Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I realized once I was done that this fic was slightly more Dexter-centeric than Lois and Clark-centric. However, it was a ton of fun to write from the point of view of a serial killer.

Please leave feedback and I will love you forever and ever! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/peeks in with only reading the title/
rotflol

Michael

PS: Yes, I will be back here in a day or so...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol Darth Michael!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
I think that the changes you've made are improvements - it's an excellent story, nice to see Dexter confronted with someone good for a change.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
I think that the changes you've made are improvements - it's an excellent story, nice to see Dexter confronted with someone good for a change.
Thanks Marcus! Dexter is always so good at finding other bad guys, that I thought it would be hysterical if he stalked the ultimate good guy for a change. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
I sent him after Lex once, after a fashion:

http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-17537/MarcusRowland+Celebrity+Victim.htm

Mild bad language warning.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This was really interesting POV of Lois and Clark's life (lives?) Police Chef Henderson! He's been busy since S1. Nice to see that L&C have a wonderful happy family of 3 kids.

Dexter obviously brushed Lois off as the unimportant member of the duo. I would have loved to see Lois's Mad Dog REALLY interview Dexter though. That could be funny. Dexter might actually have been surprised. I think she let him off easy. Of course, surprising Dexter might be hazardous to Lois's health... like everything else she does.

Loved the imagery. The opening with Dexter's comparison of Miami and Metropolis ending with he hated it. thumbsup To each his own. Dexter's dark passenger vs. Clark's light passenger. That's a good description of Clark's other persona; a voice inside his head that tells him to go off and fight for truth and justice! clap

Yes, Clark must have been distracted to do the switch within full view of another. Forget about your x-ray vision there Clark? :rolleyes: And what would have Dexter done if he REALLY had tried to inject drug into Clark and the needle broke? eek

Oooh, the possibilites of these three boggles the mind. Thanks for the taste! It almost makes you want Lois and Kent to hunt him down... almost.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
This was really interesting POV of Lois and Clark's life (lives?) Police Chef Henderson! He's been busy since S1. Nice to see that L&C have a wonderful happy family of 3 kids.

Dexter obviously brushed Lois off as the unimportant member of the duo. I would have loved to see Lois's Mad Dog REALLY interview Dexter though. That could be funny. Dexter might actually have been surprised. I think she let him off easy. Of course, surprising Dexter might be hazardous to Lois's health... like everything else she does.

Loved the imagery. The opening with Dexter's comparison of Miami and Metropolis ending with he hated it. thumbsup To each his own. Dexter's dark passenger vs. Clark's light passenger. That's a good description of Clark's other persona; a voice inside his head that tells him to go off and fight for truth and justice! clap

Yes, Clark must have been distracted to do the switch within full view of another. Forget about your x-ray vision there Clark? :rolleyes: And what would have Dexter done if he REALLY had tried to inject drug into Clark and the needle broke? eek

Oooh, the possibilites of these three boggles the mind. Thanks for the taste! It almost makes you want Lois and Kent to hunt him down... almost.
Thanks for the review, Virginia! I've always liked Henderson and feel that he was kind of under-utilized in the show, to a certain degree. So I decided that, since this is set in 2010-ish, that he deserved a promotion. smile

Glad you liked the imagery. The Light Passenger was born out of a desire to show just how much of a foil Dexter and Clark are for each other. smile

Lois interrogating Dexter would be hilarious! Too bad she's only just collecting notes for a story in this one. Poor Dexter feels like he's being interrogated though - he's used to watching people led off to a small room and asked about crimes. laugh

Clark didn't forget his x-ray vision - he was just in a hurry, so he did the usual glance around. He was completely unaware of Dexter and had no real reason to x-ray the area.

Dexter would have been in for quite a shock if he'd tried to inject Clark! laugh

I've thought of doing one where Clark finds out about Dexter's secret, but there's no way Dexter could get out of that one, and I don't want Dexter to get caught! :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
I sent him after Lex once, after a fashion:

http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-17537/MarcusRowland+Celebrity+Victim.htm

Mild bad language warning.
I read that one a while back, after I had initally come up with the desire to write a LnC/Dexter crossover! Nice story! I enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
thumbsup
Thanks, Mouse! Glad you enjoyed it. Laughter is what I hoped to cause with this one - both with the absurdity of Dexter thinking that Clark is also a killer, and with Dexter's own brand of dark humor.

Yes, Clark made a big mistake - but at least Dexter will keep his mouth shut! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I don't know anything about Dexter but this is an interesting premise. I wondered how you could combine two shows with such different tones.

I like the idea that Dexter could pick up on something different about Clark:

He's definitely hiding something, that much is clear to me. Most people might not notice it, but I'm not most people. The question is: what, exactly, is he hiding?
I also liked the way you resolved the story - that Dexter is surprised by the revelation that Clark is Superman. And that Dexter understands the importance of keeping certain secrets.

Entertaining story!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I don't know anything about Dexter but this is an interesting premise. I wondered how you could combine two shows with such different tones.

I like the idea that Dexter could pick up on something different about Clark:

He's definitely hiding something, that much is clear to me. Most people might not notice it, but I'm not most people. The question is: what, exactly, is he hiding?
I also liked the way you resolved the story - that Dexter is surprised by the revelation that Clark is Superman. And that Dexter understands the importance of keeping certain secrets.

Entertaining story!

Joan
Thanks Joan! It was actually easier combining the two shows that I had thought it would be, thanks,, in part, to the fact the the new Dexter season has started and I'm been refreshed on the deadpan dark humor of the show. Dexter, in both the books and the series, is very good about picking up on when other people are hiding things (his Dark Passenger can pick up on other people's Dark Passengers). Dexter definitely understands the importance of secrets - also, there's no way that he can reveal Clark's without revealing his own secret (people would demand to know why Dexter was watching Clark).

Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I must admit that I have only watched two episodes of Dexter, and surprisingly, the last two episodes of the season with Lumen which you described in the fix, and while watching, I was sad that I have missed the other seasons (and episodes) since these were brilliant.

Loved you cross-over fic and from the little I know about Dexter, I think you got the tone spot on!

Oh, almost forgot - I loved the comparison with the Light vs. the Dark Passenger.

Well done and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one clap

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by DW:
I must admit that I have only watched two episodes of Dexter, and surprisingly, the last two episodes of the season with Lumen which you described in the fix, and while watching, I was sad that I have missed the other seasons (and episodes) since these were brilliant.

Loved you cross-over fic and from the little I know about Dexter, I think you got the tone spot on!

Oh, almost forgot - I loved the comparison with the Light vs. the Dark Passenger.

Well done and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one clap
Thanks you very much, DW! I definitely recommend renting the other seasons if you can. The show is just brilliant.

Glad you enjoyed the fic and that the Light vs. Dark Passenger worked for you!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I have never watched Dexter but you portrayed him very well. I got a chill over the way he thought, but it was funny when he realized that he was stalking his exact opposite.

This was a very well done crossover. I have always wanted to try a crossover, but I don't think I could do it nearly as well as you have.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy

"Uh, somewhere between two and four am."

An odd look flashes in Clark's eyes. It's there and gone in less than a second, but my Dark Passenger stirs sleepily at it nonetheless.

Was it guilt?
Yes?

"Superman was off fighting a brush fire in California about that time," Clark says thoughtfully.
Funny coincidence.

He's actually sorry for Rita's murder at the hands of Trinity - a woman that he'd never even met. My Dark Passenger perks his head up in suspicion and I have to force him back down again before I can speak.
Nah, just a hick from Nowheresville.

She's covering for him. Her tone might fool others, but not me. It's clear that she's used to covering for him. But covering for what?
Is he going to go after her, too? That's would be...interesting.

I move on and research Clark on the police database. Zip. Zero. Nada. Not even a parking ticket that I can find. That's fine.
Yeah, it's just that he always folds his cape up and takes it with him. So no need for a parking space.

I just happen to kill people on a fairly regular basis.
Sounds reasonable?

Drug dealer. A secret affair. A secret family stashed someplace. Hired gunman. Member of the mob. Serial killer.
Exiled prince with the chance for despoty?

"None of the above. Well, now we know who killed the kid in the park,"
Waddayaknow.

Evidence that Clark is a monster, just like me.
Well... according to Trask, he is.

And in an instant, I know his secret.

There is no Dark Passenger in this man.

Clark Kent is Superman.
Whoops.

I won't expose his Light Passenger, and I won't destroy his family. Just as I want my Dark Passenger to remain a secret and my family to stay intact.
clap

Nicely done, DC! Dexter felt quite all right to me. Always refreshing to see a new face (aka Dexter) pop in.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Nan:
I have never watched Dexter but you portrayed him very well. I got a chill over the way he thought, but it was funny when he realized that he was stalking his exact opposite.

This was a very well done crossover. I have always wanted to try a crossover, but I don't think I could do it nearly as well as you have.

Nan
Thank you, Nan! Dexter's thought process is on the chilling side. He's so mater-of-fact about who he needs to kill, the way he goes about it, and why. It makes the character really interesting.

I'm sure you'd do great with a crossover!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/buckles in for some sub-hunting.
blush Not quite. Some subversive super hero hunting though.

/Okay, only ever heard about Dexter on TV-sites, but let's see...
Totally worth checking out!

laugh
Henderson got promoted!

So much for a nice, cozy conference
More interesting one for Dexter anyway! laugh

Yes?
*nods* Yes. Guilt that he can't save them all.

Funny coincidence.
Poor Clark needs to clone himself...oh wait... :p

Nah, just a hick from Nowheresville.
:p Well, the Dark Passenger is right that Clark is not exactly "normal."

Is he going to go after her, too? That's would be...interesting.
If Clark *was* a killer and she was helping him...yes, he would. As if is, he does contemplate the idea of a "double playdate" briefly.

Yeah, it's just that he always folds his cape up and takes it with him. So no need for a parking space.
Or insurance! laugh

Sounds reasonable?
It is to him!

Exiled prince with the chance for despoty?
clap

Whoops.
Minor mistaken. wink

Nicely done, DC! Dexter felt quite all right to me. Always refreshing to see a new face (aka Dexter) pop in.
Thanks so much, Michael! Glad you enjoyed it. This take pretty much wrote itself, and was, as a result, completely entertaining and fun to write.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard