Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82913 10/30/11 08:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap clap You got me! You got me good! evil He's never going to get it back.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL! I love how you got Jimmy. I figured you wouldn't maim poor Lois, you're not *that* evil. wink Ah, to have a servant for life! hehe

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooooohhhh! Halloween Tank Treat!

she had ice in her veins.
So, *that's* where the Ice Queen comes from!

Come on, Lois, I know you like to party once in a while.”
/imagines Jimmy imagining Lois in a painted on, open back halter top and a belt shirt dancing off in a halflit disco before taking one or two strangers home.

“Once in a while? Jimmy, I like to party as much as the next gal,
evil And on second read, of course. And not just because it's necessary for a happy ending! It is a *Tank* fic, so the joke *must* be on Jimmy! And wouldn't it be fun, if they paid the LL copy from Madame Ex to sleep with Jimmy and then have Lois tell him she's pregnant with his love child?

Lois’ scream brought Jimmy’s attention back to the monitor screen. “Lois!” He jumped up from his seat and bolted out the door.
/pops popcorn, just about now.

Lois was slumped in the chair, her head resting on her blood covered forearms which ended in jagged stumps. Blood pooled deeply on the table top. His gaze shifted to the ubiquitous Mr. Smith. He was covered with blood splatters; a satisfied grin on his face.
Good props. Right? Right?

“Lois, please don’t die. I’m so sorry. If you live I’ll spend my life making this up to you. I’ll be your servant forever.”
Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhh

“Really?”
I can just hear it and see it, Lois peeking up at him through one open eye.

“Boo, “she said.
laugh

“…and then she opened her eyes and said, ‘Boo!’, I thought I was going to pee my pants.”
Only thought? Nooooo!

Jimmy pointed at Lois’ head. “I hope you’re not too angry about the lock of hair that guy cut. Was that part of the plan?”
/Expects Lois to pull off a wig. Despite this being a Tank fic and all.

Lois cocked her brow. “Who says I’ve forgiven you? If I remember correctly, if I lived, you promised to be my servant… forever.”
Uuuuuuh, boy. So, now she and C.K. and get on to making little ones, since they have a free babysitter for life?

She reached over and patted him on the cheek. “I’m alive, and I need my jeep washed this afternoon.”

“Lois?”

“I’ll let you know when I come up with some more tasks for you.”
laugh

“Lois?”
It's a gift that gives on giving. Hope Perry don't mind his slave getting misappropriated.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I really thought Jimmy had gotten Lois's hands cut off and I thought, 'what kind of fic IS this?' Whew! Thank you for not ending it that way.
/whispers/ It's what we call a Tank ending around these parts.

Thanks for the great fun, Tank!
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/whispers/ It's what we call a Tank ending around these parts.
Yes, Michael, but wouldn't it be so Tank to Tank his own ending and surprise everyone by having Lois die and Jimmy have to live with the guilt? (And possible a criminal sentance for inadvertantly setting it up?) Especially in a Halloween fic? And poor Lois only getting a partial haircut?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Umm... no, I guess I should have pruned the quote a bit more. Lois ending up with both hands MIA, that's the Tank Ending. Lois ending up with both hands still attached, that's the cute ending smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This was so much fun! Thanks the Halloween gift. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap
Awesome fun! Thanks for the Halloween treat, Tank.

I love to see Lois Lane not just taking risks, but doing her homework. She wouldn't be the best reporter in Metropolis if she didn't.

B

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It's pretty sad when someone goes ahead and answers his own challenge, but I just couldn't resist.

Thanks to all who visited this little fic. Hope I caught a few of you.

I knew there might be a bit of 'conflict' with Lois' internal dialog during the 'set-up' of the final punchling, but I was going to dismiss it as Lois being method in her acting. After all I did need to try and fool not only Jimmy, but the gentle readers also. But Michael did point out one line that was specifically contrary so I removed it.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Tank (who has an opinion of Halloween similar to Lois'... not a fan)

Top Banana
Top Banana
"Hope I caught a few of you."

You caught me, Tank. With any other author, I would have thought, "No, he won't really do that; there must be a twist coming." But with you, I thought, "You know, he might actually do it."

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jimmy, when will you learn? LOL!

Thanks for the laugh!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
Columnist
Haha! Loved it! I love Halloween pranks & being scared/scaring people! Great job on the turn-around!

.talk nerdy to me.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I held out hope it might have been a set-up by Lois but you did scare me there!!

Good job! thumbsup

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol That was hilarious! laugh Love that Lois turned the tables on Jimmy. That'll teach him!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard