Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! More! thumbsup

Pat said: Regardless of how much trouble she was in, the brain never stopped for a second. She would have never figured it out if she had been a mere mortal like the rest of us. That's why I have Clark pointing out that he fell in love with her because she was Lois. She has an extra gear of determination (I think). A sequel? Um... next question?

Joy – You went back and reread the darn thing? Golly! Here's an extra hug for all that effort. Thanks for sticking with me all the way through (and then some).

Phyrry – Thanks! It thrills me to have lured someone out of lurkerdom to comment. smile That "awkward stage" is my absolute favorite. There are so many ways she can find out/he can tell her.

Kristen – And I was so excited to see you leave feedback! You also get extra points for reading the whole darn thing again. Thank you so much for your kind words on characterization and dialogue. blush I'm betting those episodes you cringed at were in the third or fourth season. After Deborah Joy Levine left, the show (to me) went downhill fast. I base my characterizations on her version of the characters. Her vision of L/C is what made me fall in love with the show to begin with.

Joan – Thanks! It really does mean so much to me to see the same people coming back on each part of the story. I'm glad you liked the story.

Steph! – As always, I just want to grope you. <g> It's not canon that Clark knew who she was before coming to the Planet, but it makes sense to me that he did. It's a world-class newspaper, she's his age and she's already won two major journalism awards. laugh His rules are never explicitly stated, but he had to have had some (especially since we see him more than once freaking about crossing lines/causing harm).

Ken – Thanks! WAFF makes the world go 'round. smile

Jen! – What, no update on how many times you moved while I delayed for months in posting the story?!? :p I'll join you in the basking (only mine is because it's finally freakin' finished and I can cross it off my conscience).

Virginia said: Yes, Lois, for weeks now I haven't been trying to tell you I'm Superman, but that I'm a virgin. That first one isn't that important. That is the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks (again!), Michael! dance Yay! You might be relieved to know that there are some short (or shorter) stories on the archive. laugh

Thanks again to everyone whose left feedback. It means a lot to me to have kept you all entertained. Especially when I left you all hanging for months. I apologize fervently for that and promise to try never to do it in the future. Hugs for everyone! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh Sue!
What a great story! I have missed your writing. With your flowing style, it is so easy to see Lois as she plans how to get out of that train car. Her suborn persistence, even when she realizes she is going the wrong direction, is classic. And Clark's thought process is heart wrenching as he spirals into depression as the hours tick by with no sign of Lois.

I also enjoy how you have Lois remembering her times with Clark where we see him –so- wanting to tell Lois the truth but being afraid. So he leaves all of these clues that Lois finally puts together. Fun Stuff!

Now, you hinted that you were willing to take our two heroes to the N-side. You write such beautiful interaction between Lois and Clark. If this current crew of “Sue Fans” has not read your writing before or your Nfic, run, don’t walk, to the achieves on the G or the Nfic side and read any of Sue’s stories. They are just SUPER!

I’ll be watching on the N-side.
Write on Sue!
Anne

Kerth
Kerth
Thanks, Anne! I've missed hearing from you, too. laugh I'm glad you liked the story. Thanks, also, for the kind words about my other stories. blush You've given me a much-appreciated shot of encouragement. jump

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hey, I had to pop in here to comment on Sue's posting the much-awaited last chapter of her latest fic! smile

I have to start by repeating what Sue said in her previous chapter:

There could only be one reason Clark would go that far - he loved her. Telling her his secret was far more binding than any declaration of love. Telling her meant he saw them together forever.
Exactly! That's why, in the movie Superman II, the relationship between Lois and Superman was over when he took her memory of his identity (and their lovemaking) away. And that's why Clark proposed to Lois in the comics without telling her his secret. If Lois doesn't know who Clark is, then Clark isn't fully committed to her.

On the other hand, what if Clark really is fully committed to her? How scary is that, knowing that about Clark? About Superman? About Clark, who is also Superman?

"I'm f, f, fine," she choked out in a shaky stutter. Her numb fingers let go of the tattered blanket she'd been carrying and it dropped to the ground, puddling around her ankles.

"Are you cold? You're shaking." He gently rubbed her shoulders, as if to warm her up.

"Am I?" Lois started to pat the 'S' but then stopped herself, feeling suddenly self-conscious to be touching him. "I can’t believe you’re here. I can't believe it's really you."
Love that portrait of Lois's numbness, of her unawareness of so many things - I don't remember, is she wearing clothes, or how much does she reveal when she is dropping that blanket? - her instinctive need to be close to Clark, and then her self-consciousness about touching his 'S'. She wants to be close to Clark, and the touching of his 'S' reminds her, I think, of everthing that has to be worked through between them yet, before there can be normalcy between them. Normalcy and love.

But Clark isn't worried.

He gave her one of his most dazzling smiles. "You had to know I was looking for you."

"I did. I knew you would. I've been watching the sky and – wow – here you are. Gosh, look at you." She peered up at him, feeling like she was seeing him clearly for the first time ever. Gone was the aloof mask of Superman, replaced by an expression of joy and relief that he wasn't even trying to hide. He was unshaven; his cheeks and chin were dark with stubble. His hair looked like it hadn't been combed in a couple of days. Had he really been flying around Metropolis looking like this?

He lowered his head, touching his forehead to hers. "I thought I'd lost you forever," he whispered.
The aloof mask of Superman is gone, indeed. Because now he is fully committed to her, and he has no more secrets from her. But what can she say to this super man when he is offering her his cornucopia of love, holding back nothing?

His thumb brushed over her cheek, a feather-light caress that belied the strength his hand possessed. "Lois, I--. I know this is probably not the best time, but I really need to tell you something."

Her heart seemed to stutter in her chest as she realized what he was going to say; how completely he was about to trust her. She opened her mouth to tell him that she already knew but his eyes were so dark and serious that she was transfixed into silence.
He's going to tell her! Now!

"I--, uh. I tried to tell you this before, but it just never seemed to work out." His hands dropped from her face as he swallowed hard. "I've never told anyone this before..."

"Really?" she blurted out in astonishment. "No one? Ever?"

He paused and his eyebrows knit together in confusion. "What?"

"Your parents know, though, right?"
And she is so excited that she can't wait for him to finish! How typical of her! Ah, but it's just as well she couldn't keep quiet, because we all know that Clark can find sudden reasons not to tell Lois his secret even if he had planned to, not right at this moment!

"My parents?" he echoed. He took a step backward, running one hand nervously through his hair. "My parents, uh--."

"I'm sorry! Clark, I'm so sorry." Lois covered her mouth with one hand but couldn't seem to stop herself from talking. "I didn't mean to interrupt. Go on with what you were—oh. Oh gosh. Sorry." She sputtered into speechlessness as she realized she had inadvertently said his name.
She said his name! Aww! hyper sloppy

Ann

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Sue,

I just read this on the archive and loved it. And the ending? Perfection.

“Never sleep with someone you work with.”

“I’m about to break that one,” she confessed.

Clark stood up, cradling her in his arms. “Yes. You definitely are.”

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard