Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82592 10/08/11 10:40 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
eek clap clap Great chapter! And a nice bit of steaminess, too! Can't wait to find what happens next.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
We get a clue what might be happening. Clark is afraid of getting involved with Lois because he doesn't want to make her a target. So he's trying to distance himself from her, as Clark, and as Superman. Mayson is just a distraction. And HG Wells has appeared to try to get the future for our happy couple back on track??

Joan

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmmmm! So Wells is looking for Clark-- He wouldn't have had to wait long if he had stayed near Lois another minute or so. He needs to work on his timing! grumble

I'm wondering if it's not so much Clark wanting to protect Lois, as his thinking that she doesn't feel the same for him and he can't pretend anymore with Lois huh

Looking forward to the next parts, and soon, please!! grovel

EvelynC
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, I liked a lot of parts in this chapter. I love the tiny interaction with Wells and how, even confused, Lois is trying to protect Clark. I love how she knows she's safe with Clark even though something is definitely wrong. And I love the way you described Clark's panic and terror.

I still think something sinister is going on. We finally got to see where Superman (officially) is, and the memory of how that night went after Clark DIDN'T profess his love to her. There was something about the way his breath caught and he had to swallow when he said the danger was too real that makes me think it's there right now and whoever's threatening her does know that Clark is Superman. That still doesn't explain the shared dreams, but...

Actually, what surprised me the most is that Clark allowed himself to kiss her while giving her a massage. I mean, obviously this is sweet torture for him, but he is a man of integrity and he is, supposedly, going out with Mayson, and if I'm guessing correctly (which isn't certain), getting too close to her is dangerous for her. Plus, he knows he's hurting her--why would he make it worse?

Still, maybe this will bring out some more clues or tidbits that will give us more to guess about. smile Can't wait for the next part (missing the times when you gave us two at once laugh ).

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Glad you liked it...

Can't wait for the next part (missing the times when you gave us two at once laugh ).
Actually, you got two parts at once. I missed on the break in this one. huh

Anyway, I'll get back with more tonight. And then I'm going to have a nice vacation, before you get to read the rest of this story. devil

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww that was great! Can't wait for more.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmmmm, Clark supposedly cannot tell her why he's going to leave, which is probably also why he is trying not to show his feelings for her; some kind of threat to her life??? confused Although it seemed like he was about to tell her he loves her, Lois kept interrupting him -- don't know how she expects him to explain anything if she keeps interrupting him when he's in mid-sentence. laugh

Also, I don't know why she's surprised by Clark's running away from her and the massage, when she's practically naked--not exactly part of what a work partner should have to cope with, and she was wrong to do that to him as her coworker and as her friend.

Thanks for the 2 parts! And ready for more anytime soon, please!!! dance

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I forgot to mention in my previous note that I am so glad that at least Clark now knows the truth: Lois thinks that he hates her, which of course is not true. eek

EvelynC

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard