Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
As always, all comments welcomed.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh

By any chance were you one of the writers for the show before it was cancelled? wink

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol Hmmm. Maybe we shouldn't let go on vacation afterall. laugh Just joking.

Lots of fun. No! Please no S5 amnesia, but I can so totally see the reannimated Lex clone happening.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
clap

smile

Kerth
Kerth
clap

As much as no one would want to see this actually happen in the show... I really think it would be funny to read! I actually am here trying to convince you to write this- I love amnesiac Clark, and everyone else losing their memory would just be the icing on the cake!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So apropos!! Love it! But not that I'd like to see all of them with amnesia, but I guess Clark did get his back. But I'm with whoever said that they loved Clark with amnesia, as I do, too. smile1 Lots of fun.

EvelynC
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
So there I was with the rare luxury of free time in the middle of the day. I wanted something quick to read while I ate lunch at my desk. Your story? Much, much more satisfying than a chicken salad sandwich! thumbsup

I laughed out loud (but luckily without food or drink in my mouth) when I read this:
(Or is 'a soul-less clone of Lex' a redundancy?)
It was all giggles from there on out. Thank you, Lynn, for entertaining me so thoroughly. You were the bright spot in otherwise hectic day. notworthy

Michael - Bwwaaaaaa! lol

ETA:
But I'm with whoever said that they loved Clark with amnesia, as I do, too.
Is that "I love Clark when he has amnesia"? After all, who wouldn't want to take the poor thing home and try to help him? Or is that "I love Clark even when I have amnesia"? In which case, I'm sure I'd retain some core spark of attraction even if I couldn't remember anything else. :p

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So hilarious! Love it!! laugh
Sue wrote:
Is that "I love Clark when he has amnesia"? After all, who wouldn't want to take the poor thing home and try to help him? Or is that "I love Clark even when I have amnesia"? In which case, I'm sure I'd retain some core spark of attraction even if I couldn't remember anything else.
I certainly meant the first meaning, as of course who could resist helping him out; irresistible, I think. blush

EvelynC
Kerth
Kerth
I certainly meant the first meaning,
Oh, Evelyn, I knew that. wink I just couldn't stop myself from playing with the words.

as of course who could resist helping him out; irresistible, I think.
Suddenly I'm picturing a life-sized mousetrap with a befuddled Clark as bait. drool I'd still chance it. It would be worth a broken limb (or two).

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
By any chance were you one of the writers for the show before it was cancelled?
I'll never admit it! wink

Virginia, I think that seeing my summer break drawing to an end has brought on a case of the sillies. I have another silly story in mind, but I am having trouble finding the appropriate POV(s). This is the first time my muse ever gave me a second plot before I wrote up the first.

DW, glad you liked it. I am always nervous about posting something like this. Comedy writing is risky to begin with, but writing a so-bad-it's-funny type of story is doubly so. I'm always nervous that it might just wind up being so-bad-it's-awful instead. (I felt the same jitters about my story The First Fanfic , but at least with that one, it was just the story-within-the-story that was deliberately abysmal.)

Mouserocks, if you want to write up the script, be my guest! I found writing the plot synopsis to be painfully amusing, but I fear that writing the script would be just plain painful.

EvelynC, Dean Cain does do an excellent bewildered-Clark. But I feel too sorry for amnesiac Clark to enjoy his lost puppy dog look. Still, I'm not such a softy that I won't give him amnesia if it serves the story I want to tell. (Uh oh. Does that make me as bad as Luthor? wink )

Michael, I agree with what was said in another thread -- your posts should come with spew warnings. It was even more amusing because I had considered trying to work a ghost and/or another love interest for Lois or Clark into the story, but decided that:

• I didn't see an easy way to do so without making this story too long to sustain its humour.
  • I really didn't want to torture myself by spending a lot of time thinking about and writing this story.

I love your idea of combining the ghost and the love interest, and throwing in a breakup 'for Lois' own good' into the mix, to boot. Ugh! The worst of the worst.

Sue, I'm happy that my fit of silly madness -- or was it a fit of mad silliness? -- made your day a little brighter. And I'm pleased that you cited the redundancy aside. It was my favourite gag in the story.

Thanks to all who have left me feedback. smile

Joy,
Lynn

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Bwahahaha!
dizzy

Thanks for the laugh.
B

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
BJ, rotflol You're right. I did completely forget about freezing Lois and about Lex's offspring. (On a more serious note, has any fanfic been written in which Lex actually interacts with any of his offspring-- either when they were young or when they were adults?)

Hmmm... I'm beginning to think an entire season five could have been written simply by re-recycling (sic) plot lines.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael, I agree with what was said in another thread -- your posts should come with spew warnings.
Of course, this would also add lot's pressure wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard