Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 7, Part 8...

“Lara hates me,” Lois whispered.

“No, she doesn’t. Lara loves you.”

Lois’s bottom lip started to shake. “She loves you and she loves your Lois, because you can communicate with her. With me she just cries and cries.”

“All babies cry, Lois.”

“Clark, she cries every time your Lois hands her to me.” The tears fell in earnest.

“No, she doesn’t.”

Kal’s Lois turned her back to him. “Yes, she does, Clark. Please, leave me alone. I’m going to sleep.”

He ran his hand over her head. “Maybe you’ll feel better after you sleep.”

As he reached the door, her voice stopped him. “I miss him with every cell in my body.”

“I know.”

“Even without his extra abilities he was going to be the better parent. Now…” She paused. “You should have just let me die.”

Clark flew to her side, sitting next to her on the bed. “Don’t say that, Lois. Never say that. Clark loves you so much.”

“Maybe… until he finds out about us.” She reached out and touched his ‘S’ and then pulled her hand away. “He won’t ever forgive me for that.”

“It’s my fault. Blame me, if you tell him. You were drugged and suffering from Interdimensional Time…”

“Stop making excuses, Clark. I wanted you and I would have…” She sniffed. “Without excuses. I don’t deserve him. He has always loved me. Always. This will crush him. Without his love and Lara’s love, what’s the point in living?”

“Hush, Lois. Stop thinking like this, you’re making yourself sick. Kal loves you and he will always love you. If you choose to tell him and he doesn’t forgive you right away, send him to me. After he pummels me half to death, it will make him feel better.” He smiled. “And he’ll realize he won’t want to live without you.”

Lois placed her hand on his ‘S’ again. He covered her hand with his and ran his other hand down her cheek, cupping her jaw. She looked up into his eyes, then pulled her hand away. “Please, don’t dress as Superman around me, Clark. Please. I can’t see him anymore.” She turned away from him. “Leave now.”
Please leave feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 08:44 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Glad that Lois survived - though many us of know how challenging that transition to motherhood can be.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
After everything she's gone through, postpartum depression? Ouch. mecry

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan & Dandello: Yes, hard times for canon Lois ahead. Depression, especially post-partum isn't something that's cured with the flip of a switch.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“It took me twice as long to fly here as it did with me carrying him.”
She’s really out of it, then.

Lois’s chest arched upward as the blood finally reached her heart. Then she started to twitch slowly at first, then more and more violently from head to foot. Ultra Woman stood up and walked to Clark. They just stood there and watched. The twitching slowed as Lois started to float.
Ooooooooh!

Clark smiled at Ultra Woman as he held Lois to the table. “Powerful juice you’ve got there, honey.”
Well, Lois Lane, superpowered. What ya expect?

Ultra Woman kissed his cheek and picked up Lara, cooing softly to the baby. “Who loves little Lara? Mama loves little Lara.”
Awwwww… and poor baby. Can you imagine if she would actually feel two Mommies and two Daddies?

Never go through this again, huh? Wait ‘til he got a taste of being a Grandpa.
Where is that reference from?

“It isn’t good for the baby,” Ultra Woman said from the other side of the room where she was floating lightly with Lara.

“She’s not pregnant anymore,” Clark reminded her.

Ultra Woman rolled her eyes. “Mother’s milk.”
goofy The Curse would probably need to go get a consultant on figuring out whether Replacement-Lois would suffer consequences when she got back. And the solution would be… Everyone thinks Lex got her pregnant?

Suddenly, a woman in a maroon bikini ran past, clearing all those thoughts from his head. She was so beautiful.
Why did she go to the trees to hide?

“It’s okay, Clark. I didn’t forget.” She raised her brows up and down with a grin.
Oh, she got a surprise out?

Clark flew into the apartment carrying a woman with long grey hair tied up in a bun, who held on to him for dear life.
confused Ellen?

She had never flown before, even in an airplane.
Doesn’t sound right, though.

“Ultra meet Manni. Manni, Ultra.”
Huh.

Lois still lay in bed. Her eyes, although red and puffy from crying, had an emptiness in them that scared Clark. Lara lay next to her, crying.
confused

Manni tsk-tsked him, taking Lara. She handed the baby to Ultra Woman and grabbed a baby blanket from the pile next to the changing table. She spread it out on the bed, and taking Lara back, swaddled her so fast and tight he wondered if she had super powers. The swaddling stunned Lara into silence.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave

Well, Lois Lane, superpowered. What ya expect?
Tomato juice?

Awwwww… and poor baby. Can you imagine if she would actually feel two Mommies and two Daddies?
Gee, twice as many people to love and adore you. Sounds like a rough life.

Where is that reference from?
Missing Lois?

Did Ultra Woman speed read Lois’s baby books?
Duh! You think she'd let a baby into her apartment without reading the owner's manuel first?

What if Ultra Woman won’t want to give her up? And would Superman then also be allowed to keep his second Lois?
Gee, yeah, what if? huh And no. laugh

/imagines late-teen Lara throwing a tantrum and stuffing a duffelbag into the timemachine/ “Fine, if you don’t let me go the Elvis-Revival concert, I’m going to watch him live!”
Sounds probable.

The Curse would probably need to go get a consultant on figuring out whether Replacement-Lois would suffer consequences when she got back. And the solution would be… Everyone thinks Lex got her pregnant?
Not "curse" ramifications, time-line ramifications.

Why did she go to the trees to hide?
Her birth control doesn't come in a pill.

Ellen?
Ellen? Grey hair? Ellen is who they would go to for mothering advice? Ellen who abandoned one daughter and ran off with a plastic surgeon with the other? That Ellen? Uh... No.

After all, why should he get to have all the fun alone?
That's right.

Oooooh! So, they get to play with Lex Jr? /imagines Ultra Woman in Lois’s place during the Luckabee arc. Ooooooh!
Michael now knows what story he'll write for Valentine's Day.

Oh dear. He’s not Daddy!
He's the closest thing she's got.

Oh boy. They can’t catch a break, can they?
That would be a 'nope.'

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Gee, twice as many people to love and adore you. Sounds like a rough life.
So, good thing strabismus has not been observed with telepathic receptors in brain?

Duh! You think she'd let a baby into her apartment without reading the owner's manuel first?
clap

Her birth control doesn't come in a pill.
Okay. Thought so. But... well... you know...

Ellen? Grey hair? Ellen is who they would go to for mothering advice? Ellen who abandoned one daughter and ran off with a plastic surgeon with the other? That Ellen? Uh... No.
Hey, I knew it sounded farfetched. But he *is* Clark.

Michael now knows what story he'll write for Valentine's Day.
Michael already has half-finished Valentine's story from last year that has to be finished in the next 39 days.

That would be a 'nope.'
Bad author. Bad.
wink
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
“You know this plan you and Mr. Wells hatched was way too complicated.”
RIGHT?!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
“You know this plan you and Mr. Wells hatched was way too complicated.”
RIGHT?!
<<innocently shrugs>> Blame the characters. I just wrote what they whispered in my ear. wink

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard