#81039 08/03/11 07:38 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Comments welcome! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting predicament.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Interesting predicament.
Thanks for sticking with this so far!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
This is getting pretty dangerous, what with the thief having to complete his task, Lois, Xena, and Gabrielle having to disguise themselves well enough not to be recognized by the most powerful leader in the world, and Clark in chains and about to be forced to fight and kill or die for entertainment.

Great job showing Lois's distress over Clark's captivity and danger. And mentioning her current health concern--I was hoping that was what she wanted to tell Clark before they were brought here by Tempus! Can I dare to hope that she's pregnant? I just hope nothing happens to the baby while they're here. I don't think riding would be dangerous if she's fairly early in her term, would it? And she can't be that far along or surely Clark would have picked up the heartbeat.

Anyway, I hope to see Clark next chapter. There's still quite a few chapters left, so I'm sure that the worst has yet to come. Tempus, after all, is still hard at work. frown

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
This is getting pretty dangerous, what with the thief having to complete his task, Lois, Xena, and Gabrielle having to disguise themselves well enough not to be recognized by the most powerful leader in the world, and Clark in chains and about to be forced to fight and kill or die for entertainment.

Great job showing Lois's distress over Clark's captivity and danger. And mentioning her current health concern--I was hoping that was what she wanted to tell Clark before they were brought here by Tempus! Can I dare to hope that she's pregnant? I just hope nothing happens to the baby while they're here. I don't think riding would be dangerous if she's fairly early in her term, would it? And she can't be that far along or surely Clark would have picked up the heartbeat.

Anyway, I hope to see Clark next chapter. There's still quite a few chapters left, so I'm sure that the worst has yet to come. Tempus, after all, is still hard at work. frown
Hiya Anti-K!

Yup, things are definitely getting more dangerous for our heroes. Luckily for Gabrielle, Caesar doesn't know who she is yet (she meets him for the first time in season 3, which hasn't happened yet in this story). But keeping Xena secret is where the challenge will lay. laugh And Autolycus isn't the King of Theives just because he can whistle. wink

Good guess on Lois' health concern. But I'm not telling you if you are right or not. You'll find out by the end of the story though. laugh

So, you want to see Clark in the next chapter? Your wish is my command. laugh

Things are going to get worse quite quickly actually.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love what you are doing with this story. I can just see Bruce Campbell riding off!

There is no way he can do that on Burn Notice!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy cow - Clark in chains? Are we going to see things from his POV at all in this fic?

and P.S. I love Bruce Campbell, ever since I saw him in "Army of Darkness". He has that great mixture of seriousness and camp.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Love what you are doing with this story. I can just see Bruce Campbell riding off!

There is no way he can do that on Burn Notice!!!
Glad you are enjoying it! I haven't been able to really get into Burn Notice so far. But I want to netflix it at some point.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Holy cow - Clark in chains? Are we going to see things from his POV at all in this fic?

and P.S. I love Bruce Campbell, ever since I saw him in "Army of Darkness". He has that great mixture of seriousness and camp.
Yes, there will be chains. Yes, we will see Clark's POV - the next chapter is all about Clark actually. I've alternated between what Clark goes through, what Lois goes through, and a small section of what Xena alone is doing.

Also, Bruce is my favorite actor. I just adore him. But I actually saw him on Xena before I accidently tuned into AOD one day on the tv. I'm a HUGE Evil Dead fan as a result. (And Sam Raimi is my directing idol.)

You're right about his mix of seriousness and camp. He's a fantastic actor and I would hire him in a nanosecond for any part in any movie if I could ever break into directing. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
eek Must save Clark!

I've just caught up on this story, and even though I don't really know a whole lot about Xena, it's still a really good story and easy to follow (though just because I'm not as familiar with Xena as with LnC doesn't mean I don't know a goodly amount of my greek mythology- some of most interesting classes I've ever taken on the subject goofy )

Anyways, so my thoughts mainly follow this:

SAVE CLARK!!! SAVE HIM! I so desperately want there to be some kind of final battle between Tempus and Superman- yes, Superman- so eventually hope Clark gets back powers/back to his timeline... And poor Lois! I don't quite remember the first chapter (I'll go back and review it wink ) but... is she... you know... preggers..? and if she is... oh goodness.

I guess I'll have to wait and see. This is really interesting- update soon!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
eek Must save Clark!

I've just caught up on this story, and even though I don't really know a whole lot about Xena, it's still a really good story and easy to follow (though just because I'm not as familiar with Xena as with LnC doesn't mean I don't know a goodly amount of my greek mythology- some of most interesting classes I've ever taken on the subject goofy )

Anyways, so my thoughts mainly follow this:

SAVE CLARK!!! SAVE HIM! I so desperately want there to be some kind of final battle between Tempus and Superman- yes, Superman- so eventually hope Clark gets back powers/back to his timeline... And poor Lois! I don't quite remember the first chapter (I'll go back and review it wink ) but... is she... you know... preggers..? and if she is... oh goodness.

I guess I'll have to wait and see. This is really interesting- update soon!
No saving Clark just yet. It would spoil all of the fun. laugh

Glad you are enjoying it so far and are finding it easy to follow. That's exactly what I was striving for. smile

As I told Anti-K - maybe Lois is preggers, maybe not. But I will reveal the health concern at the end of the story.

Tempus is actually not on "screen" for most of this fic, but he is the reason why everything happens. laugh (Mostly because he's so darn hard to write for without a sarcasm font.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I'm just catching up with this story too.

I don't know much about Xena, as I never watched the show, though I might have caught one or two eps.

However, your writing makes everything very clear. smile

I'm glad the story will last sometime, as I do like longer fics, and it promises to be an exciting ride. But I do love happy endings. wink

Yours Jenni

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Jenni Debb:
Hi,

I'm just catching up with this story too.

I don't know much about Xena, as I never watched the show, though I might have caught one or two eps.

However, your writing makes everything very clear. smile

I'm glad the story will last sometime, as I do like longer fics, and it promises to be an exciting ride. But I do love happy endings. wink

Yours Jenni
Hi Jenni! Glad you are enjoying it so far! And glad I've made it easy for the non-Xenites to follow. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Why Kratos?" the man asked.

"Because it is the only city with regular ships to Rome."
You're playing big, huh?

They won't dare to damage their goods. "
/imagines Clark explaining to the Doctore how it is against his ethical believes to hurt or even kill another human being/

"Do. Not. Get. Caught," she warned him.

"The King of Thieves never gets caught."
That doesn't sound good.

Plus, with her current health concern, she really wasn't sure if she should be riding.
okay...
FDK from part 1:
Time travel had a way of making one feel just a tad queasy.
/peeks up/ Pregnant?/
Also from part 1:
She was going to prepare the filet mignon that she'd picked up at the supermarket the day before.
From part 2:
Clark noticed that Lois even went back for seconds.
Yep, she's pregnant. First trimester. Likely late second month, early third.

Still, I haven't really needed to defend myself much lately. Clark kind of has that department covered.
wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yep, she's pregnant. First trimester. Likely late second month, early third.
You'll have to wait to see if you are right. huh </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They do in my universe. laugh

Yes, but how would Ceasar come across her? Rome had roughly a million inhabitants or so, IIRC. OTOH, given their luck, Xena would likely have to rush into the arena right under Jules's nose to rescue Clark. But then the Chakram would give her away anyway. So, is she going to dye her hair blonde?
You'll see. devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Maybe for the subbers. I'm a proud shipper though. Xena/Ares all the way!
laugh Was that show or fanfic where Herb told them that soulmates don't require to be lovers?

The point is to *not* kill Lois.
rotflol Hey, if she survived Ralph's Pagoda, Falafel should be easy.

But dang, I *should* have written Falafel in.
Mutters about getting there too late. But hey, you could always tweak it for the archives to give him a guest stint in Kratos.

You'll see.
So, All I need to do is catch up?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, if she survived Ralph's Pagoda, Falafel should be easy.
rotflol I do wonder which is deadlier. Probably Falafel. laugh

Was that show or fanfic where Herb told them that soulmates don't require to be lovers?
Hmmm...maybe fic? I don't remember that in the show, but I might be forgetting.

Mutters about getting there too late. But hey, you could always tweak it for the archives to give him a guest stint in Kratos.
*ducks flying objects as this one already got submitted to the archive and is awaiting the look over from her editor*

So, All I need to do is catch up?
Pretty much. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*ducks flying objects as this one already got submitted to the archive and is awaiting the look over from her editor*
Without any cajoling: If you'd really want to get it in there, I'm sure your editor wouldn't be too upset about a small change/addition late in the game smile

Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Without any cajoling: If you'd really want to get it in there, I'm sure your editor wouldn't be too upset about a small change/addition late in the game smile

Michael
It's on it's way to the archive already. I might write in Falafel's descendant as a "street meat" vendor in a sequel though.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, so editing's done already. Okay, that's fine smile

Sequel! hyper Although, how are you going to twist *that* one in? Unless Lois gets shipped off to the slave marked at the end of this fic dizzy

Michael

PS: You'd better get writing so there's a sequel to find once I'm done reading this one wink

PPS: Suddenly imagines 'street meat' as the Greek version of roadkill.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard