Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
Poor Lois. Nice to see she's acknowledging her feelings. She needs to use those reporter instincts to find out what's really going with Clark and Mayson.

Joan

I
Blogger
Blogger
I
I keep thinking there is something about Clark, Lois doesn't know. I'm enjoying the ride, and can't wait for more. Great start.

Kerth
Kerth
Yes, there's definitely something Lois doesn't know. And not just the super-something, methinks. Good chapter, though! I liked you having Lois confide in Lucy and finally confronting her true feelings head on. thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Ok let me start by saying that you write well and the characters sound like Lois and Clark.

I am however very confused by what is going on so I am going off on a blue jaunt...
It had been as if he had remembered something unpleasant, something that had destroyed every spark of hope.
It seems to me that this 'Verse is a variant of the canonVerse but we have time travel or precognition. Somehow Clark knew that Lois would turn him down with
"I do love you, but only as a friend"
and follow it up with
"if you were just an ordinary man leading an ordinary life, I'd love you just the same. Can't you believe that?"
He clearly thinks keeping his distance is what is best for Lois.

Now what about Lois's dreams? They appear to me to be seepage from the future of the canonVerse. Somehow this Lois is picking up memories of a future Lois in the canonVerse.

As I said a blue jaunt, so now am I inside solid rock or out in the open air?

Framework4
Features Writer
Features Writer
Another fantastic part! I've always enjoyed the byplay between Lois and Lucy in the first couple episodes, so I love how you enlarged on that here and showed that they do get along, despite the take most often seen.

However, hearing about all this has only made me more confused. I can not believe that Clark is doing all of this voluntarily; something more sinister is going on, I'm convinced. I like Framework4's assertion that Clark can see seconds into the future. That is an incredibly neat idea, though if true, I can't imagine how painful it must have been for him to realize she'd reject him, have to deal with that in the space of a second, and still come up with something to tell her in order to get her away from Luthor. This section didn't say whether she listened to him or not, though I'm inclined to think not.

The dreams are interesting because it almost seems to me from Clark telling her she didn't know that he loved her and from the title of the story that they are actually SHARING the dreams. He might think they're only his just as she thinks they're only hers. Like Framework4, I might be wrong, but that's where I'm going with this right now.

I can't imagine what, if it isn't precognition, made Clark change his declaration on that park bench. From the way it was described by Lois, it seems to me that he was planning to tell her he loved her all the way up until that last minute. I'm eagerly looking forward to the rest!

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Just caught up on the last two parts! They were excellent and I, too, am wondering what is going on with Clark and what is Wells going to do???

Can't wait for part 4 smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree, Lois is missing the definite clues. huh

To me it looks like the relationship with Mayson is on the rocks. shock

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
Uhm, interesting.

In some ways, you've reversed S1 - Lois in love, wishing a relationship would happen. Clark looking elsewhere.

Although I'm not sure his relationship with Mayson is quite as perfect as she imagines - which is very unlike Clark.

Obviously there are answers - I'm looking forward to seeing how you bring all this together.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks so much for your feedback. I really appreciate that you like this story so far, although I'm being evil to Lois and Clark.

dizzy

@Framework: you're a bit off the track, I'm afraid. Someone else hit the bull's eye though. I'm not going to tell who laugh

Thanks again, to all of you, you really made my day. And I had a pretty tough one.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard