Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Glad to see you posted. I liked tthe interaction of the Loises and Clarks with Zara. It was a well written chapter but very short. I hope you will post more soon. I can't wait for all the chaos to start! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The plan was for both men to learn how to become indistinguishable from the self-styled Lord Kal-El. They would study recordings of him and be tutored by Kryptonian resistance members well versed in how Lord Kal-El acted and carried himself down to the very ugly last detail.
I think this will be difficult to do. I remember in "Long Strange Trip", Lois was asked if Lord Kal-El and Clark were the same. I forget her exact words, but the gist was they looked the same, but also so very very different. Lord Kal-El radiated menace and fear; Clark radiated honor. There was a lot more to it. If Clark and Kent become able to act like Lord Clone-El, it will be a major acting job.

And the resistance members had openly expressed their fear about having to bear any kind of witness to their 'act', given that many of them had been directly harmed by Lord Kal-El.
Yep, flashbacks, just like Lois had in "Long Strange Trip". This is going to be psychologically distressing for a lot of people.

Secretly, the resistance members feared that both men would gain an appetite for how it felt to be like Lord Kal-El and to evoke fear in everyone who crossed their paths. What if once they tried it, they found that they liked that feeling of absolute power and control?
Yes. A truly chilling prospect. Now, instead of one evil Lord Kal-El, there are three. "When elephants battle, the grass is trampled."

"Anyone who's dealt with this creep doesn't need to watch us attempt to fool people into thinking we're him. I know for a fact I won't be able to do it with an audience of people that I know have been traumatized by the bastard."
But maybe they will have to do "the act" in front of people who have been traumatized, so they can see if it's a good act.

Zara saw how much a leader Lois Lane truly was in all three variations, and as far as the two Kal-Els they each would have done an admirable job leading the new Kryptonians. Being around the two men gave her hope for who her true mate would have turned out to be and could even still turn out to be.
Unfortunately, he's going to be smitten with LL. Sorry, Zara.

Zara left feeling heavy in her heart. Each exposure to the Clarks left her longing for both her intended mate and her bodyguard Ching. She began to wonder about what the future held for her - for the first time she began to see a potential for a kind of contentment. Would she still be Kal-El's wife having been bound to him at birth? Or would she somehow be able to live out her days with the man she loved? She shook her head, angry with herself. Despite what they said to her, she couldn't be self-indulgent. Not even in her dreams.
Poor Zara! I hope she's able to come to some sort of happiness at the end of all this. In a way, she is the person who has sacrificed the most.

Can't wait for more!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Okay. But nobody mess with my boys."

"Your *boys*," asked Lois, lifting her eyebrow. "Aren't they men? And isn't one of them mine?"

Lane gave her a grin. "I guess I can share."
dizzy

I can't help but wonder if Lois will be put into a situation where she will have one of her episodes. And in public. Could be because of the Clarks training. Or another sending. huh

So, when'd 21 due? Please? /adds cherry/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard