Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, it seems I made it to midnight (or almost laugh ) - but I'm going to bed immediately. Hope you enjoy this part.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
YEAH!!!! dance dance

Another fantastic chapter! Loved this so much. And EEK to Griffin being on loose again! Glad Clark is all shaved now and good for ingenious Martha!

Can't wait to find out what happens next!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm with you that I just can't picture Clark with a beard. I'm surprised that Lois picked it as a priority. If she had to kiss him, which their relationship certainly hasn't progressed to, I could understand it. He must look REALLY bad. It was interesting (and sometimes funny) how they worked through the ways to get Clark clean-shaven again. Blow-torch! clap Thank you for linking these two bright lights into the eyes stories. It always drove me nuts when Kyle came up with his freeze-ray thingy shortly after Lois was frozen by Faradey Light Pen. I remembered watching the Prankster Returns and thinking, 'didn't they already do that?'

Is this just a red herring or will Kyle come after them in Kansas? Or will Lois be able to convince Clark to return to Metropolis despite his blindness? (Of course, that would mean that Mayson would have to be let in on the secret... And I just don't know if it's worth THAT).

I'm glad that Clark was willing to help Lois earn her breakfast. Although, him being so stubborn as to still insist on his daily regemin of sunbathing... You can get the blind man to shave his beard, but you can't get him to break his bad habits.

I keep hoping that one of Lois's Faradey slips will give them the clue to curing Clark's blindness. grovel My guess, he's going to be blind for most of the story. Sigh. Poor Clark. This must be very frustrating for him. At least he has Lois now... for the moment.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This line made me laugh:

What mother hasn’t wanted to try out a blowtorch on her son’s face at least once during his life?”
Joan

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for your comments. Glad you're enjoying it so far.

is Superman with a beard a theme of yours? I vaguely recall a bearded Superman who got in trouble for shaving his beard in another one of your stories. That was your story, wasn't it, MLT?
That was my story. I actually think he's had a beard at some point in a couple of my stories, although I can't remember which ones (never can keep my stories straight.)

As for picturing Clark with a beard (of course, Clark's beard in my story would be much more complete since he couldn't shave any of it):

[Linked Image]
This line made me laugh:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What mother hasn’t wanted to try out a blowtorch on her son’s face at least once during his life?”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joan
Hey, I'm just telling it like it is. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I've been reading each part as I've had a chance to; just had no time to respond.

Love what has happened so far and Lois is right - Clark needs to decide whether he wants to rejoin life and accept some things or whether he wants to isolate himself totally and completely.

Here's to hoping he chooses the former, but with Lois at his side, I don't doubt that for a second.

Looking forward to part 6! smile1

Kerth
Kerth
Same as DW blush Been following on my phone while house sitting for a friend.

I love this story so far though. I like how Clark is moping around, just waiting to be healed. It seems OOC for him, but somehow fits perfectly. I love the dynamic between Martha/Clark and Lois/Clark. I like the paralell between Lois and Martha being so similar.

And I get the feeling that, if Clark is ever going to recover his sight, that Griffin will be the key... but we shall see...

Try to comment again soon!
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Whoops blush reposted

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you're enjoying the story so far. Hope you enjoy the rest.

ML wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have to agree with everyone about the blowtorch line. I burst out laughing when I read it. It's so true!

And, yes, with Lois beside him, Clark will make the correct decision. I'm confident of that.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“So then Lois reaches under Betsy,” Clark said, “and uses her thumb and finger to give Betsy’s teat one quick tug. Of course, nothing came out so she jumps up and announces that Betsy’s empty.”
goofy

After all, first thing this morning, when she had been in danger of being squished by Betsy, Clark had suddenly been there - moving from the door to the barn to her side faster than she would have believed possible.
Yep. /waits for birth of Batman

But today... his writing was almost unintelligible. What the Sam Hill did that sentence even mean?
*G*

“They escaped from prison.”
Okay, they are on schedule. Still... I do think they will play a major part, given his yellow freeze light.

As he hung up, Perry smiled. It seemed Lois’ Faraday slips happened more when she was touched or emotional. Well, he supposed that made sense. Still, in spite of her leak, it was nice to know that she had appreciated his gesture.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard