Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
WOW! Powerful chapter. Poor Clark and Clark! I can't wait for more. I wish I could read it all at once. I am really excited about this story. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Another part!

Both men stood outside the room where they would be meeting with the Kryptonians tasked with teaching them how to emulate Lord Kal-El.
These Kryptonians are taking quite a risk. What they are doing would be considered treason by Lord Clone-El, and by many other Kryptonians. I'm quite impressed that there are this many Kryptonians willing to stand up against Clone-El. Of course, if the clone has been a horrible leader, people will find some way to overthrow him.

The only thing I worry about is betrayal. As Ben Franklin said, "Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." Could one of these Kryptonians actually be Clone-El's spy? And Zara has been in the Resistance for so long - hasn't Clone-El suspected anything?

Both men felt relief at not sensing the thick and anxious fear that the humans radiated whenever they were around...
They must be using their telepathy more to pick up on human transmissions... or is it just that the humans' fear is so great it's broadcasting in ALL CAPS?

"Let me make you all known to each other," Zara said politely as she began to introduce the two of them to the rest of the group.
Yep, not good for operational security. But then, Zara is a novice at this.

"But - one of those women endured years of abuse at the hands of Lord Kal. How is it possible she got past your resemblance to her abuser?"
You'll just have to read "Long, Strange Trip." smile

"Unfortunately to our task, you both *are* very human. The way you walk, talk, and hold yourselves - if we didn't know who you were, we would think you were human."
Good for Kent's life on Earth as a mild-mannered reporter; bad when it comes to impersonating a sadistic and cruel Kryptonian dictator.

"Yet if your region is like it was here before our incursion, this democratic system doesn't work so well either."
Hee hee! Winston Churchill: Democracy is the worst form of government that's ever been tried, except for all the others.

"Choosing to fight for this world's freedom is the same as fighting for my own world's freedom. I don't consider it defection or treason when our leader is a pretender."
Yay! And how many Kryptonians know by now that their leader is a clone? Or does this woman just feel that Clone-El is so lacking in leader qualities that she considers him a pretender?

"We all feel this way," said one of the others. "We may not have been injured in the same way by Lord Kal-El, but we feel he's destroyed our collective honor. We must regain the honor of our people by freeing this world and bringing him to justice."
Yay again. There are decent Kryptonians out there. This bodes well for the Resistance. Even Clone-El's own people are disgusted by him and they want a regime change.

I'm unclear yet as to whether the news that the leader is a clone and the real Kal-El is in stasis has gotten around. Who knows that so far?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"You are right. I just wanted to see how you would react."
You really set up an eerie feeling for this. On one side we have two Kal-Els looking completely out of place and confused, and on the other this ominous panel of Kryptonian, whom I took for stone-faced rebel leaders sitting along a semicirle table, high wooden chairs, and a disapproving look on their faces.

"I was once a concubine," she said, her gaze faraway as she recollected her past. "Born to it. Forced to it by society," she said. "I've had to deal with Lord Kal-El's cruelty first hand. I've also been compelled to aid in the degradation of human females that have appealed to him," she said, her face twisted in distaste. "Choosing to fight for this world's freedom is the same as fighting for my own world's freedom. I don't consider it defection or treason when our leader is a pretender."
But now it looks like it's more like a ragged band of fugitives wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard