Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Cute, funny, great fun.

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
Yes, I can see that being a problem - Maybe Superman needs to buy a machine publicly and fly off with it to an unknown destination, saying he's found an alternative solution to the problem.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Haha. I always thought Lois would have had more questions for Clark. There is no way she would have just let it go so quickly like she did in the show. Funny how everyone else seems preoccupied with it as well.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Features Writer
Features Writer
LOL clap this looks fun!

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very fun. Clark did the only thing he could think of to explain away his super suits, but this story is a good reminder that there are always consequences to our actions. Sometimes they're good, like protecting our secret identity. Sometimes they're bad, like becoming famous for washing Superman's unmentionables. And in Clark's case ... laugh

Now that Lois is thinking and looking at S-man in regular clothes, I think that Clark should just tell her. That way he's in charge of the when and where she discovers his secret.

Interesting mention of the robbery at Mazik's jewelers. Does this mean that Jace and Nigel are about to kidnap Jonathan and Martha?

More, please?
B

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
Great start! Poor Clark.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL adorable story. More soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol rotflol rotflol
Or maybe an interview with Superman's laundry,
That was just hilarious and so very dangerous for Clark's secret identity. None are so blind as those who refuse to see.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You had me rotflol throughout the entire 1st part. Loved it!

"So?" Lois said. "It solved *my* problem, and if somebody was willing to steal something from my car, they deserved whatever they got."
Good problems solving, Lois!

She laughed. "You know, you're just too easy," she said.
rotflol rotflol Very Very Funny!

"You know, I guess he'd stand out no matter what he wore."
Just like she'd love him if he were an ordinary fellow. Poor Clark. There's no winning here.

I have no idea where this is leading. I'm also nervous about the Mazik Jewelry heist report. And I'm guessing that's tied to Lois finding out (re: cupping her jaw)... unless of course, she spies Clark in his underwear and remembers the 'Superman' from her shopping exposition. laugh

Thank you brightening my evening with this little gigglefest.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love the premise for this story! You know, it really is remarkable that half of Metropolis (Lois included) didn't stake out Clark's apartment after he announced to the world that he does Superman's laundry.

I like the mention of Mazik's too. Are we about to launch into the kidnapping of the Kents?

I wonder if Lois is going to finally put CK and S together in her mind. Maybe start playing with the website again and place designer sunglasses on the picture of Superman and have the little light bulb turn on.

One little quibble though - if Lois left the windows of the Jeep rolled down so that someone could steal the "gift" of garbage, they probably would have stolen the entire vehicle. I know it doesn't always happen, but Lois *does* have a nice Jeep. laugh

Can't wait for more!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Didn't there used to be an expression, "hanging out the dirty linen," that spoke of letting everyone know secrets of the laundry and family secrets? This is what came to mind when I read this beginning of this story. Wonder what Lois will learn as she probes into the laundry of Superman?

Enjoying this gentle story.
Pat

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've heard that trash present before. I think it actually happened and in New York. You'll have to ask Nan about why the car wasn't stolen, too.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I lived in New York a long time ago, when the crime problem was actually a lot worse than it is now. The incident happened when I was there, and later, when something brought it to mind, I realized it was exactly the kind of thing that Lois would think of.

As for why her car wasn't stolen, that you'll have to wait for. <g>

Thanks for the fdk, everyone. I haven't had this much in a long time.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was so LOL and cute!

And the trash present was lol

Cannot wait for part 2!

smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
Didn't there used to be an expression, "hanging out the dirty linen," that spoke of letting everyone know secrets of the laundry and family secrets? This is what came to mind when I read this beginning of this story. Wonder what Lois will learn as she probes into the laundry of Superman?

Enjoying this gentle story.
Pat
Yeah. I always heard it as "airing your dirty laundry" - it might be regional the use of what words. I'm a NYer born and raised. But basically it means the same thing - letting your dirty little secrets out in the open for everyone to see.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M

You haven't been posting much in a long time.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Nan:
I lived in New York a long time ago, when the crime problem was actually a lot worse than it is now. The incident happened when I was there, and later, when something brought it to mind, I realized it was exactly the kind of thing that Lois would think of.

As for why her car wasn't stolen, that you'll have to wait for. <g>

Nan
Oh I like the present in the car idea. Glad to see we'll find out why Lois' car wasn't stolen too. My uncle, a number of years ago, went to Little Italy in NY and his car was broken into. All of the Christmas presents were taken but the car wasn't - I have no idea why not - he usually has really nice cars.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Does Superman ever get food on his clothes?" the waitress asked with apparent irrelevance.

"Not that I've ever noticed," Clark said, after a startled pause.

"Oh. I just wondered. Getting salad oil out of Spandex is harder than it looks."
I was thinking for a minute that Clark makes sure that Superman doesn't eat in public, but wasn't there one episode where Superman buys a coffee from a coffee stand?

And of course, "being famous for doing Superman's laundry" brought Female Hawk's fine fic, "The Press Conference" to mind.

Please post more soon! What will Lois do, and when will she see the obvious?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Inconveniences of Doing Superman's Laundry: 1/?
For some unknown, strange reason, I was really scratching my head over the title. It sounded like a short comedy piece without A-plot. But that didn't compute. It's not your M.O. Of course, I could have simply shrugged and read on, instead of thinking long and hard about it. Which I did, of course laugh

This was Janeane Schumer, that new member of the Dirt Digger who had printed that nasty little piece last week inferring that Superman picked and chose when he made rescues and citing, among others, the death of Lex Luthor to back it up.
laugh

"But that didn't solve the problem," Clark objected. "It just made it somebody else's."
*Really*, Clark?

"So?" Lois said. "It solved *my* problem, and if somebody was willing to steal something from my car, they deserved whatever they got."
See?

"Yeah, I suppose so," the waitress said, wistfully. "Have you ever actually seen Superman -- you know -- I mean, you're both guys ...." Clark could feel his face growing warm again. "Have you ever seen him ... you know, change clothes?"
I'm wondering if the waitress is a groupie or been bought by the Digger?

"And how about underwear?" Lois asked. "Does he ever ask you to wash his underwear?"
Sounds like Lois got a new hobby. Or, well, a new means to exercise her hobby.

Superman, rather. As he watched, Lois did something and the outfit changed to that of a T-shirt and jeans. Belatedly, he saw that the website advertised the advantage of seeing how an outfit would look on "that special person in your life."
Oh boy.

and sooner or later it was quite possible that she would put two and two together.
Nah...

So, how many parts are you figuring? Ballpark wise? And when might we be getting another morsel? grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Probably only one or two more parts, although you never know for sure. Sometimes these things grow without warning.

I've been working on the next part but I won't be able to post until next week, at least. I got an unexpected call from my son, who is in Arkansas. His company downsized and he was one of several casualties. Since he is now jobless and living with a friend, I am making a fast trip get him. He needs a place to stay until he can find another job, and since he has limited funds and Greyhound won't let him bring his cat (I raised my kids not to abandon a pet, ever) we're driving out to get him. It's a 26 hour trip one way, and Chuck and I are going to alternate driving so we can make it in the shortest possible time.

I'm glad you liked the first part. I don't envision anything *too* heavy in it, but again, you never know. <g>

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard