A Little Too Far TOC

Where we left off in Part 1...

Lois pulled his face to hers and rested her head against his. “Oh, Clark. What am I going to do with you?”

“Personally, I’d prefer some conjugal visits, but if you want to wait until you’ve served your time…” He swallowed. “I understand. Just remember, we both know you’re not getting time off for good behavior.”

“I can be good,” she tried to debate him. But they both knew the truth. Mad Dog Lane would do whatever it took to survive her time in prison and that would have nothing to do with being good.

Part 2A – Fantasy Ending

Clark heard a sound outside their room. He scanned the door and saw two people, besides the guard, standing on the other side of the door. “I know you’re out there, gentlemen. You might as well come in.”

The door opened and Perry entered, pulling Jimmy inside by his ear. The younger man had a bandage across his forehead. “Look what I found wandering the streets of Metropolis,” the Chief announced. He released Jimmy’s ear and pushed him towards them.

Lois let go of Clark and hesitantly walked up to Jimmy, before embracing him. “You’re alive?” A second later, her knee collided with his crotch, knocking the wind out of him and dropping him to the floor.

Jimmy gasped. “Sorry, Lois. I don’t remember much. My memories have been kind of fuzzy since our argument in your apartment.”

Lois rolled her eyes not believing a word of it. “He was still trying to get me! I can’t believe it!”

Clark glanced at Perry. “He’s had amnesia?”

“Why not? If it’s good enough for you two, why not him?”

Clark grabbed Lois’s elbow before she could attack their boss and then asked, “How did he survive the dive out of Lois’s window?”

“I don’t know. He didn’t tell me.”

“There was a pretty blonde girl…” Jimmy said through his gasps. “A Kryptonian left over from Zara and Ching’s visit. She said that she was Superman’s cousin – Kara. She saved me.”

Lois, Clark, and Perry exchanged disbelieving expressions. They continued to stare at him, waiting for Jimmy to catch his breath.

“Okay. Okay,” Jimmy confessed, sitting up. “We figured Lois would attack me when I told her the truth about the pregnancy, so the producers had set up a air mattress – you know, the kind that stuntmen use – to catch me after I dove out the window.”

“Told ya!” Lois strained against Clark’s hands trying to break free. He was tempted to let her.

“You win, Lois. Nothing scares Mad Dog Lane.” He swallowed. “The producers would like you to sign off some liability papers, so that they can…”

“See me in court!” Lois growled.

“This isn’t going to air,” Clark told him. “Did they record any of your conversations with Lois?” Please, don’t say these TV producers knew he was Superman.

“No, video only.” Jimmy shook his head. “My head’s still kind of fuzzy. I don’t remember much after Lois slugged me.”

Clark looked at Perry and his boss nodded. Good, the Chief would find out exactly what Jimmy remembered. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad having Perry know his secret.

“Get me out of here!” Lois screamed, still straining against Clark’s grip.

“You’ll be lucky if they don’t press charges, Olsen,” Perry said, grabbing Jimmy’s arm and dragging him out of the room. “Let’s go overturn her conviction.”

A stream of bright sunlight filtered through the windows and Lois seemed to relax as they were once more alone. “Clark?”

“Hmmm.” He was burying his face in her neck and going through the calculations on how fast he could get the two of them to Vegas.

“Would you mind terribly if I killed Jimmy?” she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Only if you let me help,” Clark replied, finally joining their lips together in their first reunion kiss.

*** The End? ***

Fantasy Ending - Epilogue

Comments - Part 2A

If you want to try the Grim Reality Ending, click here:
Part 2B

Gratitude: This story is in response to Tank’s “Scare Tactics” Halloween challenge in which Jimmy put Lois on a TV Show and tried to scare her. I would like to thank Darth Michael for inspiring me with his idea of scaring Lois by telling her she was pregnant. I would also like to thank Iolanthe for her Beta corrections and advice.

Disclaimer: Inspired by the characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and portrayed on the Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman television series, developed by Deborah Joy LeVine. Many thanks to the writers on the show, especially Bryce Zabel from whom I quote directly. This story is entirely my own (with a little inspiration from Darth Michael and Tank).

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/12/14 01:51 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.