Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80409 07/03/11 05:24 AM
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I really enjoyed this chapter. Lois breaking so many stories on the same day -- I see Pulitzer here.
thumbsup

"Why *do* you have a hair dryer? The black ones," she pointed out.

"These are black," he said as he glanced up at her.

"Those," she indicated with her foot.

"What's the difference?"

"Put on the shoes, would you?"
This is an example of why I'm liking this story so much; Lois seems to be slipping right into the significant other/wife role with Clark and *he's letting her*. laugh

All the private moments between Lois and Clark have been so fun to witness. I know Lois has issues, but so far the flirting and banter has been nice.

In all of his years in the profession he'd chosen, the profession he'd dreamed of having as a kid, nothing had ever been quite as satisfying as standing in front of the one person he'd longed to see in his office again. Large tears rolled down his cheeks and he sighed, a breath he'd needed to take for years.

Lois ignored the tears spilling from her eyes and crossed the distance to him. She clung to him as tightly as he clung to her, both crying softly.
/lip wobbles.

Loved the emotional meeting between Lois and Perry and the rest of her ... what's the name for a male harem? ... friends.

"Lois is back."

"Back?"

"Out of prison, in a hearing as we speak to clear her of the charges against her. Luthor was found and is in jail."

Martha sat for a moment before her eyes drifted over to the twins. "It's too soon," she said softly. "I'm not ready to give them up."
I enjoyed this exchange with Martha. I always like to see Martha's mama bear tendencies.

"Back then I wouldn't have thought twice about ruining your life."

"Back then? Would you think twice now?"

"You can't possibly think I'd tell any..." She stopped again as she took a deeper look into his eyes. "I didn't give them away."

"I know you didn't. And I had no intention of mentioning it, but..." He looked away and sighed. "Please don't take them away from me," he whispered.

Lois leaned up and rubbed his back. He'd sat down and leaned over to place his elbows on his knees. "Why would I take them away from their daddy?"

Clark's head snapped around and his eyes met hers. "I hope we're adult enough to work something out."

"Clark?" She waited until she had his attention. "We'll work something out." When she saw the relief wash over him, she wanted to reach out and hug him.
I'm glad this is out in the open from the beginning. It will help them to work together in a shared direction, rather than working at cross purposes.

I know I just said this, but I can't wait for the next part.
B

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow the flirting is getting hot. I am surprised by her forwardness with him so early, but I like it! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have to admit that I haven't been reading on a completely regular basis. The premise and you're warning that it was going to be long put me a little off. But this is going much faster than expect (now, thanks to Corrina, when somebody says long, I think 70 parts) and I've really enjoyed the last few installments.

The flirting in this one was really fun to read and it's great to see Lois and Clark on the same page so fast. I'm really looking forward to more smile

Cris
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap This is so good, so WAFFy, I'm afraid it isn't going to last and something bad is going to happen.

Glad to have Lois back at the DP, where she belongs. Great emotional reunion. Loved the banter between her and Jimmy: clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
So loved this part!

The flirting is great and so hot! The reunion between Lois and Perry was bittersweet! (as will be when Lois sees the twin again).

I am also glad that Lois and Clark got *the* conversation out of the way - about her not taking the kids away from him. This would have overshadowed any and every conversation (on his part) that he would have had with her.

Looking forward to 19!

smile1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just bumping this to the top to buuuggg youuuu

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"I thought Superman ran around saving people," Lois said as she turned on the couch to face him, pulling her other leg up, too.

"He does. But Clark needs to lay around watching baseball every now and then."
I like this. Personally, I've always wondered how Clark could be in a "service profession" that's so demanding and not get burnt out. I guess we know the truth - it's Lois who helps him.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard