Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 7, Part 8...

“Lara hates me,” Lois whispered.

“No, she doesn’t. Lara loves you.”

Lois’s bottom lip started to shake. “She loves you and she loves your Lois, because you can communicate with her. With me she just cries and cries.”

“All babies cry, Lois.”

“Clark, she cries every time your Lois hands her to me.” The tears fell in earnest.

“No, she doesn’t.”

Kal’s Lois turned her back to him. “Yes, she does, Clark. Please, leave me alone. I’m going to sleep.”

He ran his hand over her head. “Maybe you’ll feel better after you sleep.”

As he reached the door, her voice stopped him. “I miss him with every cell in my body.”

“I know.”

“Even without his extra abilities he was going to be the better parent. Now…” She paused. “You should have just let me die.”

Clark flew to her side, sitting next to her on the bed. “Don’t say that, Lois. Never say that. Clark loves you so much.”

“Maybe… until he finds out about us.” She reached out and touched his ‘S’ and then pulled her hand away. “He won’t ever forgive me for that.”

“It’s my fault. Blame me, if you tell him. You were drugged and suffering from Interdimensional Time…”

“Stop making excuses, Clark. I wanted you and I would have…” She sniffed. “Without excuses. I don’t deserve him. He has always loved me. Always. This will crush him. Without his love and Lara’s love, what’s the point in living?”

“Hush, Lois. Stop thinking like this, you’re making yourself sick. Kal loves you and he will always love you. If you choose to tell him and he doesn’t forgive you right away, send him to me. After he pummels me half to death, it will make him feel better.” He smiled. “And he’ll realize he won’t want to live without you.”

Lois placed her hand on his ‘S’ again. He covered her hand with his and ran his other hand down her cheek, cupping her jaw. She looked up into his eyes, then pulled her hand away. “Please, don’t dress as Superman around me, Clark. Please. I can’t see him anymore.” She turned away from him. “Leave now.”
Please leave feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 08:44 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.