Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
It's here! It's here! smile1

This made me laugh out loud - Lois didn't think much of the "air" since Bobby's chosen spot was beside a large garbage bin.

I can't wait to see where you're going with this. My best guess is that somehow Bill Church got hold of the info/materials to make a Superman clone. That would explain why Lois feels like she's being watched (because even his clone was drawn to Lois) and why there's a man-sized shape that can swoop down from the sky. Another possibility is that Batman's flipped out and thinks he's a vampire. :p

I'll try to be patient while I wait for the next part, but I can't make any promises. wildguy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was thinking Batman, too. laugh But we know he wouldn't bite anyone. Maybe he's just on the case. Sounds like some weird medical experiments. Superman Clone was Luthor's deal, so unless he's teamed up with the Church's of the world...

Me thinking that Lois is sleeping with her windows bolted again tonight. Poor Superman.

PS: Sue, you forgot to mention FDK in your Subject header.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
blush Fixed that - thanks, Virginia. I guess it's been a long time since I've started a feedback thread.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Apparently he was a former aerospace engineer, fired from NASA five years ago."
So was this first victim involved in the whole Prometheus thing?

(And, by the way, doesn't the L&C universe have EPRAD instead of NASA?)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wasn't there a drunk who had been fired from NASA in S2's Wall of Sound? The one who tells the other drunk about sonic booms when Superman flies quickly overhead?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
That was who I was thinking of when I put that part in.

(And, by the way, doesn't the L&C universe have EPRAD instead of NASA?)

Who knows? With all the alphabet agencies these days, maybe they have both. But I took that from the drunk that was explaining sonic booms.

Nan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Oh, I don't know. How about that woman last week, who was keeping Lex Luthor's body for herself? That's pretty ghoulish."

Lois shivered. "Don't remind me. I'd rather deal with a vampire." She frowned. "You know, Lex's body disappeared right after that. You don't suppose --"
Oooooh, so is Doc Kelly pumping fresh blood into Lex or is Lex nibbling on fresh necks?

Clark was scowling at the report. "There's a note here from Henderson, too. The victim's name is Tom Baucus. Look who he worked for." He extended the paper.

Lois felt her eyebrows rising as she scanned the document. "Cost Mart. This can't be a coincidence."
Two from Cost Mart? What's Intergang up to? And are they regular employees or from the special division?

"A flying thing?" Clark said, frowning. "A bat?"

"No." Bobby shifted nervously and looked at his watch. It was a very nice watch, Lois saw. "Look, I gotta get back."
/Remembers Batman Halloween crossover from last year? Two years ago? Anyhow, he had green-K teeth laugh

"Apparently he was a former aerospace engineer, fired from NASA five years ago."
Huh, now look and that. Coincidence. Early test?
From the script:
WINO 1: They never shoulda fired you from NASA.
Talk about fact-checking the scripts laugh And thanks for pointing this out in here smile

"The only one I can see," Lois said, "is Cost Mart. Which one did they work at?" She shuffled the papers again, looking for the information. "Looks like the new one, over by Old Town. I guess we need to go over there, next."
And both at the same Cost Mart? Sounds ever more mysterious...

/waits for part 3 to magically appear/ spider

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can't believe I missed this. More stories by Nan. dance

More soon please? grovel

Janine

I Do Whatever My Rice Krispies Tell Me To
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Nan? You out there? wildguy

Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Funny note: She was just here, leaving crumbs in the FDK for Blind (Super)Man’s Bluff - Episode 2: Testing Point - Part 8

So... Pre-Christmas-present? Please? Pretty please? grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Working on it, Michael. I'm two pages into it, but I also have a heat pump that quit in 30 degree temperatures, a wedding to prepare for (my daughter's) and a brother that I have to drive 40 miles to and from work three days a week. <g> My husband has been on travel this week, too, and I've been juggling things like mad.

I'll get it done, but it's taking a little while longer than I like. But thanks for letting me know that someone still wants to see the next part. It's encouraging.

Nan

PS: Oh yes, and while all this has been going on, my car has been in the shop twice in two weeks, and we're going to have to replace the engine, which is cheaper than a new car. <sigh>

I wonder what I did to get old Murphy's attention?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congrats on the wedding! Are you in the 'scurry around madly because it's coming close to deadline and you have to get everything done" timeframe?

Features Writer
Features Writer
Seriously got me hooked now. Yes I'm normally an nfic monster, but a bit of intrigue'll grab me too and this story has it.

Plus I love the descriptions going on here. I can't remember Bobby ever being described so well.
Bobby Bigmouth was a lean, nondescript man with an unflappable demeanor and an expression that never changed. Somehow he always managed to project a faint air of gnawing hunger, even while wolfing down some massive sandwich or other substantial dish brought to him by Lois.
And this one struck me because I am a silly person...
He said this thing was black, the size of a man, and it came from above him.
The BATMAN!!! but no, I don't think there are too many folks who could outrun the Batman...

So now off to part 3!! smile1

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard