Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Still with you L, though I have to say this is a bit short for such a long wait in between. I hope if you are inclined to post short chapters you will post them faster. I feel their frustration all around. I am looking forward to some real meat in this story soon. I know it is coming but I hope it is sooner rather then later. Hanging in there. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by Laurach:
Still with you L, though I have to say this is a bit short for such a long wait in between. I hope if you are inclined to post short chapters you will post them faster. I feel their frustration all around. I am looking forward to some real meat in this story soon. I know it is coming but I hope it is sooner rather then later. Hanging in there. Laura
i post as soon as i write ... sorry the pace is slow.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, another part!

both men reminded her of Kal-El now more than ever. Every fiber of her being was poised to flee. Her breathing had become labored as she fought to restrain the impending encroachment of panic.
No doubt she has the worst PTSD in the universe. In two universes.

“You’ll have to test your efforts, you know,” she retorted. “You can’t just rely on those who know him - you’ll have to- some of his former victims will have to assess how believable you are.”
That will be hard for both Kent and Clark. They'll definitely have to think of this as an acting job, one where they "get in character" to play the evil Clone-El. I hope they can think of it that way, and not as something that is inherent in them because of their Kryptonian-ness or their Clarkness. (if you know what I mean.)

“This mission is truly life or death - you know this world's Lois will insist on seeing you – perform.”
Yep, it's going to have to be an acting job. But hey, Kent plays two different roles every day - Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter, and Superman, powerful but benignant space alien. So playing the role of Clone-El could be just another job for him. Maybe that's how he should look at it.

Clark, of course, having been "outed" as Superman by Tempus, doesn't have that daily acting experience any more. And he wasn't Superman for very long before his disguise was tattered. So I'm a little worried that he might not have the acting chops to play this role. OTOH, he has the most at stake in this fight - it's his Lois who was most affected.

“The idea that you both are witnessing his abuse of other women makes me feel violated as though you're seeing what he did to me. Logically I know I've got no reason to be ashamed, but I am ashamed... and I'm so scared that someone will slip in a memory of my abuse. I'm sure Zara is one of the people sharing her memories – and she saw a lot of what I went through.”
A very important paragraph. It's so true. Abuse victims often blame themselves. Lois knows intellectually that she shouldn't, but deep down, she's still not sure that somehow she herself wasn't to blame somehow. Her thinking is still messed up, despite therapy and being married to alt-Clark.

Both men flinched at her use of the word ‘them’ - they were ‘them’ when it came right down to it. Aliens. Off-worlders. Interlopers. Invaders.
And of course this pushes both Clarks' buttons.

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Io. thanks!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Lois - we never saw anything involving you.”
wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard