Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82804 10/24/11 05:01 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Clark kissed me again, his lips gentle like the flutter of a butterfly. "This is no dream,“ his warm voice whispered reassuringly. "Though it certainly feels like one.” His smile warmed my heart. Was he actually back, here with me? The mere thought made me dizzy with happiness. I could not avert my eyes for as much as a blink, fearing that all this would burst like a soap bubble if I did.

But Clark remained warm and reliable next to me.
Oh good! Maybe Clark is done being an oaf!

"We aren’t done yet, Clark," I said huskily, deepening the kiss. With my hand I traced the lines of his abdomen underneath his shirt. I had not even noticed that he was still fully dressed.
Here's where I discovered that they didn't have sex... or it was just really kinky. /snicker

"Nonononono," he groaned in despair. "I can’t do this! Why on earth did I believe that this could work!"
Clark! Don't make me hurt you!!

"Because..." Clark again swallowed and ran his tongue over his apparently dry lips. "... I love you."
Could'a fooled me Clark!

"You’re right, I owe you an explanation," he replied softly. "I thought that it would be better for both of us if you didn’t know the truth. I’m sorry, Lois."

His right hand jerked up to his glasses, once, twice.
Really? That's it? All this over your guilty conscience? mad

"You're Superman," I replied flatly and tried to grasp the meaning of his revelation.

"Yes," he admitted quietly. "I had really been hoping that I didn’t need to tell you, for your own sake." He swallowed hard.

"How ... how could you ... how dare you?" I stammered. "For my sake?" I laughed, but actually I felt only hot burning rage. "What were you thinking, you idiot?"
My thoughts exactly! I can't wait to hear the end of this story and Clark's thought process through all this craziness.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Yeah - she's figured out Clark is Superman. Now I want to hear his explanation for his behavior.

Joan

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, I'm confused right now. The way he leapt up and moved back and forth seemed almost like there was something happening within him. Instead of a Kryptonite cage, could Luthor have planted a tracer or some form of chemical or...something...on him and warned him to stay away from Lois? That wasn't natural, and it wasn't like Clark at all! Plus, there's something more than just reticence keeping him from telling her the whole truth.

I'm a little frustrated with Lois at this point because before the revelation, she really should have been latching onto his phrases and the way he keeps saying that he CAN'T tell her. After the revelation, I can understand her being mad, but on the other hand, after whatever just happened, she should be a bit embarrassed about her own behavior, throwing herself at first Superman and then Clark. And, knowing both of them as she does, why doesn't she realize that something nefarious is going on?

Also, she ran out right when he was prepared to tell her what was going on!!! And she's furious at him for 'torturing' her when obviously she's causing just as much pain for him, so it seems kind of one-sided at this moment.

I don't know how all this will connect together, but I know that something more than what we're seeing is happening. And I'm not so sure that Lois knowing Clark is Superman is going to help right now; it almost seems like it will hinder solving whatever problem is driving the plot.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard