Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another emotional roller-coaster. laugh I keep hoping for that first kiss, every time I expect it -- Lois goes and blows up again. And I think, 'oh, yeah, she's not ready yet.'

We did learn something new about Clark Kent. Something I had never thought about. eek
They played that game for a moment before she did something that Clark would have thought impossible. She raised her knee quickly and dropped him to his knees. He felt like he'd been hit with a baseball bat. Or least what he thought it would feel like. Pain shot through him like he'd never felt before. Lois had kneed him in his groin and he could actually feel it.
Guess he is ALL man. laugh This story already has lots of parts and my brain is fuzzy on the details, but has THIS Clark every felt the effects of Kryptonite? I can't remember. confused If not, then this was his first experience with pain. Kryptonite won't seem so bad after that. goofy

I'm still waiting for this:
When you decide it's time for you to grow up and be the man she needs you to be, you call and you better grovel like you've never groveled before.
Clark came back. Stopped acting like a heel. But still hasn't groveled. He owes Lois some groveling after telling her to call him and then not responding when she did. LOTS of groveling. Martha and Lois are right. If he wants to be a Dad -- a full time Dad -- he needs to man up.

I love all the UST between Lois and Clark. Every little thing she says (when she's not mad/angry at him) turns him on. That man needs a nice icy cold shower.

This line confused me:
Lois swayed, her emotions nearly overwhelming her. Clark scooted over and reached out to grasp her shoulder. "Pretty amazing, huh?" She could only nod as she looked up at the twins, large tears spilling from her eyes. "Lois," Clark whispered. "I'm sorry."
After the sweetness of the twins realizing that Lois was their Mommy, it didn't make sense. Came out of left field. Why would Clark be apologizing for the kids wanting to call her Mommy? Because he hadn't told them before... It took me a minute before I understood he was talking about being a jerk.

"Damn, Clark, you must like the taste of your foot," he said to himself.
Always love the foot in the mouth references. clap So fitting for Clark. Sweet and charming that he is, he always manages to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. But then again, he's pretty good at saying the right thing at the right time too. wink
She must have believed him because she relaxed into his arms. "Will you hold me for a while?"

"All night if you need me to." And he tightened his arms.
So, the big question is: Will Lois still be moving into the house with Clark and the kids? I hope so. I don't want a custody battle between them. I just couldn't read that. Too painful.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, maybe I didn't get how long Clark had not been to the farm, but you said that he'd tried to call several times. How many days was it? And didn't he at least leave voicemails when he did call. They all said that he didn't even call, so it doesn't make sense to me, especially that his mom would be so very angry too. I can see Lois being angry no matter what after what she's been through, but his mom. ??? confused

I'm confused. confused Perhaps you could put more info on the time frames etc. at least for someone like me to understand why they felt Clark was so negligent. ???

And I can see why Clark would feel pain from Lois-- because of how he feels about her, their connection.

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm glad someone finally called Clark out. I don't deny he loves the kids, but he "tries" to get out there "at least every other day"? Give me a break. It takes him all of 0.2 seconds to get there. He's taking them for granted.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I am also glad that Lois called Clark on his priorities - which he so has to get in order - and that Martha said he should grovel. Though, we have yet to see that happen.

So sweet when Perry asked if Lois was their mommy smile1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
annnddddd BUMP!! ahaha

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard