk of a man waits until he was almost 30 before becoming intimate with someone, do you think he hadn't thought forward from the night before? There were only two possible outcomes: 1)break Lois's heart for her own good, which Lois seems very good at thwarting, and 2) THIS. Please! This shouldn't have been a surprise:
Rachel laughed. “Okay, true enough. So what are you doing here, anyway? Come home to get your parents’ blessing on your engagement?”

Lois immediately felt color rise in her cheeks and ducked her head as she pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

“Not yet,” Clark said.

Surprised, Lois turned to him. What was he suggesting? Was he saying that it was only a matter of time before he asked her to... Was he really thinking that he wanted to...
I mean, DUH! Sorry, channeling Tempus there.

Okay, I'm with the other 100 people reading this story (the ones who commented and the lurkers, of course) when I say... Please! Please! Please! grovel Post part 1 of Episode 2 tonight!

PS: I like to shovel snow! (Of course, my kids don't like it when I travel without them.)

Oh! I almost forgot. Lois really ISN'T going to put Clark up at her Mom's is she? That would cause her mother to start drinking again, wouldn't it?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Umm, can I vote for episode 2's speedy arrival, too?

Loved this episode! Was an absolute delight to read- and I like the set up of episodes. It gives us nice little stories that we can expect to continue on but still has a nice little ending... Can't wait for more!
wave (hoping to return soon with more comments for the next episode!)

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, because all of you have been so nice, I will tell you that episode two, part one is scheduled to be posted at midnight, EST.

ML wave

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh good! Can't wait for more. Loved this whole episode.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Upshot: Lois has got Clark out of his near-suicidal depression about being blind. Clark is actually thinking of ways to manage his new life. And of course, there has been a mammoth change in their relationship.

Good first episode!

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Just getting the next part ready to go now. It should be up in a minute.

ML wave

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I've always hated the episode "The Eyes Have It" and thus I put off reading your tale. Even though I've loved your past tales I just put it off. Then seeing a sequel I went and read the whole of Blind (Super)Man\'s Bluff Episode 1: Life Itself .

Wow, you did a wonderful job. Really great fun and it holds together so well. I am really looking froward to "Blind (Super)Man’s Bluff - Episode 2: Testing Point".

I do wonder how you are planning on handling the Mayson Drake issue.

The forwardness of Mayson in inviting Clark to go away with her for the weekend left a bad taste and also made me dislike that episode.

Add in the "helpfulness" of the Kents and I never could believe that neither Lois or Mayson figured out that Clark is Superman.

With Clark disappearing right after Superman was blinded, then Lois going to Smallville and Superman still nowhere in sight, Mayson has to have figured out that Clark is Superman. so having a blind Clark Kent arrive in town won't be a shock or a revelation for her.

I don't know how you are going to develop the relationship between Mayson and Lois, and yes I mean Mayson and Lois, as clearly there won't be one between Mayson and Clark.

For a fanfic I never finished I developed an entire backstory for Mayson that explains how forward she was from the getgo. I'm sure she like everyone else could see how Clark felt about Lois, so why did she go after Clark, and do so in such an aggressive way?

In my mind Mayson Drake is the daughter of Paul Drake and Della Street Drake, named for her godfather, Perry Mason. I dismissed the spelling as an attempt to feminize Perry's last name so Mayson could go by "May" if she wanted a more feminine name.

Anyone who looks at the triangle of Perry Mason, Della Street and Paul Drake, can easily relate it to the triangle of Superman, Lois Lane and Clark Kent.

In Mayson's mind when she went after Clark it was a bit of a horse race. After all, everyone seeing Lois and Clark knows Clark is waiting for Lois to tire of waiting for Superman and turn to him.

So the only question in Mayson's mind is would Clark tire of waiting for Lois before Lois tired of waiting for Superman.

By going after Clark as she did it might have forced Lois to either wake up and turn her full attention to Clark or Clark to give up on Lois.

Now that Mayson knows Clark is Superman she knows that if Clark ever did tire of waiting for Lois he wouldn't turn away from her but instead reveal all to her.

So Mayson will have had time to figure all of this out while Lois and Clark have been in Smallville working things out.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sooo happy there's going to be an Episode Two! I cannot imagine Clark's remaining blind.

Good to see him using his abilities to the full.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good job!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you guys enjoyed episode one. Hope you enjoy where I've taken episode two as well.

ML wave

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard