Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82801 10/24/11 04:53 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm still wondering what it was that made Clark start acting like an idiot...

From the flashback to TOGOM, it seemed like things were fine until then so maybe the guilt of putting her through all that and then having to lie about it?? Hmmmm

I love that Lois is reaching out to Lucy and that Luce is actually being there for her for a change.

The strong smell of alcohol added to my irritation. His shoulders were slumped, as was his whole stance complete with his tie hanging loosely around his neck.

"You've drunk," I realized in horror. My anger vanished into thin air.

"Yes, pretty much," he admitted frankly.
I just assumed Clark couldn't get drunk when he had his superpowers but I guess that is just something that has become fandom canon.

"You're so beautiful," he said hoarsely, almost reverently. Running his fingers through my hair, he finally cupped my cheek.
Awww, finally! I am just baffled by this Clark (and Lois for that matter - smack him around a bit Lois!!). Surely he has not been treating her 'like dirt' over a guilty conscience??

Tenderly, he stroked me, seduced me, until my whole body was burning with desire. And when I thought I was about to lose my mind, his gentle caress brought release.
Yowza!! shock I thought they had sex here but the next chapter implies otherwise which actually makes more sense cause no matter how OOC this Clark is, I can't imagine that he would sleep with her without telling her his secret.

I'm really enjoying this story even though both Lois & Clark are OOC. I like to think that we can all act OOC ourselves, depending on the circumstances or where our train of thought leads us. I know I've done things OOC before. Looking forward to MORE!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for your feedback, stephanachia. I was a bit worried, I had driven my last reader off wink

I just assumed Clark couldn't get drunk when he had his superpowers but I guess that is just something that has become fandom canon.
Oh, that is my interpretation exactly. The poor guy is just so out of it, that he actually tried getting drunk.

I'm really enjoying this story even though both Lois & Clark are OOC. I like to think that we can all act OOC ourselves, depending on the circumstances or where our train of thought leads us. I know I've done things OOC before. Looking forward to MORE!
People who read the whole thing kept assuring me, that they weren't behaving so much OOC. Well, maybe Lois is behaving a bit OOC, since she wouldn't stick with Clark despite his odd behavior. But then, being in love, one's bound to do strange things.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
I have to admit, I'm one of those people who don't think Clark would sleep with Lois without being honest with her, particularly considering how he describes making love and also the fact that he can't be 100 percent sure the act wouldn't be different with him than with a human male, so I'm not sure what I think about that.

The rest of the chapter was just as confusing. I still think something more behind the scenes is going on. Obviously, he feels bad about having her think he was dead, but the change started way before then on the park bench. So, this piled on top of whatever else happened--and we still don't know if he got stuck in the Kryptonite cage--may be what convinced him or forced him to drive her away.

I love how even through her view, we can see how much of a constant effort it is for him to distance himself from her. Being close to her and trusting her is very natural to him.

Oh, and I love that in the flashback, she thought that she had to live to honor the gift Clark had given her--beautiful!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard