Slight delay due to computer problems. But here it is...

Enjoy! And yes, it's intense... in a nice way. laugh

++++

Clark told Lois to dress comfortably because they were going to 'play' on their date, whatever that meant. He also told her they were going to be outside and since it was hot, she chose a stylish pair of shorts and the burgundy blouse Clark loved so much. He hadn't told her that, of course, but she hadn't missed the admiration in his eyes when she'd worn it the first time. She chose solid white sneakers with low cut socks, stuffed a little money, even though she knew she wouldn't need it, and her ID in her pocket and went to find her date.

In the middle of the den stood three of the best looking people she'd ever seen. Clark, too, wore shorts, khaki with a light blue shirt buttoned down over a muscle shirt. Both Perry and Collin were dressed to match their father- khaki shorts, blue shirts, and white sneakers.

Clark nudged Collin and he stepped over in front of Lois. He held up a white rose she hadn't seen before now. "Mommy, will go out wif us?"

"Oh, honey, I'd love to." She took the rose and smoothed a hand over the side of his face. When she straightened up, she smiled at Clark.

"I kinda' thought it would be fun to hang out with all of my favorite people."

"It would be terrific fun," she agreed.

"Mommy, you look purdy," Perry told her as she reached to take the little girl's hand.

"So do you, Perry bug."

They piled into the Jeep and headed for the park where she and Clark had been on their first date. They walked along behind the twins as they explored their surroundings, running from one new thing to another. Dinner was corn dogs and French fries from one of the vendors at the carnival after several rides. They took a short boat ride to give their food time to settle before going to play a few of the games. More rides, a walk on the trails, and a brief perusal of the latest band playing at the amphitheater before they headed for the Jeep to go home. Both kids were fast asleep by the time they pulled into the driveway. Lois carried Perry up to bed followed by Clark with Collin. They tucked them both in, gave out goodnight kisses, then stepped into the hall.

"Well, Mr. Kent, that was the best fun I've had on a date in a long time."

Clark smiled as he stuck his hands in his pockets. "I aim to please."

"Do you now?" She walked slowly toward her door. "How about joining me for lunch tomorrow?"

"If you don't mind stopping off with me to pick out a television. I'm pretty tired of that empty wall down there."

"Sounds like a plan," she said. Her smile faded a bit and she reached out to touch his face. "Until tomorrow, Mr. Kent." And before he knew what happened, she stepped forward and kissed him softly.

His mouth was still hanging open when she closed her door. His lips still tingled when he settled on the side of his bed a few minutes later. He'd been on stunned autopilot as he dressed for bed. With a huge grin and a satisfied sigh, he fell back onto his mattress. "Wow," he managed to breathe and fell asleep a short time later with a wide smile.

Sunday morning dawned clear and beautiful- the perfect day for a cook-out. Clark and his father had spent most of Saturday making sure the yard was perfect, the pool was clean, and everything was set for their guests. Martha served breakfast on the patio, going all out to make Jack, Denny, and Jimmy feel at home. The small group ate, talked, and laughed as they shared their morning meal. By mid-morning Collin and Perry were ready to go swimming. Clark made sure they were loaded down with sunscreen and turned them loose with Jack and Denny. He sat with Jimmy and Lois and talked while his parents went to visit with Perry and Alice.

By noon, the grill was smoking and more guests had shown up. Perry and Alice ventured across the street and took up camp with the older couple of the house. Denny was inside discovering that a toddler had mad skills on a video game he loved, while the younger Perry shared tea with Jack. Jimmy set up a computer for Lois in the office while she talked with Mayson and became acquainted with Dan.

Dinner was eaten under the new canopy Clark had put up the night before to block the sun a bit. Thankfully it wasn't an overly hot day.

"Okay, okay," Jonathan announced when most everyone was done eating. "My wife informed me that this year I had to pass the Kent torch to my son, since he's a father now. To me, and to him, he's been a father since we first got little Perry, but..." He waved a hand in indecisiveness. "Anyway..." He took the gift Martha held out to him and passed it to Clark. "Happy Father's Day, son."

"Dad, you guys didn't have to get me anything."

"Yeah, well, you know your mother," Jonathan told him, causing everyone to laugh.

Clark opened the gift and grinned. "On second thought, I'll take this one."

"Damn straight. Those cost me a pretty penny."

"Season tickets to the upcoming season of Knights football," Clark said as he held up the item in his hand.

"Hey, who's your buddy, CK?" Jimmy asked.

"Don't worry, son," Jonathan told him. He tossed Jimmy and Jack both a box. "You can go with that sorry joker."

"But I'm not a father," Jimmy protested.

"No, but you're my son's friend," Martha said with a smile. "Enjoy!"

"Hey, wow! Mrs. K, Mr. K, this is too much," Jack spoke up.

"Now, as far as we're concerned, you *are* a father. He might be your brother, but you're taking care of him," Martha said.

"Speaking of which," Denny said and held out a small box to Jack. When his brother looked at him with questioning eyes, Denny pushed it toward him. "Open it." There was a card inside with a date and time on it. "Your group's playing the showcase at Centennial Park."

"What?" Jack and his group had been trying to get in the showcase for months. It was where all the hottest talent in the city came to show off their skills. It was also the jumping board for several successful careers.

"Happy Father's Day, Jack," Denny told him.

Jack looked as if he'd cry, but smiled at his brother instead. "This is cool."

"Well, since everyone else is giving out their Father's Day gifts," Mayson spoke up. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small box to give Dan.

"Is it season tickets so I can join Clark there for the football games?" he asked enthusiastically, which caused another round of laughter. His wide grin faded into a shocked expression when he realized what the picture he was looking meant. "Really?" he asked Mayson.

"Really. I wanted to be sure so I waited. I know you missed the first sonogram..."

"Sonogram?" Lois asked.

Dan turned his picture around. "Looks like I might be a daddy, too," he said with tears in his eyes. Everyone cheered and congratulated the couple.

After the excitement died down, Clark gave his father the keys to his new mower. Jonathan had been miserable with nothing to do all day, so Clark bought him a riding mower and all the accessories to take care of the property. But his real gift was a for both of his parents- a weekend away, at a nice place in the mountains about a hundred miles north. He and Lois, Jack and Jimmy, along with Mayson, had gone together to give Perry and Alice a similar gift, which humbled the other couple to no end. Jonathan also received a couple of hand drawn pictures from his grandkids, which he raved about. They had pictures for every man there as well, including their father. Clark hugged and kissed them both, declaring their gift the best yet. They both also had him a new tie, very loud, very Clark.

As the afternoon wound down, Perry and Alice, along with the Kents, ventured across the street to play a game of pool in Perry's game room while the younger people stayed behind. Clark managed to get the other men out to the driveway to play a game of basketball. Mayson and Lois sat on the patio to watch and shout insults. Collin and Perry stood at the fence and watched, when they weren't drawing on the cement walk with their chalk.

Clark and Dan took on all three of the younger men and were holding their own pretty well. After shifting points back and forth, falling even once again, Clark stood bouncing the ball as he stared at the other guys.

"You know," he said. "We're making this too easy."

"Want to put up some stakes?" Jimmy asked him.

"Yeah," Clark said, still bouncing the ball. "Let's play for..."

"Losers buy all the beer for the poker game next week," Jack spoke up.

"We could do that, but that kinda' cuts Denny out," Clark said as his eyes moved from one man to the other. "Beer and... tuition."

"What?" Jack asked.

"Losers buy the beer for the poker game for us big guys and tuition to Barclay Academy for Denny."

"Clark, that's not even funny." Barclay Academy was the best high school in the city. To have Denny attend would be a dream come true. It would also be impossible. BA was as expensive as college.

"I happen to know the coach and he's looking for a catcher for the baseball team." Clark caught and held the ball. "If Denny can pass the entrance exam, he's in." He threw the ball at Jack. "That is if you lightweights can put the ball in the net."

Jack stared at Clark for a moment, then dropped the ball, making it bounce again. "Game on."

Clark grinned and went to work, but he refused to cheat by using his super powers. Jack and Jimmy were both quite skilled, proving to be more than he could handle at regular pace.

"Did you let us win?" Jack asked Clark.

"Jack, you know I wouldn't do that," he insisted.

"Yeah," Jack said.

"Double or nothing," Dan spoke up. "Losers have to cook steaks for the Fourth."

"Now you're talking," Jimmy spoke up.

"I got one better," Clark added as he reached into his pocket to pull out a set of keys. "If we lose, the keys to a nice used truck are Denny's, too."

Jack stopped bouncing the ball and looked at the older man. "Okay, what gives, CK?"

"Nothing. I just think that if Denny's gonna be a senior at one of the most prestigious schools in the city, he should have a car."

"Clark, I can't accept that," Jack spoke up.

"Jack," Denny whined.

"You haven't beaten us yet," Clark pointed out. "Now, bring your A-game." He gave the younger man another look and within minutes the men were tearing up the court. Clark fought hard, harder than he had the last game. But it wasn't enough. Without super help, he and Dan really were no match for Jack and Jimmy.

"This is too much," Jack told Clark as he stared up at him when their game was over.

"It's not enough," Clark replied. "An investment, remember? Besides, when your band wins that showcase, he's gonna need that truck to haul your sorry butt to all your gigs." Clark wrapped an arm around Jack's neck and pulled him closer to rub his head. They wrestled for a moment before Jack reached out and hugged Clark. He drew back just as quickly as he'd grabbed him and walked away.

"Is that what you wanted, CK?" Jimmy asked him.

"Yeah. Thanks, guys," he told Jimmy and Dan.

Lois had watched from her chair and when Clark went toward the cooler for a drink, she got up to go speak to him. "That was priceless," she informed him. "But why didn't you tell me about it? I could have helped."

"The whole school thing came about just yesterday. And the truck- I bought it from Dan this morning. He asked me if I knew anyone that might want it. I'm sorry I excluded you."

"I'm not. Well, I am, but..." She turned around to look at Jack and Denny talking. "The look on his face and that hug..." She turned back and hugged Clark much the same way Jack had done.

Clark was left to watch her hurry inside. If he'd known something like that would affect her that way, he might have done it a long time ago.

"Clark?"

He turned to face Mayson. "I wanted to say I'm sorry I sprang that announcement the way I did. I should have spoken with you first."

"I thought we had gotten past the awkward stage."

She smiled at him. "We have."

"Good." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "I'm thrilled for you two."

"Yeah, well, I won't be able to relax until the kid is twenty."

That caused Clark to laugh out loud. "At least he or she will be clean."

"Very funny, Kent."

He and Mayson shared another laugh as they joined the others. Lois came back a few moments later and rejoined the group. After talking and sharing a few drinks, a dinner of leftovers was enjoyed under the canopy. They all went swimming and eventually the day came to an end. It had been a very good Father's Day as far as Clark was concerned. He would sleep soundly tonight, he thought as he carried one of his sleepy children in to bed.

After putting the kids to bed, Lois disappeared inside her room. A few moments later she was standing in Clark's doorway. "Clark?"

He looked around from dropping his glasses on his nightstand and smiled when he saw Lois. She'd already dressed for bed and was walking toward him slowly. She was also holding two gift wrapped boxes. "Hey, you. I thought you were beat."

"Yeah, well..." She shrugged as she stepped up in front of him. "I, ah, I have a couple of gifts... I would have given them to you earlier, but I wanted to share these privately." She held up the boxes.

"Lois, you didn't have to get me anything."

"Just sit down and open them," she ordered.

The look in her eyes told Clark she was worried about how he'd feel about the gifts. Whatever was in the boxes he was sure he'd be thrilled. He took the boxes while he held her gaze, then settled on the edge of the bed. Lois slowly sat down beside him as he took the top off the first box. Inside was a book. Opening it, he found it was a photo album. Inside were pictures of the twins, obviously taken when they were younger. His questioning eyes went up to meet hers.

"Sara was a good person," she explained. "She knew I'd need those even if I didn't at the time."

Clark's eyes went back to the book. There were a couple of a very pregnant Lois and even a sonogram shot. Other pictures progressed from what was obviously the day they were born up until the age Perry had been when he got her.

"I wish there were pictures of Collin when he was with Lucy. There might be somewhere. I'll have to ask her." Lois touched the edge of a page. "Do you like it?"

"I love it. Thank you."

"I went to the penthouse once," she told him. "I had these hidden. I was surprised they weren't found during the searches to find Lex's dirty secrets."

Clark remembered that night. She'd been upset, with him, among other things. He'd followed her, watched her from the shadows. He came to the end of the book and closed it. "Thank you," he told her again when he looked up at her.

"One more," she pointed out.

"I can't imagine you giving me anything I like more than the pictures," he said as he took the top off the other box. He lifted the papers inside and read for a second before his eyes filled with tears. "I was wrong," he croaked out. The papers were the revised *legal* birth certificates for his twins.

"Perry exists now," Lois said.

"Perry Ella Kent," Clark read.

"Collin Jerome Kent," Lois told him. "You don't know how hard this has been to keep from you. And I'm sorry I did, but Mayson called me Wednesday. I have a new legal status, too." Clark lifted his eyes to hers. "I am legally Lois Lane, single, unmarried. The judge ruled that because I was drugged and held against my will, the marriage, to either guise of that madman was illegal. At least in the states. The authority in Sydney recognized the union, but annulled it on grounds of mental instability of the groom. So, in every country in the world, I'm a legally free woman." She pointed to the papers. "Which allowed me to do that. I know we were supposed to discuss this with Mayson, but I figured you wouldn't mind if your children were yours and..." She stopped when Clark leaned over and kissed her.

She'd been off and running and Clark couldn't think of any other way to stop her. His hand lifted and held her face as he deepened what was meant to be a brief peck. But one touch was not enough and it was much too sweet not to linger a moment.

Lois sighed and lifted her hands to both sides of Clark's face. He tried to withdraw, but she deepened the kiss even further.

He moved the boxes to the bed so that he could bring his other hand over to her side. That caused her to break the kiss and draw away. Her wide eyes searched his and it broke his heart to see the fear and apprehension behind her dark orbs.

"Lois," he said softly. "It's just me. And just a kiss."

"On a bed," she said as she stood up. She hadn't meant to say it, but it slipped out.

"To me it's just a kiss anywhere," he insisted as he looked up at her, his expression begging her to understand. "A touch will never be anything you don't want it to be."

"And what if I want it to be more? Because I do. I want you to touch me whenever you want to, however you want to. And kiss me- you're a great kisser. At least I think you'd be a great kisser. The soft, gentle ones have been great." She threw her hands up in frustration. "I want one thing, but I feel something else. Well, I feel that, too, but at the same time..." She stopped and looked away.

Clark reached out and took one of her hands, gently tugging her toward him. "Just a touch," he said. She moved over to stand in front of him, between his legs. "I want to touch you." He held her gaze as he moved both hands out to her sides, right above her hips.

In their position, Lois had to look down just a bit. She moved her hands back up to hold his face. They stared at one another for a moment before she leaned forward to kiss him again. It was an undemanding touch and she drew back to look into his eyes again.

"Just a touch," he repeated. He flexed his hands on her sides, itching to move them down. She felt so good and his blood was starting to boil. But she was scared. He could hear her heart race. She was also determined. Slowly enough for her to adjust to what he was doing, he moved his hands to her hips. When she didn't try to stop him, he smoothed them further, onto the skin of her thighs below her shorts. She'd recently started wearing the sexiest little sleep shorts. If he didn't know better, he'd think she was deliberately trying to seduce him. Of course, all she had to do was look at him.

Her hands moved down to his neck, then over his shoulders. He was still wearing his muscle tee and the skin she could feel was warm, soft, inviting. Pure desire washed over her and she leaned forward to kiss him again. One touch, two, then she moaned and licked his lips. But before he could react, she pulled back quickly. His eyes were closed and he was breathing a little harder. He liked that, she thought as she watched him. His fingers tightened around her legs, and he sighed. He really likes it. Feeling braver from his reaction, she leaned back in for another kiss. She licked his lips three times, yet he never attempted to open his mouth and force his way into hers. He really does mean what he says, she decided.

She was the one to move her hands back up to his face and turn his head just enough so that he could open his mouth. His lips actually parted more on a sigh than anything and when they did, she probed forward with her tongue. A deep guttural moan escaped Clark's mouth and his hands moved back up. When they went around to grasp her rear, she shoved away from him. His hands dropped and his eyes opened.

"I'm sorry," he apologized.

"No, I am." She moved back within his personal space. "Just a touch."

"Yeah, but I could have found another place..." Her mouth was on his again. She asked for and received permission back into his mouth. Her hands made a searing path from his face to his neck, then his shoulders. She stopped abruptly, but didn't pull away. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"You're not touching me at all now." She studied his expression, deciding that he was safe. Clark would never hurt her. It was only fair to expect him to want to touch her, even her rear. "Please, Clark."

Hesitantly he put his hands back on her thighs, moving them to the backs so that he could pull her a bit closer to him. "You feel so good," he said softly. He stopped when his fingers felt the edge of her shorts at the top of her thighs. Clark's mind clouded once more when she kissed him again. Getting lost in the movement of her mouth on his, he brought a hand up to cup her cheek so that he could deepen the kiss the way he wanted to. He felt the brief hesitation, then she was pouring everything she had into it. Caught up in the moment, Clark's hand went back to her body, moving down her side and finally back around to her backside. She drew away from the kiss, but not out of his arms. His eyes bore into hers as he slowly moved both hands over her body, gently squeezing. She leaned her head over and placed it on his while she took several deep breaths to steady herself.

Clark's hands moved over her gently, warmly. They moved from her rear to her thighs and back again, up to her sides. Steadily moving, steadily building the heat in her body. She kissed him briefly, then leaned back to look at him. "I want to touch you."

Large hands gripped her hips and Clark shifted them. He was the one standing and she was sitting on the bed. His eyes stared into hers as his fingertips skimmed over her cheek. It took her a moment, but she finally reached out to place her hands on his hips. He stood a bit higher than her, which put his stomach almost right in front of her face. Her eyes flashed to the cloth covering what she knew to be perfectly sculpted abs. As much as she'd like to touch him there, she wasn't going to ask. She didn't know if she was feeling bold enough to allow him the same pleasure. Looking back up at him, her hands moved over his hips, down to his thighs. His lips met hers and she allowed her palms to smooth their way to the backs of his legs, up, over his butt. He moaned and she flexed her fingers. He had the best butt she'd ever touched.

Not that she'd touched many or even wanted to, but this one was fantastic. Of course, she knew that already. Had seen it anyway... under cloth. And had been pretty sure it would feel as good as it looked. But it felt better.

And she babbled even in her thoughts. She giggled and Clark leaned back to smile at her.

"What?"

"I babble when I think." His brows furrowed and she blushed. "I was thinking about how good you feel." And her hands smoothed over him again. "Very nice," she told him. Her eyes moved away from his, down, past his waist. And her hands stopped moving. Gulping hard, she stood up. "I think it's time to go to bed."

Clark reached out to grasp her sides. "Lois, it's just a touch. Yes, you affect me, but it's just a natural reaction. It doesn't mean I want to do anything more."

"You don't?" she asked surprised.

"Well, of course I do. Hell, I think I've wanted you from the first time I met you." He tugged gently when she looked as if she'd run. "That doesn't mean I expect anything. It doesn't mean I'm hoping for something more tonight. Yeah, I'd love to, anytime you felt you were ready. But *only* when you're ready."

Searching his eyes to make sure he was telling her the truth, she sighed and leaned over to lay her head on his chest. "I will be ready one day."

"I know." His hand threaded under her long hair and he gently massaged her neck. "Why don't we get some sleep?"

"Okay." She leaned back to look at him and grinned. "You *are* a great kisser."

"So are you," he said with a smile and leaned to give her a soft peck.

She drew away and backed toward the door. "Goodnight... Daddy."

"Goodnight," he said as she stepped out of the room. A deep sigh to collect himself when she was gone, he knew he wouldn't get a bit of sleep tonight. He could still feel her hot hands on his body. She had no idea what she did to him. He couldn't stop the reaction of his body if he tried. He hated that it made her feel uncomfortable.

Hell, he was terribly uncomfortable. He mentally kicked himself and reached down to pick up his gifts. Thank God he had something else to focus on so his body had time to calm. He turned off the lamp on his nightstand and settled in bed. Wow! he thought as he closed his eyes. Soon, he told himself. Soon she would be ready to put her complete trust in him. He just hoped he was up for the task of guarding her trust.

Lois woke in a cold sweat, again. She'd done so at least ten times in the last month. Since the night Clark first touched her and she touched him, he was nearly all she thought about.

They'd settled into a familiar routine of caring for the twins, working, and sharing a home together. They went on dates, alone and with the children. They shared dates at home, sitting alone and talking when the twins were sleeping. Family game nights became a popular pastime and so did heated kisses stolen throughout the day. They kissed one another, touched one another- a hand, an arm, shoulders, back, even legs, but they hadn't shared another night like the one on Father's Day. And Lois was beginning to itch to do so.

She threw her legs over the side of her bed and headed in the one direction she knew she could find solace. Frowning when she found Clark's bed empty, she looked toward his bathroom. But the door was open and the lights off. He must have gone out as Superman, she thought as she went downstairs to continue her search. A lot of times he'd grab something to eat after a rescue. Maybe he was in the kitchen. She found him lying on the couch in the den watching a ballgame on the large television they'd finally managed to purchase.

"Hey," she said when she stepped into the room.

"Hey," he answered and smiled at her. "What are you doing up?"

"Looking for you."

He smiled wider. She hadn't done that in a while and he was missing her horribly. He'd thought briefly a couple of times to go to her the way she did him, but decided against it. There was no way he'd make her uncomfortable if he could help it. It was bad enough his body instantly reacted when he thought about the night they spent touching one another so boldly for the first time. He hadn't spent so much time alone since he was a teenager. He was ashamed of how he'd begun to handle the unspent tension, but it was preferable to making her feel like he couldn't control himself.

She walked over and sat down across his thighs. "Can I make a confession?" she asked right away.

"Sounds serious." He struggled so that he was sitting up a little more against the arm.

"It is serious." She sighed and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Clark, the night we... well, on Father's Day- that was a huge step for me."

"I know." He reached out to touch her arm.

"And we've been touching and kissing regularly ever since. It's great, heated even. But..." She looked at him, her eyes darkening a bit with desire. "I want to touch you like that again."

"Lois, you can touch me like that anytime you want to."

"Clark, you know I'm not gonna walk up to you and say, 'hey, let's make out.'"

He chuckled softly as he realized what she meant. He hadn't tried to touch her like that either. Shifting so that he could sit up, he leaned to kiss her softly. "Never doubt that I want to touch you all the time. But you have to understand that being that close to you... turns me on."

"And it's hard," she said, more of a statement than a question.

"Yeah," he admitted. "It is hard. It's hard to walk away. Don't get me wrong. I will. Every time until you're completely ready for more."

"I know it's hard and I know it's unfair to ask you, but I think I need you to... be with me and walk away, so I'll know."

"Know that I'm willing to give and not take?" he asked. When she nodded, he cupped her cheek. He kissed her softly, then moved so that he was kneeling on the floor between her legs. "Do you trust me?" he asked as he reached out tentatively to place his hands on the tops of her thighs.

"Yes," she answered.

"Then relax. Lay your head back and give yourself to me."

She stared at him, unsure if she could that.

"Go on, baby. Relax." He stretched her arms out and smoothed his hands up both toward her shoulders. Up over her neck, he smiled when she laid her head back. He leaned forward to kiss her neck, then moved his lips down to her shoulder. She was wearing a tank top and her creamy skin begged for attention. "Relax," he repeated when he felt her tense. His hands moved to her sides just under her armpits, then down, barely skimming her sides. He went across, on to her hips, gently tugging so that she was sitting more on the edge of the cushions. He leaned up when she started to tremble. "Just a touch," he reminded her. "It's all just a touch," he said and smoothed his palms over her thighs, onto the bottom part of her legs. He reached down and touched her foot before making the path back up. When she seemed to melt into the couch, he moved his hands across her stomach. He hesitated briefly before going up further. When she opened her eyes and lifted her head to look at him, he moved his large hands up, covering her completely.

Before she could say or do anything, Clark leaned forward and kissed her. His hands hadn't moved, allowing her time to get used to the feel of him there. She was the one who moaned and wrapped her arms around him. He took that as incentive to continue, gently smoothing, giving her time to adjust- to draw away if she needed to. His mouth tore away from hers and he kissed down her neck again.

"You feel so good," he breathed. One of his hands went around her side, down her back, and in his excitement, he pulled her a bit closer. The movement brought her body up against his, causing him to moan.

Lois abruptly stopped kissing him and shoved him backwards. Clark's eyes focused on her instantly, watching her breathe heavily.

"Not tonight," he told her and reached out for her gently. "Don't push me away. I'm Clark. You know me." His hands ran down her arms, then back up to grasp her face. "I would never ever hurt you. Yes, my body responded. Yes, you felt good pressed against me. And yes, we can stop, but if we do, I'm going to hold you." He kissed her softly, then drew back to look at her. "Do you want to stop?"

"No." She eased up on the edge of the couch and pulled him back to her again.

Clark continued to stare at her while he moved his hands back to her hips, over her thighs, and back again. He gently kneaded, his fingers probed. He smiled when she sighed and dropped her head back in pleasure. He kissed her neck, eased her back against the cushions again. His lips moved down further.

"Oh," she breathed in surprise. Her eyes flew open and she reached out to grasp Clark's head. She didn't stop him though, just watched him kiss her over and over. So intent on what his mouth was doing, she didn't realize his fingers moved again.

He lifted his head and looked at her. "Just a touch," he whispered and pushed his hands further under her body. "You have a nice butt, too," he told her with a smile. But she didn't smile back. She was breathing heavily and she'd started to tremble. "Do you want me to stop?" She shook her head with determination. Clark's smile faded as he leaned back over to kiss her.

Suddenly Lois pushed him back and sat up. Her posture changed, the determination clearly evident. Her lips went back to his, causing him to moan when her tongue forced its way into his mouth.

Her movements grew bolder, more insistent. As she sat up and wrapped herself around him, he realized something was wrong. He tore his mouth away from hers and rested his head against hers. "Lois," he said softly to get her attention. Gently, he pulled her arms out from around his neck. When her questioning eyes opened and stared at him, he brought her hands up to kiss her knuckles. "You said you trust me."

"I do. But why did you stop?"

"Because you're doing this for the wrong reasons."

"What?"

"Just now. Something changed."

"Don't you want me?"

"Of course I do, but not because you feel like you've got to do it or just to get it over with. I want you to want me because you want *me*. I want you to want me because you want to make me feel good, because you want me to make you feel good."

Lois sagged back against the cushion, moving her arms to cover herself. She felt exposed now, embarrassed, after being so open with him.

Clark reached out to grasp her hands. "We can't make love completely until you learn to be comfortable with me. I want you too much to rush this." He watched as he trailed his fingers across her neck, her shoulder. "You're so beautiful," he told her as he leaned to kiss her.

"I'm..."

"Perfect," he countered between kisses.

"Yes," she told him. She liked his kisses, his touches, even if she was back to trembling. Her eyes flew open when he gripped the edges of her shirt.

"Tell me yes," he whispered, hovering just above her, his eyes boring into hers. He wanted to see her completely.

"Yes," she responded automatically. Unable to touch him, she gripped the cushions on the couch as he removed the material.

When she was uncovered, Clark could only stare. "Perfect," he repeated in a whisper. She'd closed her eyes, but the trust she had by allowing him to see her, blew him away. His eyes moved down her body and that's when he stopped. He moved to the side to allow the light from the TV to shine on her. "Lois, is this...?"

"Teeth marks," she replied, sighing heavily as she stared up at the ceiling. She'd been hoping the dim light was enough to hide the scar. But of course, Superman could see clearly in the dark.

"Oh, baby," he said softly, smoothing his fingers over the light mark. "Are you sure you're... okay now?"

She lifted her head to look at him. "What?"

"He didn't cause any permanent damage, did he?"

Paul had pronounced her healthy, but what if she wasn't? She hadn't felt like she was unwell in any way. "Maybe I should get a good check-up... by a doctor that's not a quack."

Clark smiled at her. "I didn't mean to..."

"I know," she said and brought her hand up to cup his cheek. "And just so you know, I have a couple of other scars. I'm pretty sure there's teeth prints on my butt..."

"On your...?" She nodded and he glanced down. "You're kidding?"

"No. Thankfully he didn't like... other kinds of... sex things," she said and turned her head in embarrassment. "I could imagine that would have hurt like hell."

"Yeah," Clark agreed automatically, glancing down without really meaning to. He'd rather look to make sure, but...

"I have scratch marks down my back," she said, cutting into his thoughts. "He liked to hear me beg him to stop."

"Damn," Clark breathed. He leaned over to kiss her, just to reassure her he cared that she'd suffered. "Just so you know, I'm not that kinky," he joked, hoping to make her smile.

She not only smiled, she laughed softly. "I don't know, Clark, begging might be fun with the right person." She wrapped her legs around his waist and pulled him closer.

He grunted and kissed her neck. "It might be," he said as his body registered the heat from hers. "This is too close," he said, but didn't pull away.

"I want you closer." His head came up so he could look at her. "Touch me, Clark," she whispered.

His eyes searched hers, trying to find any hesitation, any doubt, any indecision. He saw trepidation, but the determination and desire clouded it over heavily. Moving her to lie down, he leaned to kiss her while he continued to touch her, love her the only way he could.

And God how he loved her. He felt so strongly right then. He leaned up to gaze at her, but she turned her head.

"Don't look at me," she told him.

He remembered her saying Luthor liked to watch her. He leaned over and kissed her neck, sucked her earlobe into his mouth, and delved his tongue into the cavity. "You feel so good, Lois."

"You... what you're doing..." She completely released herself to him for a brief time, allowing him to touch her, kiss her, love her... It was so unfair to them both, but it was all she could offer right now. Was it enough?

Clark drew away from their kisses a few moments later and turned around to drop on the floor. He was the one shaking now, from the incredible tension in his powerful body. Lois rolled onto her side and wrapped an arm around his chest as she leaned up to kiss his neck.

"Clark," she breathed.

His hand came up to grasp her arm, and he turned his head enough to kiss her. "I love you," he told her when he broke the kiss. It was time she knew that, time he admitted it out loud.

That stopped her probing lips. Her eyes opened and she stared at him. "I, ah, I... What?" She knew he cared for her, knew he was attracted, but this was more than she imagined.

And it was too much to hope for. Did he mean it? Could he love her? With all of her faults? All of her insecurities?

Clark shifted just enough so he could see her. "I love you, Lois," he told her again. "You don't have to say anything back. I just wanted you to know."

She studied his expression for a second, clearly seeing the depths of his feelings behind his dark eyes. He meant every word. Her hand came up to cup his cheek as tears filled her eyes. "I love you, too, Clark," she whispered.

"Really?" he asked hopefully.

"I think I've loved you my whole life." She couldn't believe he'd doubt her feelings.

She couldn't believe her feelings. Never had she felt things like this for a man. This man had become part of her very being and the only way to describe it was love.

Clark smiled and kissed her again. "And because I love you, I'm going to help you put your shirt back on." He shifted onto his knees and helped her sit up. When the material fell back around her, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I knew men could be different, but..." She turned her head and kissed his neck. "Thank you."

"Thank you," he returned and squeezed gently. They drew apart and he held her hand as they made their way upstairs. He kissed her softly at her door and closed himself off in his bathroom. She'd given him a very special gift tonight, and while it was worth every second, his body was so tense he felt like he was going to explode. Touching her, seeing her, feeling her- it had worked him up to nearly explosive levels. He decided that when she finally trusted him enough to completely give herself over to him, it would be worth every second, every bit of tension and frustration, and every second he'd spent alone lately.

And just thinking about that day was enough to get his blood boiling again. He had to take a deep breath and shake his head to clear it. He was almost grateful when his hearing picked up a call for help.