Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#80795 07/24/11 08:18 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For those of you playing the home game, I've thrown in a few "in-jokes."

The Lost Mariner is actually the title of the episode in which Xena and Gabrielle save Cecrops.

The comment about Gabrielle's top looking like a sports bra is a nod to the fandom nickname for the outfit - the BGSB (Billious Green Sports Bra).

Comments are most welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

I
Blogger
Blogger
I
I like the idea, but have to ask- do I need to know anything about Xena?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by immery:
I like the idea, but have to ask- do I need to know anything about Xena?
Not really. Just that she's a warrior woman who kicks butt in ancient Greece. She was once an evil warlord but changed to the side of good after fighting alongside Hercules. She and her friend Gabrielle travel Greece (and occassionally to parts outside of Greece) fighting for the side of good (for Xena, it's a way of atoning for all of her past misdeeds).

I've tried to make it as assessible as possible to the non-Xenites.

Any questions/confusion about what is in the story and I will be happy to try and explain to make it even more assessible. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Odd thought - Xena and Gabrielle have 20th century reincarnations; If I remember the timing right they'll be fairly elderly ladies when Superman makes his debut, but that doesn't necessarily rule out some renewed contact after L&C return to the 20th century.

If we get to meet Hercules too, it's worth remembering that in Hercules / Xena canon he's (a) an immortal demigod and (b) around in the 20th/21st century using the identity of actor Kevin Sorbo.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Odd thought - Xena and Gabrielle have 20th century reincarnations; If I remember the timing right they'll be fairly elderly ladies when Superman makes his debut, but that doesn't necessarily rule out some renewed contact after L&C return to the 20th century.

If we get to meet Hercules too, it's worth remembering that in Hercules / Xena canon he's (a) an immortal demigod and (b) around in the 20th/21st century using the identity of actor Kevin Sorbo.
That's true. Xena and Gabs did get cloned in the Season 6 episode, "Send in the Clones." I don't remember all of the details about it (I haven't seen it since the original air date 10 years ago). But they wouldn't be elderly - just the samples used to clone them were 2000 years old.

And yes, Hercules acting as Kevin Sorbo. Those are the best Herc eps. Maybe I could use him if I do a Herc/Xena in the future story. (And maybe clone Iolaus - I find him way more fascinating than Herc.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/puts it on to read list/

~~~~~ Superman/Xena ~~~~~
So, is Xena the Lois-incarnation of -??? B.C. to + 50 A.D.?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] Odd thought - Xena and Gabrielle have 20th century reincarnations; If I remember the timing right they'll be fairly elderly ladies when Superman makes his debut, but that doesn't necessarily rule out some renewed contact after L&C return to the 20th century.

That's true. Xena and Gabs did get cloned in the Season 6 episode, "Send in the Clones." I don't remember all of the details about it (I haven't seen it since the original air date 10 years ago). But they wouldn't be elderly - just the samples used to clone them were 2000 years old.

And yes, Hercules acting as Kevin Sorbo. Those are the best Herc eps. Maybe I could use him if I do a Herc/Xena in the future story. (And maybe clone Iolaus - I find him way more fascinating than Herc.) [/b]
I was thinking more of the episode set in 1940, The Xena Scrolls, with Gabrielle as a sort of Indiana Jones character and Xena as the timid secretary. I don't think I ever saw Send In The Clones, a lot of the later episodes were only shown once on British TV and usually at stupid times.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
/puts it on to read list/

~~~~~ Superman/Xena ~~~~~
So, is Xena the Lois-incarnation of -??? B.C. to + 50 A.D.?

Michael
Nope, that's just the random page break thing that I picked, since fanfiction.net won't let me use ************ as a break.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b]
[b] Odd thought - Xena and Gabrielle have 20th century reincarnations; If I remember the timing right they'll be fairly elderly ladies when Superman makes his debut, but that doesn't necessarily rule out some renewed contact after L&C return to the 20th century.

And yes, Hercules acting as Kevin Sorbo. Those are the best Herc eps. Maybe I could use him if I do a Herc/Xena in the future story. (And maybe clone Iolaus - I find him way more fascinating than Herc.) [/b]
I was thinking more of the episode set in 1940, The Xena Scrolls, with Gabrielle as a sort of Indiana Jones character and Xena as the timid secretary. I don't think I ever saw Send In The Clones, a lot of the later episodes were only shown once on British TV and usually at stupid times. [/b]
Good point. The Xena Scrolls was an amazing episode. I don't think you missed much by not seeing Send In The Clones - I didn't care for much of season 6. But I am watching Herc and Xena episode-by-episode currently.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Love the storyline when is the next posting

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by lovesuper97:
Love the storyline when is the next posting
Probably on Weds or Thurs. Depends on a few personal issues that might arise this week. (Plus I'm still combing for typos.)

Glad you are enjoying it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am not a big fan of Xena myself. However, the concept of Lois and Clark thrown back to the time of Maximus is very intriguing.

Looking forward to reading the entire story in the future!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
I am not a big fan of Xena myself. However, the concept of Lois and Clark thrown back to the time of Maximus is very intriguing.

Looking forward to reading the entire story in the future!
Thanks Morgana! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
I like all the little details you've thrown in, both from the show and from the year(s) between the end of the show and this story--like Clark writing an article to bring back the hawks or the bananas from 'Ordinary People.'

It's too bad that Clark lost his powers, though I was wondering how he could be captured with them. Now, however, I'm starting to get a bit worried. And what will happen to Lois?

Well, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, but...great beginning. I don't know anything about Xena, but I really like this opening.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
I like all the little details you've thrown in, both from the show and from the year(s) between the end of the show and this story--like Clark writing an article to bring back the hawks or the bananas from 'Ordinary People.'

It's too bad that Clark lost his powers, though I was wondering how he could be captured with them. Now, however, I'm starting to get a bit worried. And what will happen to Lois?

Well, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, but...great beginning. I don't know anything about Xena, but I really like this opening.
Thank you Anti-K! Having Clark lose his powers was a necessary evil. Besides, it's always fun to write for a vulnerable Clark. And I really, really didn't want to bring Kryptonite into this - it would have been a little too much.

I do throw in little tidbits about Xena and her life in the following chapters. Hopefully it is enough to make the character/show concept really accessible.

Glad you liked the little throwbacks/details to the episodes. I think my mind was working in subconcious ways when I wrote the hawks in - I was actually thinking about the falcons that nest on the towers of one of the bridges where I grew up - but wrote hawks and realized much, much later that Lois and Clark were the Hawks in Just Say Noah. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy

"My super speed," he said in a dazed whisper. "It's gone."
What now? wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael - I really do enjoy your feedback. smile

Yes, they really are that fast on the draw with their weapons. Trust me, I'm actually midway through both Herc and Xena on dvd. I'm calling it my research for the fic. smile (Really, I will take any excuse.)

They are indeed in a different universe...at least in this story. I'm considering altering that a bit if I write a sequel.

Tempus had a long time in solitary confinement to work on his time window?? laugh

I did not mean to kill a little tank. But I do like Lois' longer hair better than the short hair. smile

They all speak the same language for the same reason why Xena et al can wander the entire globe and converse with the locals. laugh

It's mostly Clark and Lois' POV this story, but plently of Xena and Gabrielle in the mix.

Gotta love Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert's universe! laugh

Thanks for reviewing and I hope you enjoy the rest.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I really do enjoy your feedback.
smile1 I'm just the mirror cabinets mirror, reflecting what I see with a semi reasonable accuracy. Also, Muse is happy she gets at least some exercise. blush

Yes, they really are that fast on the draw with their weapons.
blush Okay, so it's been a long, long time.

Tempus had a long time in solitary confinement to work on his time window??
Huh, yay... And I just realized, he might have simply shorted out the time window's window bazimbo-doodle and now the damaged window is connecting the the devices surface to the time flux, and by extension, everyone who's touching the device goofy Good thing the window's still transporting non-conducting material, or they might have ended up like the Terminator.

They all speak the same language for the same reason why Xena et al can wander the entire globe and converse with the locals.
/slaps head/ Translator microbes?

Gotta love Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert's universe!
Oops, did I mention 'long time' before?

Thanks for reviewing and I hope you enjoy the rest.
You're welcome and I'll guess there's only one way to find out wink

Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael - Um, yeah, I *think* the long time part might have been mentioned. laugh

Also, I would not have minded if Clark wound up transporting to Greece like the Terminator. laugh Would not have minded at all.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Something that I and a lot of us have overlooked for a long time is the fact that Tempus was a technophobe. He couldn't even operate the fundamental controls of the time sled. He needed Herb to drive for him. wallbash

Later in Meet John Doe he steals the brain washing device and uses it. One explanation I can come up with is the possibility that they are Tempus variants from different universes all with the same motovation. devil

In view of all this how was he capable of constructing a time window device? confused

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard