Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
That's an interesting twist. I guess Clark was using Mayson to try to take his mind off Lois.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aargh! What a terrible thing for Clark to learn! He has romantic feelings for Lois, but can never act on them! How horrible.

I guess it's the old "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex" situation all over again. mecry

Features Writer
Features Writer
I had to laugh at the comment about planes crashing once upon a time being more of a news item than just a blip! laugh

I KNEW something more was going on, though I admit that I definitely thought it was a villain sort of thing. And maybe it still is. After all, if Luthor had managed to somehow change the globe's message to cause him pain and keep him from Luthor...? Don't know if that's reaching or not, but it's a theory.

On the other hand, I love how you showed Lois's revelation that Clark had more to tell her than that he was Superman. Actually, when you flashed back to his headache, I had this terrible thought that he was sick with some disease that was slowly killing him. After all, he's tired, he looks exhausted, he's been acting strangely...again, maybe nothing, but I wondered.

And they are sharing dreams! And how funny that Lois immediately latches onto that, her investigative intuition coming through.

So, I can see, with this piece of information, why Clark would not tell her he loved her on the park bench. And I can even see why he started dating Mayson, trying to forestall Lois since her confession to Superman that she missed Clark and felt more for him than friendship would have alerted him to that. I feel kind of bad for the poor guy, but I'm glad this is out in the open now. Usually, when they both start working on a problem together, they find a solution.

And there is HG Wells. Is he here to either correct the false assumption or give them some way out?

Looking forward to the rest!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
AntiKryptonite: Actually, when you flashed back to his headache, I had this terrible thought that he was sick with some disease that was slowly killing him. After all, he's tired, he looks exhausted, he's been acting strangely...again, maybe nothing, but I wondered.
Well, he was, wasn't he. At the time of the headache, he had been poisoned from the Diana's Kryptonite lipstick.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
And there is HG Wells.
Oh...right!! I totally forgot about HG Wells. I'm really looking forward to all the puzzle pieces coming together.

So Clark was told that he couldn't sleep with an earthling but he obviously isn't worried about doing ... other things, just not to himself, right? There are tons of marriages that work that way due to medical situations and what not. C'mon Clark, have a little imagination!! angel-devil

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C'mon Clark, have a little imagination!! angel-devil
I think we need a nfic chapter to explore those options... wink laugh angel-devil

Hey, he could keep a little kryptonite to be exposed before he... er... does what he can't do blush (he wore a kryptonite shard in a locket in Some Things are Meant to Be because he was afraid to hurt people)

So, there's always a way. I'm counting on Lois to make the lunkhead come to his senses. laugh

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Kerth
Kerth
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard