Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cute idea Tank! But I would love to see how it develops from here. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay. A TOGOM fic from Tank! All is right in the world! This is really cute. I'm with Laura. You need to write more of this! Yes, I caught the short hair references.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad to see that Lois isn't nearly as blind--or dense--as poor Clark seems to think she is. I can only assume that his loneliness has caused a bout of temporary insanity.

Thanks for coming out of retirement long enough to give us our annual fix.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Another TOGOM story from Tank, with (as usual) a Lois haircut and a clever new idea on how to deal with one of the most-rewritten episodes.

I'm so happy that things look like they're going to end up OK. Lois Lane is on the job now, and Martha too - Clark doesn't stand a chance. I'm sure he'll have to do some serious groveling when he comes clean. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What fun!! Really enjoyed it, but I will add my two cents in that I also think we could use some more-- What actually happens the next day? thumbsup

EvelynC
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

Nice one! I love Lois and Martha being in cahoots! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice one!! clap Clever idea -- I would love to see a part 2 with Clark coming clean or Lois giving up and and telling him that she knows... fun vignette! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Tank,

rehydrated gangsters
clap

So now, I wonder whether 'Joe' will be able to get a job at the DP. Will Clark confess all to Perry while trying to keep Lois in the dark? Will he come clean to Lois and then approach the Perry as Clark? How will he explain his long time being 'dead' to the world? So many questions left unanswered.

I am amazed at how you manage to continue coming up with a truly novel take on this episode every year.

Joy,
Lynn

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Cute : )

Framework4
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was great! clap

(and I'd like to see more too wink ).

smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Don't know about Joe in the Charlie persona, like Lois wouldn't recognize him! Loved your twist! Great little story. Thank you.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Tank, I really do love your yearly TOGOM forays! And I know you won't continue, but I'd really love to see Lois make Clark (Joe) squirm.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another TOGOM, an event I'm attending each year!

Little different from the last year, I'm glad Lois worked it out so quickly. You really love her short hair! goofy
We could go further if you're feeling up to it. Will Perry and Jimmy be fooled by this "Joe"!

Thanks for this fic! clap

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to those who partook of my annual foray into the most rewritten episode in L&C fandom.

One of the advantages of TOGOM stories now is, because of the vast amount of them, and the familarity with them, we can utilize what amounts to 'shortcuts' in the story telling.

We know that Clark doesn't tell Lois that he's not actually dead because in his mind, Clark Kent is dead, and he feels that Lois would be better off going through the typical grief for a lost friend and then move on with her life. We also know that Lois, even if she sort of understands his motives, doesn't appreciate him making those decisions for her.

That sceanario has been played out over and over in these stories so we all know what they are and the writer doesn't really have to actually write them any more. They can merely be acknowledged as happening off camera and the story can get on with the 'twist' the writer wants to explore.

Also, it was easy to just infer that Lois figured out Clark's secret without presenting a very familiar 'revelation/epiphany' type scene for Lois. It's obvious that having that much time for her to obsess over the 'death' of Clark that she wouldn't begin to see the discrepancies in what appeared to happen and what actually did happen; ie: the lack of blood, etc. This also always leads her to think back of her time with Clark and Superman and viola, the light bulb is switched on. Again, we've all seen this done many times in past stories and again, it can be referenced as happening off camera and not needed to be trotted out again.

My purpose in this version was to showcase Lois' need to see justice done. She has realized how much Clark actually meant to her (the real underlying point of the episode) and she has to be there when Clyde pays for his crime.

The part with Joe Kent was added to appease those who 'need' to have a happy ending (I like happy endings too). I didn't feel there was any real need to go into what would encompass a whole new fic to explore what most of the fandom could imagine would happen. The 'happy ever after' was set up such that we 'know' that eventually Lois and Joe/Clark would get there.

That having been said; if anyone feels compelled to write a fic exploring this 'next day' and subsequent developements I'd have no problem with that. Have at it.

Thanks again for the support to this broken down old writer.

Tank (who has to remind the gentle readers that he, again, came up with a very logical reason for Lois to acquire the more desirable shorter haircut)

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap

Lois hung up the phone and started to move toward her bedroom. She might as well get some sleep. Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.
laugh

That having been said; if anyone feels compelled to write a fic exploring this 'next day' and subsequent developements I'd have no problem with that. Have at it.
Umm... not at this time. But it did remind me of the challenges (and bodies) you left strewn all over the boards a few years back. Do you have any more of those death traps lying around?

Michael, who looks forward to seeing Clark die in 2012.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard