Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So... what is Lois going to do? Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Evil place to leave it!!

I absolutely adored this chapter. I loved how Lois got him to fly and I loved Martha's story at the end to get Lois motivated! As always, you have the characters just so spot on - I love this story so much!! Can't wait to read more smile1 smile1

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Totally agreeing with Bellarase, here! What a cliffhanger!

So, the question is: IS Martha right? Is that why Clark is withdrawing? Is he afraid that a blind Clark is worse than no Clark? Does he feel like he's holding her back? What is Lois going to do?!

It was kind-of funny to have Clark learn to fly like a Bat... Hhhhmmm. Maybe there isn't a billionaire playing Batman in Gotham City. Maybe it's just a blind Superman who doesn't want to damage Metropolis by flying around with sonar. laugh wink Sorry, the joke was too tempting.

Okay, that cliffhanger was too thought provoking that I can't think of anything else! Cannot wait until tomorrow night. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another MLT story, yay! hyper

I was thrilled when I saw you had another story in the works. And the subject is one of my pet peeves (the plot holes in TEHI make me want to tear my hair out) so I'm glad you decided to tackle it. Infra-red vs UV light, bah!

I loved this bit:
It helped that Clark had an eidetic memory. He could keep in his mind exactly how many steps to take across the barn, to the house, to the cabin. He could remember every time something was moved and exactly where it had been left. That allowed him to find his sunglasses at a moment’s notice or avoid a moved chair or not trip over his work boots. Such a trait might have driven Lois nuts in normal times, but now... Seeing Clark master the skill and self-esteem that came with using it had brought tears of pride to her own eyes on more than one occasion.
And this (Clark "Daredevil" Kent? wink ):
“Anyway, I think you do the calculations in your head. I think that’s how you got to Betsy so quickly when I was in trouble. I think that’s how you manage to hit a target with your heat vision and freezing breath. You can hear the way the wind echoes back when it bounces off objects - letting you know how far it is to the object - and if you can do that with smaller objects, you can certainly hear echoes letting you know how far away the ground is. Isn’t there an animal that’s blind - that navigates using its hearing?”
I'd always figured that Clark must be super-smart because his brain would need to be able to process at super-speed for him to be able to do what he does, eg catch bullets or navigate around the earth in seconds (which makes it harder to understand his more lunkheaded moments!) I think this is the first time I've seen his mental abilities pointed out as one of his superpowers. notworthy

These parts made me cringe:
He still insisted on spending part of everyday lying in the sun. She supposed she understood. He wanted his sight back. But staring blindly at the sun hardly seemed to be helping. Still, she could hardly object. After all, surely he understood how his body worked better than she did.
…he wanted to give his eyes as much exposure to the sun as possible.
The faithful sunblock user in me thinks there has to be something fundamentally wrong with this idea wink Come on, Clark, you science geek! Figure it out! sloppy

-Jude

"Some prices are just too high, no matter how much you may want the prize. The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
--Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you guys are still enjoying the story.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Evil place to leave it!!
laugh

Maybe there isn't a billionaire playing Batman in Gotham City. Maybe it's just a blind Superman who doesn't want to damage Metropolis by flying around with sonar. Sorry, the joke was too tempting.
wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Forget the sun! Nothing like bossy Lois to deal with moping Clark. She is all the medicine that he needs. laugh

I agree with the others. Evil place for a cliffhanger. What is Lois going to do about the lunkhead? :p

Andreia (counting the hours until next post)

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
What is Lois going to do about the lunkhead?
Something appropriate, I'm sure. Whatever it is, you'll know in three and a half hours. laugh

ML wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOl I love Martha! laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, getting all confused here now. Read comments from part one, part five and part six all at the same time. laugh And all this while still suffering with the flu. laugh

So... since it's almost midnight and I suspect most of you would rather have me posting the next part (you're going to love it laugh ) than trying to figure this all out right now, let me just say that I've read all the feedback and loved it.

ML wave

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved this chapter. It's nice to see a sort of flip-flop with the characters with Lois as the patient optimist and Clark as the moody nay-sayer.

Lois and Clark's discussion about using sound brought to mind an interview I heard on the radio a while back (I think it was on NPR) with a man (Daniel Kish?) that uses Ecolocation or facial vision. If Clark learned how to do this at superspeed (or too soft for others to hear), then he might even be able to 'fake' his sight.

Oh, and he wouldn't have to carry a babbling woman in his arms everywhere he goes. wink

And Yay! I get two chapters at once.
B

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Urgh!!!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Lois and Clark's discussion about using sound brought to mind an interview I heard on the radio a while back (I think it was on NPR) with a man (Daniel Kish?) that uses Ecolocation or facial vision. If Clark learned how to do this at superspeed (or too soft for others to hear), then he might even be able to 'fake' his sight.
Interesting idea, BJ.

Urgh!!!!!
Is that a good 'urgh' or a bad 'urgh,' Morgana? Is it an urgh that says I haven't yet read part seven and I can't believe you would end part six there. Or is it an urgh that means 'you post so bloody fast that I can't keep up so please slow down?' laugh

ML wave

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She never saw it coming. One moment she’d been completely in control of the truck. The next she was doing donuts, fighting the wheel to keep the truck on the road.
Huh, wow. Just like that. Just a little tidbit...

After a moment, she pulled off her seatbelt and reached over Clark, practically laying across his lap
goofy

Often these days ended with her losing her patience and tearing a strip off him.
Awwww and wave Michael

Edit:
Or is it an urgh that means 'you post so bloody fast that I can't keep up so please slow down?
Umm... actually... I'm doing 3? stories at once right now. Four, with Deadly Chakram's posting, too. I'm definitely going to start dropping behind again on my reading blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
/remembers Flintstone episode where Fred learned ballet and started to use it for bowling/
Hey, I think I remember that episode, too. Or at least, I have this image in my head of Fred doing a pirouette before throwing his ball. Don't remember if it hurt or helped his game, though. laugh

She could go Clark-flying with the other kids who go kite-flying?
Now that is a great image, Michael!

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
laugh
/goes digging up scene on google/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Ok I'm going to have to go on record and say that I love Martha's butting in. She has some good ideas. wink Loving this story and so happy I get to read the next part right away.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard