Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So... did I surprise you?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh, Martha's going to be in so much troooouble. clap I love it!!!

Poor stubborn Clark thinking only that one thing can cure him. His depression is heartwrenching.

her son lying out in the back yard, staring blindly towards the setting sun. He spent all day, every day, doing the same thing - waiting for the magical powers he got from the sun to heal his eyes. With snow all around him, and wearing only a pair of shorts, he certainly did paint quite a picture
mecry
Sometimes those Kent men need a woman to kick them in the head. I'm so glad Martha has taken it on herself to do just that! wildguy

Me thinks that Clark's not going to be happy when Lois shows up and he's looking like this:

Or wash clothes who simply wears the same pair of grubby shorts every day. The only thing Clark would do for himself was to slip on the same pair of shorts, stumble his way to the lawn chair they had set out for him in the back yard in the morning and shuffle his way back to bed in the evening. Occasionally, he might throw in a shower for good measure - although not often enough to Martha’s way of thinking.
Let's hope this was one of those days he decided to shower. wink

Lex was resurrected! Yikes! Glad that it didn't even register on Lois's heart-o-meter. Diana Stride never found out about CK=S, phew!

I am disappointed by one thing, though... That I have to wait another 24 hours!!! before the next part is posted! ARRRGH! Sigh.

PS: Is 8 the number of parts for the entire story or just "episode 1"?

PPS: M&J found Clark at dusk, not late at night. (I watched Tempus Fugitive recently... actually, I was just about to turn it on again to do some research.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Is 8 the number of parts for the entire story or just "episode 1"?
There are 8 parts in episode 1, Virginia.

M&J found Clark at dusk, not late at night.
Thanks. I'll change it.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved that Martha finally decided to call Lois, have her fly out to Smallville and then start the story at Shuster's Field!

She is going to be in trouble, until Clark realizes that he should have done that long ago.

Can't wait for part 3!

hyper

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh I love it when Martha interferes! You sure did surprise me. Can't wait to see Lois' reaction.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Way to take the bull by the horns Martha!

I like the way you've integrated Lex and Diana Stride with subtle variation due to the differing circumstances.

Joan

N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
love

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay yay yay! Another MLT story!

The Clark in this fic isn't quite as resolute as the Superman shown in canon ("I believe we're all put on this Earth - or whatever planet we come from - to do the best we can.")

Of course, being blinded is a horrific thing and no wonder Clark is grieving. Plus, he's separated himself from Lois (always a bad thing.)

Good for Martha - she knows Lois is The One. Why else would she tell Lois the big secret? Yay for Martha overcoming years of keeping her mouth shut, to tell someone outside the family.

What is the antidote for Superman's blindness? I guess I'll just have to read and find out!

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you guys are enjoying the story so far. And thanks for letting me know.

The Clark in this fic isn't quite as resolute as the Superman shown in canon ("I believe we're all put on this Earth - or whatever planet we come from - to do the best we can.")
I struggled with that issue, too. But I figured that I'd allow Clark a little slack - given what he's lost. Yes, he's grieving, but he also believes he's doing the right thing. And we all know what a stubborn lunkhead Clark can be when he believes he's right laugh . Besides, it's not where he starts that matters. It's where he finishes.

It's sort of like the old story about the man trying to get his donkey to move. He does everything he can think of but the donkey won't move. An old timer comes along and says you just have to talk nicely to the donkey and he'll do whatever you want. So the young guy gives it a try - with no results. The old timer rolls his eyes and picks up a 2x4. To the astonishment of the young guy, he wacks the donkey across the head. Then he whispers something in the donkey's ear and the donkey instantly moves.

"What did you do that for?" the young guy demands. "I thought you said I just had to talk softly to the donkey."

"Well," the old timer replies, "you've got to get his attention first."

So don't worry. Now that the 2x4 has arrived in Smallville, things are bound to change laugh

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thumbsup

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper /gets popcorn/

“You know that time off you offered me?”

“Yes.”

“I’m going to take you up on that.”

“Great! You could use a vacation. Help get your mojo back. So when...”

“Tomorrow.”
clap

Lot's of fun, ML!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard