Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
The idea for the walk of shame came from Carol Malo. I knew I wanted the walk of shame, but didn’t know what it should look like. She was the one who gave me the idea that turned into the last section.

And for those of you who don’t have as good an imagination as Clark does, I’m sure you remember this outfit from Soul Mates:

[Linked Image]

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What? me? Constantly refreshing to see if a new update was up yet? Ok fine, I did thumbsup

Absolutely LOVED this chapter and I esp loved how Lois had to sneak in the house in the am!! I love this story and I especially love that it's Lois who is without all the issues and this time it's Clark. I love that Lois isnt' questioning herself.

Cannot wait to read the next part!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois really risked it all. It was almost out of character for her to set herself up for the heartache Mr. Stubborn Redboots would give her the next morning, since he was blind. Except that she truly loves him and she needed to give him that last push. Plus, if he broke her heart, she could always hold it over his head for the rest of his life.

He was about to break her heart. He knew that with absolute certainty. Given the number of men who had hurt her in the past, it was remarkable the risk she’d taken by coming to his cabin last night, of making love to him without any sort of commitment. She’d put her heart on the line and he was about to deliver the final devastating blow.
Clark was reading my mind here... As what I expected to hear from his character next. thumbsup

“Stay,” he whispered.
Had he forgotten so quickly that he had just thought these words...
What? Been unable to resist? Even thinking that gave him a pang of disgust. He’d always abhorred men who claimed they were unable to resist as an excuse to take advantage of a woman. Yet, now he was no better than they were.
Hhhhmmmm, Clark. It's true. You're male. And you can't resist Lois. And it's only going to be... more difficult from now on.

So, no curing blindness with a little intimacy? wink No? It's worked once or twice in a few FanFics I read about amnesia. Never mind.

And the walk of shame! So perfect. So true.

I agree with those (from Part 6) who said looking into the sun probably isn't doing his eyes any good. I wish I had thought of that. But once I read it I did an audible Tempus 'Duh!'

So, what now? Will she be able to convince him to return to Metropolis?

Will Perry hire him back as a blind reporter? Of course, if you're a good typist -- and Clark is -- one just needs to put ones fingers on the right keys and go! to write a story. And he can still interview people. True, describing the scenes, not so much, but he's good friends (or was before he left Metropolis without a by your leave) with a photographer. I'm sure Jimmy will forgive him... eventually. Everyone is going to be hurt that he didn't trust them enough to tell them the truth. And what will the cover story be? How did CK become blind? They can't use the same story as with Superman, it might give the bad eyedoctors a clue. Okay, I'm officially rambling.

Please, tell us... Will Episode 2 be coming in two nights or are your going to make us wait? Please, don't make us wait. grovel Please!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Oh, god, Clark,” she finally said, sounding distressed. “I’m sorry. I don’t know how to do this. I thought I could pull it off. And your mother said... But I just... don’t know how to do this. I’m sorry. I’ll...” Her voice trailed off and he heard her hastily gathering up her coat again before turning back to the door.

“Lois, wait!” he said, pushing himself up further in bed. He heard her movement cease. “Do what? What don’t you know how to do?”

He could hear what sounded like her forehead softly coming to rest against the door and suspected her hand was on the door handle.

“Seduce you,” she whispered.
Oh, my... This is so like Lois. I can imagine her having it all planned in her head like it is no big deal, but when it's show time all her resolve flies out the window. blush

“Come here,” he said, his voice not much more than a growl.

He heard her take a sharp intake of breath and step closer. Then she shivered.

“Your fire is almost out.
Well... guess you're about to find out that you're very wrong, Lois. laugh His fire is just blazing up. clap

Andreia (back to watching the clock, waiting for next part) [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've always loved the black teddy and Clark's reaction to it, so I'm really glad that Lois found the courage to put it on and seduce Clark.
“Oh, god, Clark,” she finally said, sounding distressed. “I’m sorry. I don’t know how to do this. I thought I could pull it off. And your mother said... But I just... don’t know how to do this. I’m sorry. I’ll...” Her voice trailed off and he heard her hastily gathering up her coat again before turning back to the door.
Love this! She works up just enough courage to get there and then ... the nervous babbling begins.

He knew what he should ask. Why was she trying to seduce him? It was the natural question. But in his current state there was only one thing he wanted to know, desperately needed to know. “What are you wearing?” he asked, his voice husky.
clap
Like Virginia said - Clark may not be the typical male (and very patient, as well), but he is male. I'm glad that he responded this way and that Lois was able to succeed in what she set out to do.

Lois handled the inevitable "We made a mistake" and "you deserve so much more" talk with incredible maturity. I think that the past two weeks have been really good for her. She's been able to get a real handle on those scary and troublesome emotions. I also think that Clark's vulnerability has equalled the playing field (in Lois' mind) a little.

Oh, and of course, they have the best relationship coach in the multi-verse. Martha Kent.
sloppy

More soon, please.
B

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
What? me? Constantly refreshing to see if a new update was up yet? Ok fine, I did
laugh I'll keep that in mind and make sure that I post promptly at midnight - so we don't crash the boards, bellarase wink .

So, no curing blindness with a little intimacy? No? It's worked once or twice in a few FanFics I read about amnesia. Never mind.
Well, darn, Virginia. Why didn't I think of that? I certainly could have saved myself a lot of writing time and ended the story right here. Or... well, maybe not since then I'd have to do a whole scene with Lois and Clark struggling to figure out how to tell Martha and Jonathan how Clark was cured. laugh

Oh, my... This is so like Lois. I can imagine her having it all planned in her head like it is no big deal, but when it's show time all her resolve flies out the window.
Love this observation, Ultra Woman. When I had her show up at Clark's, her plan in hand, I suddenly realized I just couldn't picture Lois as being able to pull it off - regardless of her plan. So glad you thought it was in character.

Lois handled the inevitable "We made a mistake" and "you deserve so much more" talk with incredible maturity. I think that the past two weeks have been really good for her. She's been able to get a real handle on those scary and troublesome emotions. I also think that Clark's vulnerability has equalled the playing field (in Lois' mind) a little.
Interesting observation, BJ. I hadn't thought about it quite like that, but it works for me. But don't worry, Lois will have her surly moments by the time this is all over. laugh

Anyway, glad you're all still enjoying this little romp.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Let me start with razz

She’d put her heart on the line and he was about to deliver the final devastating blow.
Oh look how nice that baseball bat looks covered in those lovely green crystal shards...

“Well, it wasn’t about having sex.”

“Really.”

“No. Not at all. It was about making love... with an incredible hunk of a man.”
Awww and hyper /waits for pile of shoes to drop/

“Sleep well, Lois?”
Busted!

Unable to come up with anything remotely believable, she removed her coat and boots and made some barely intelligible remark that she was certain made no sense at all before fleeing the room, Martha’s soft chuckle following her up the stairs.
clap and "Clark needed help with some personal stuff?"

Lot's of fun! And forget my worries in the PS for last part's FDK...
Michael

Edit:
Or... well, maybe not since then I'd have to do a whole scene with Lois and Clark struggling to figure out how to tell Martha and Jonathan how Clark was cured.
Umm... Dad. Remember how Father Chestwick told us about getting blind when I was in junior high? I just figured out it works the other way 'round, too.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adorable!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
And shouldn't he just try to look at her?
Well, I'm sure he would if he wasn't blind. laugh

That was one of the constant challenges in writing this story - having to remember that Clark's blind. So when telling something from Clark's point of view, I have to remember to say 'Clark heard Lois take seat' - instead of saying 'Lois took a seat.' At one point, I actually had their eyes meeting across a room. When I went back and reread it, I realized... oops. That doesn't work. So... how do I establish that they make a connection when I can't have their eyes meet? It made writing... fun laugh

Umm... Dad. Remember how Father Chestwick told us about getting blind when I was in junior high? I just figured out it works the other way 'round, too.
They didn't really tell boys that did they? I thought that was just one of those weird things that everyone said they said rather than what anyone actually said. Boy, if that were true, the entire human race would be blind. Wonder if anyone ever realized that. laugh

Glad you're enjoying it Mouserocks and Laurach.

Anyway, just getting the next part ready for posting now. It should be up at midnight.

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I'm sure he would if he wasn't blind.
I guess I should have gone with 'look' instead of look. wink But, at least he did look later on laugh

It made writing... fun
clap

They didn't really tell boys that did they?
Dunno. It's something you keep hearing about on US TV shows. Must be true, then, right?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard