Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
smile1 Only one part to go. Feedback here, please. smile1

Bob

#80295 06/29/11 05:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really liking this. The dream was so realistic, I was wondering if Clark had been exposed to red K - why else would he act like that?

The holding-hands scene was great.

#80296 06/29/11 07:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I loved the holding hands. I loved that he didn't want to let go and she accepted that.

I hated the blonde bimbo! grumble You had me going there for a minute. I said, "Hey! Wait! No, Clark. NO! Bad Boy! Get your hands off that woman." eek Then I said, no this can't be real. Clark's getting her back for telling him she was moving to London, that's what this is. Clark wouldn't REALLY do this to Lois, not after that cute hand-holding scene. Then you got me! DREAM! Ooooh. You got me good. clap notworthy

So, Lois, whatcha going to do about it? Happily awaiting Part 5.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#80297 06/29/11 07:26 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Boy, I have to say I was confused when this started! I almost went back and reread the last part, thinking I'd missed something or missed a chapter!

I was even more confused when Clark was so open about keeping hold of her hand. I mean, he's so careful about never pressuring her or making her think he wants to be more than friends.

Then Lois hugged Clark, and I knew it had to either be a dream or I had missed something very big.

When the blonde girl showed up--and Clark didn't politely but quickly get rid of her--I KNEW it had to be a dream. But well done! I went through so many thoughts while reading that first segment that I had to reread it just to get everything i had missed the first time.

I love the subconscious conclusions Lois was drawing--and I love even more that she realized them herself while awake. It would be very disturbing to realize Clark could move on without her (though the show did it through Mayson instead of a dream).

I cannot wait to see how Lois chooses to confront this. I can just see her striding up to Clark and commandingly saying 'You're mine. You better not let any blonde hood ornaments hang around your desk anymore!' laugh

Looking forward to the next part!

#80298 06/29/11 08:47 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course, this was her Clark. Special was a way of life.
HER Clark. I LOVE it!!!

He looked like his favorite toy had been taken away.
Because it has! laugh

Clark asked his… hood ornament.
/me wipes up the spewed Pepsi all over the screen

It took only a moment for Lois to realize that Clark was kissing back… with enthusiasm!
If this isn't a dream, I am going to beat Clark up just a bit. Unless that blonde is me. laugh

It had been a dream. She didn’t have breakfast dates with Clark. They didn’t stroll the streets of Metropolis hand in hand. Clark hadn’t taken up with that… girl from the office.
And so it is a dream!

/me drops the lead box of Kryponite and the metal baseball bat and innocently strolls away

It was time for Lois Lane to act.
Yes! Hurry! Run Lois Run!!!!

Awww, this was way too short! I want more! Great chapter though. I loved it. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#80299 06/30/11 01:37 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oh, this is going to be fun! smile

Joy,
Lynn

#80300 06/30/11 02:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I Imagined the blonde bimbo was Lois's dream (or nightmare) but the holding hands seemed so real that I thought Lois had fallen asleep at her desk and dreamed about Clark and the floozy. laugh Glad that it shook her enough to make her decide to take matters into her own hands. devil I look forward to what she is going to do to make the rumors come true. laugh

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#80301 06/30/11 05:36 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Glad to see that Lois is starting to figure out her feelings about Clark. When Clark started kissing Jenny at work - I knew something was up!

Joan

#80302 06/30/11 07:53 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I also thought that I missed something big from a previous part or some chapter. You really got me until Lois saw Clark holding Jenny's hand and kissing her.

This will be good!

Cannot wait for tomorrow hyper

smile

#80303 06/30/11 08:04 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Darn right it is time for Lois to act! Loved this - thank you so much and looking forward to the last chapter!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#80304 06/30/11 01:27 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
You got me good. clap notworthy

That's exactly what I said. laugh

Well done, Bob!

This *is* my happily ever after.
#80305 06/30/11 02:49 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I’m so pleased that the dream wasn’t super obvious. I decided to use a dream sequence because of the reference in the song (take a look at the second line in the section I quoted for this act.) I was sure that everyone would read that verse and immediately realize that this was a dream.

Again, thank you all for the feedback and I’m so happy that so many are enjoying the story.

Bob

#80306 06/30/11 03:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
snork. "hood ornament" I loved it.
Cute story. Now to read the wrap up.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#80307 07/07/11 08:50 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Being together… holding hands… it just felt right. These sorts of moments were some of the best parts of her relationship with Clark.
Woah, there. They're holding hands and Lois actually thinks they're just friends?

Lois had to admit that negotiating the door while holding hands was fun. They impeded the progress of a few other people trying to get into the building, but once the others realized what she and Clark were doing, they didn’t seem to mind the minor delay.
What am I missing confused

Lois practically jumped out of her chair and hurried across the room. She reached his desk just in time to be there when this blonde hussy plopped down on Clark’s lap.
clap Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#80308 07/07/11 06:21 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Artemis:
Re: Hood ornament. That was the image that came to mind. I'm sure that in Lois's dream, the girl looked very... ornamental. smile

Michael:
I'm glad the dream sequence held up. When I wrote the first pass and vetted it by TFB, I asked over and over if it was too obvious. In light of the song quote for this section, I thought everyone would pick it up by the end of the first paragraph.

Bob

#80309 07/09/11 05:32 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah... I didn't really make the connection with the song blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard