#81284 08/13/11 02:55 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/makes nice, soft landing spot for FDK/

Michael, back later with said FDK

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Wow. Clark is delightful when he's trying to resist temptation...and when he stops trying laugh . You capture this beautifully. And I love when he manages to throw Lois off balance even in the middle of desperately trying to regain his own. More please? To quote Lois... "More"...

And I'm so glad to hear there's another story in the works.

This was so worth the wait!!!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Well worth the wait.

Brava! clap clap clap

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, well worth the wait indeed! So many great little moments! I'd have to nearly quote half the story to mention all of them... but some of my favs... the whole teddy thing--and so many other little moments... But mostly how you got their characters right on the nail. This response from Clark is a classic example:
"But you didn't really answer my question. Why me?"

"You're Lois Lane," he said like that could explain everything.
And surely it does explain it all. laugh

And typical Lois:
He loved her! Lois had known he did; known that he had to, but it was still thrilling to actually hear him say the words.

"I--." Once again, her lips just wouldn't form the words that her entire being was practically shouting. All she had to do now was repeat the words back to him, but she couldn't do it. Instead her hands started to shake and a cold sweat broke out on her skin.

"I--," she tried again and, finally, words poured out of her. "I wish I would have had some gloves, you know? I got lots of splinters and, uh, I think I still have a few I couldn't get out."
Humorous and sweet--as it lead to Clark helping with those pesky splinters and Lois eventually saying what was in her heart. thumbsup

And then the cataloging of the rules at the end--loved it!
I need to go back and read the whole story again, though I remembered bits from some of the references in this part. Anyway, so glad to finally get closure on this story--even if it's sad to see it end!

Thanks for a great tale, Sue!! clap clap clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Ahhhhhh! Sue, I was super excited to see this posted this morning. Thanks so much for giving us the ending, it's perfect.

"Never sleep with someone you work with." He kissed her neck and Lois couldn't help her reaction at the sensation. Clark knew her so well. He always found that exact spot that sent a rush of heat through her and made her laugh at the same time.

"I'm about to break that one," she confessed.

Clark stood up, cradling her in his arms. "Yes. You definitely are."

Just love this!! I love the way you write the banter between them. Clever and sexy.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

"Are you okay?" he asked, smoothing her hair back so he could see her face. "Did he hurt you?"
Poor Clark. Even now...

Had he really been flying around Metropolis looking like this?
And how's she going to spin this in the next article?

How much more devastated would she have been if Corben had told her that Clark was dead?
She going to hug him tighter?

"Lois, I--. I know this is probably not the best time, but I really need to tell you something."

Her heart seemed to stutter in her chest as she realized what he was going to say; how completely he was about to trust her. She opened her mouth to tell him that she already knew but his eyes were so dark and serious that she was transfixed into silence.
"I found Mayson while scoring the woods! She's alive, can you believe it? And she wants to marry me! I've never been happier in my entire life."
*scnr*

"I--, uh. I tried to tell you this before, but it just never seemed to work out." His hands dropped from her face as he swallowed hard. "I've never told anyone this before..."

"Really?" she blurted out in astonishment. "No one? Ever?"

He paused and his eyebrows knit together in confusion. "What?"

"Your parents know, though, right?"

"My parents?" he echoed. He took a step backward, running one hand nervously through his hair.
"My parents, uh-- they suspect, I guess. But never broached the subject." Clark took a deep breath, his cheeks scarlet. "So, how did you figure out I'm a virgin?"

"I'm sorry! Clark, I'm so sorry."
clap

Clark froze, staring at her in stunned silence as all color seemed to leave his face. After a few seconds he cleared his throat and quietly asked, "How long have you known?"
Did she play with me? Am I only the Flying Wonder to her? What does that mean for us?

"How angry are you?"
She doesn't look angry, does she?

"You think I'm angry?" She stared at him, aghast that he would think she'd be that petty.
Now she might be angry.

"Wow," she murmured, still taken aback. A flicker of anger shot through her that he could misjudge her so completely.
See?

"Give me some credit! Not everything is a story to me! I mean, yeah, sure, when we first met Superman was more of a story than a friend. But I would never have exposed you just because I could. At least, I don't think I would have. Did you think I would?"
Hey, he's not thinking about the story. He's thinking about the lies. It's really marvelous how our own expectations and impulses guide our perception of others, isn't it?

"You trusted me first." His eyes opened, looking deeply into hers. "Once I realized that, I couldn't lie to you anymore."
That's novel.

"With you." He smiled at her. "Just you. You stopped putting up walls whenever we were alone together and you would just be you. Did you really not recognize that you were doing that?"
Awwwwwww...

"Nuclear disarmament." Lois smacked the 'S' lightly in mock-irritation. "What in the world were you thinking, throwing the phrase game for me?"
I'd thought the flirting. But then, it's been a while blush

"Oh," she whispered as a surge of disappointment shot through her. It had been much more exciting when she thought that Superman had compromised his principles solely for her. "Well… thanks for choosing me to flirt with instead of Sam Price."
Poor Lois. And *bad* Clark, for making her feel *not* special.

"I promised you I was going to tell you everything the next time I saw you."
Well, he's always been a bit muttonheaded.

"That's how you knew which side of the bed I sleep on? Just how many times have you been outside my bedroom window?"
Uh-oh.

"I check on you sometimes -- but only if I'm near your neighborhood. I'll fly past and listen for you. I only peek inside if you leave the blinds open. I swear it's not like I hover out there and watch you sleep or anything. It's just a glance."
clap

Sue, you definitely wrapped this one up perfectly clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Definitely worth the wait!

Thanks for *finally* posting, Sue!!!! This so made my evening (or whole weekend rather) clap clap clap

smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful. Very well done. Loved the ending. Bravo! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. I agree with everyone else that it was worth the wait but I'm afraid that will encourage you to torture us again, I plan on re-reading the entire thing in the next couple of days.

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
Time to do the feedback dance! dance

One of the biggest worries I had about this story was the number of times I had to abandon it because of RL issues. And yet you guys stuck with me and nudged me along. I'm very grateful for that. dizzy Thank you for picking out some of my favorite moments to highlight.

Jackie - The ending was what I agonized over (and over and over and over…). Poor Brenda must have read at least four or five different endings over the past few months. I'm ecstatic that this one worked for you. Thank you!

Michael, Michael, Michael - OMG! I don't know where to start! I laughed so, so hard at the alternate version of their reunion. I'm going to have to wait to read through it before archiving it, just so I don't wander into snarky directions every time either character is being earnest and/or withholding what they were actually meaning to say. :p (Most especially the "big reveal" being his virginity. /wipes away tears "Do your parents know?" Bwaaaaaa!)
But then again, you do have a way with his heatvision applied to Lois's appendages, don't you
Hey, I blame the show. If he'd never used the heat vision to, uh, let's say "warm her feet" in "Sex, Lies and Videotape", I never would have started to wonder what else he could do with it besides burn holes through metal. Seriously - at what point did Clark start practicing his ability to use the precise amount of heat and timing to be able to toast Lois' toes (and other bits)? Were any animals harmed in the process? Fence posts? Desks? It's one of those imponderables that occasionally creeps in to preoccupy me when I'm stuck in traffic or bored in a meeting. confused

But I digress. smile My thanks again to everyone for sticking with me. I love you all! sloppy

ETA: Upon further reflection, I remembered that he also used his heat vision in "We Have A Lot To Talk About" to dry her off. But that just doesn't have the same sticks-in-your-mind quality as "You missed"/"No, I didn't". That scene makes me blush and say "Golly!" every freakin' time. blush

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush Umm... yes my mind keeps wandering on occasion wink

Desks? It's one of those imponderables that occasionally creeps in to preoccupy me when I'm stuck in traffic or bored in a meeting.
/directs attention of Muse towards shiny object dangling from ceiling/

Hey, I blame the show. If he'd never used the heat vision to, uh, let's say "warm her feet" in "Sex, Lies and Videotape",
blush blush I actually sort of not thought about this one for a long time now. I only ever remember the scene it inspired blush

ETA: Upon further reflection, I remembered that he also used his heat vision in "We Have A Lot To Talk About" to dry her off. But that just doesn't have the same sticks-in-your-mind quality as "You missed"/"No, I didn't".
/mutters and shoos pink elephant out of the room/

Glad I could make you laugh.

Michael wave

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a great pre/post revelation story. It was warm and so Lois. Regardless of how much trouble she was in, the brain never stopped for a second. She would have never figured it out if she had been a mere mortal like the rest of us.

Great story, Sue. It begs for a sequel. (Just a kindly suggestion.)

Pat

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
//happy sigh!!//

I enjoyed this thoroughly.

i had almost forgotten about this one and was thrilled to go back to reread the earlier chapters. This is a great ending to a great story. Well done!

P
Blogger
Blogger
P
Yay! They're so adorably awkward. I remember that stage fondly. blush

Now I will have to go back and reread the whole thing when I have a little more time. Thank you so much for finishing this. clap

Columnist
Columnist
Sue! You have no idea how excited I was to check the boards today and see this posted!

I was also excited that it turned out to be a slow day at work. I decided to re-read the entire story before reading the last part. I think I like your characterizations and dialogue best out of all the stories I've read. smile1

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great revelation and a wonderful ending to the story.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Wonderful fic Sue! I really love this sexually confident Clark and a reasonable Lois (after finding out the secret). Some things I liked that were not part of the canon (at least not that I remember)

- that Clark knew of Lois Lane before he came to Metropolis
- Clark's rules

And I loved your depiction of Lois having a disguise that she let Clark in on. So sweet!

You have a way of making non n-fic stories so sensual! Thanks for completing it!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderfully WAFFY ending! Loved it.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy Toledo, you finished!

I loved it.

I'm just going to lay back and bask in the happily ever after.

Jen
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay. Another late night for me reading Sue-Fic. This time I can't blame Michael. OK. I can blame Michael because he recommended you the first time. But I digress.

I'm sorry I didn't FDK more than a couple of times, but I got sucked in again. smile1

I love that Clark/Superman got so worried about Lois that he forgot to shave and even appeared out in public as an unshavened Superman. That he let his public appearance go, because he was thinking more about Lois than himself. That really showed how much Clark dance

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard