Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, I think the 2x4 just got swung. So... do you think she has his attention now?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I knew it was coming but I loved this part:
He’d know that voice, that heartbeat anywhere.

He was off the chair, following the string connecting the chair to the cabin, and slamming the door before the sound of the gasp had even faded from the air.

“Clark Kent, you get back here this instant!” yelled the familiar voice.

He cringed.
My silly question is: Does Clark weigh down the lawnchair, so it doesn't blow away in the wind? So, it doesn't get knocked over as he pulls along the string? Especially at super speed? Hhhhmmmmm. Must be a heavier type of lawnchair. Or weighed down by cinderblocks or something.

I love that Clark doesn't want to clean up for Lois, but then does. love That Lois wants to have him make the fire, just to prove to himself that he's not helpless. It's these little gestures that show how much they care about each other.

So, if the cabin doesn't have electricity, Clark's been taking cold showers... well, when he's showered... he'll probably need them more and more now that Lois is in the state. laugh

And this paragraph tugged at my heartstrings:
A moment later, he felt Lois’ hand on his, gently guiding it to the bucket. The simple gesture almost brought tears to his eyes. He quickly fought them back. He was angry with her. He didn’t want her here. He certainly didn’t want her coming in and acting as if it was her home, as if she had the right to make a fire. Still... it had been so long since he’d touched her and it felt... good. He suddenly found himself desperately wanting a hug.
Awwww. I hope he gets one before the night's over.

Neither of them recognize the doo-doo they both stepped in, do they? Lois doesn't realize Clark needs his heat vision to shave and Clark is being all defensive because he doesn't want to have to admit he can't shave without his heat vision. I know she's not going to leave, but I hate having to wait another 24 hours to see how long it takes before Clark realizes that's not his dinner, but his foot he's chewing on, and that he doesn't want her to walk out the door. Or how long it will be before Lois realizes she will not get on an airplane and leave Clark, even though she says she will.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
I must say Iam realy enjoying your story and can not wait for the next part
All the very best

Mpj
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Go Martha go!

Love this line:

“Lois, you don’t have to go on a date to fall in love with someone.”
I like the way you're portraying Clark. It's one thing to think about life being blind when it's only been twenty-four hours. A month later...most people would be dealing with similar struggles.

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

And look, all caught up. Let's see how long it lasts... blush

How could anything that had happened thirty years before have a bearing on what was wrong with Clark?
clap And please, tell me Lois is quoting something about mental deficiency or donkies when Clark stumps her with his stubbornness.

His reasoning... especially when it comes to you... has always been a little... convoluted.
clap

At least promise me you’ll give him a chance to explain?” Martha handed Lois a tissue.

Lois blew her nose before finally nodding. “But I’m not promising to be polite about it.”
clap

Lois was suddenly shifting uncomfortably again. “Okay, so maybe I’ve occasionally sort of wondered... if there might be something more than friendship between us. But I’m not sure if...”

“Lois.”

One simple word. Her name. Softly spoken. And Lois knew the gig was up.

“Let’s just say you might not be entirely wrong,” Lois finally admitted.
clap "He is like a--slightly retarded--kid-brother to me."

He heard the truck door slam... twice.

What?
Oops?

A slight gasp.

He’d know that voice, that heartbeat anywhere.

He was off the chair, following the string connecting the chair to the cabin, and slamming the door before the sound of the gasp had even faded from the air.
clap

“That’s right. Your mother spilled the beans. Not that I wouldn’t have figured it out anyway after that little disappearing act of yours. Regardless of what you might think, I’m not galactically stupid!
lol

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Moping act? What moping act? He was blind for pity sake! He had a right to feel a little sorry for himself. How dare she call it a moping act! Besides, it wasn’t a moping act. He was just being prudent - not causing damage while he worked on getting his sight back.
Uh-huh.

Being Superman doesn’t make it easier to be blind. It makes it harder.”

“Bull.”

“Bull?”

“You heard me. Bullsh...”
goofy

..., Sherlock. Now, are you going to help me or not?”
Oh boy. And /whispers/ That one might not pass the GE'ing blush

“Lois, what are you doing?” he asked, reaching out to feel the wood.

“I’m putting wood in the fireplace.”

“Lois, this is too much wood! It will never burn like that. And if it did, it would generate enough heat to get the Taj Mahal sweltering.” He reached in and began removing logs. “Did you put any kindling on the bottom?”

“Kindling?”
clap

“I never said I didn’t know how to build a fire. I’m a former girl scout, Clark. I can build a fire using a shoelace and sticks. I’ve just never built a fire in a fireplace before. Thanks for the lesson.”
rotflol

“If she comes back tonight,” Martha said, softly.
Martha really is incorrigible. But Clark did shower and clean up the bed. Would be a shame to not put the newfound cleanliness to good use.

Don’t worry, Clark. I’ll go back to Metropolis and you’ll never have to see me again.”
Oh boy. So, will he stumble after her, begging her to stay? Or will he just whimper a tiny 'don't go, please'?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hey, guys and gals. Glad you're enjoying the story. I'm sick with a cold at the moment so I'm not feeling up to posting detailed responses. But I do want you to know that I appreciate the comments and am glad you're enjoying the story.

Oh, and because I'm sick, I'm going to get the next section ready and post now so that I can go to bed. So you'll probably be getting it shortly.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice work, letting Lois say she's not galactically stupid, in this chapter. laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard