Next Thread
Print Thread
#80213 06/27/11 03:20 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments welcome as always.

In case it isn't obvious yet, this isn't going to be the deepest or most complex story in the history of FOLCdom. Just some light summer fun.

Bob

#80214 06/27/11 03:45 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap clap

I love it, Bob! Super job, and you know what I mean. I love how Lois comes up short at her own reaction, and her insight that the fact that the rumor is about Clark makes all the difference.

Well done!

smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
#80215 06/27/11 04:26 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Light summer fun, Yippie! Bring it on!

Clark reached out, took her hands in his, and made a show of inspecting them. “Now I understand,” Clark said as if he were addressing her hands. “Well you two need to behave yourselves. Remember that Lois can’t break stories from a jail cell.” Then he paused as if in thought, then addressed her hands again. “At least it’s a lot harder.”
Why would anyone think they were a couple after Clark spent a good few minutes holding her hands? sloppy And spending every evening together, whether on work or personally.

Lois is very observant in discovering 'she' was the mystery woman in Clark's life.

“Clark is always friendly. But you must have noticed that there is his everyone else voice and his Lois voice.”
Lois voice? How sweet! That Clark has a special tone he uses only for her. laugh

I'm glad Lois knows it wasn't Clark spreading the rumors (like Claude). And it's endearing that because the subject of the rumors is Clark it makes all the difference... than if it were someone else. And why is that Lois? Think really hard...

So, do we get a Clark POV or will Lois bring up the rumors to Clark. Waiting on the edge of my seat... oh, darn. Right. Waiting until tomorrow then. Sigh.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#80216 06/27/11 04:43 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark reached out, took her hands in his, and made a show of inspecting them. “Now I understand,” Clark said as if he were addressing her hands. “Well you two need to behave yourselves. Remember that Lois can’t break stories from a jail cell.” Then he paused as if in thought, then addressed her hands again. “At least it’s a lot harder.”
Ahahahahaha! Oh Clark, you are TOO cute!

But gee, why would anyone think that they are dating, holding hands and all?

Her fleeting look around the room had caught Madge nodding her head with what looked like a satisfied smirk on her face.
Ooooh, maybe Lois will figure out that SHE is the one who is suppossedly dating Clark!

The instant she’d seen that look on Madge’s face a while ago, Lois had a sneaking suspicion that she herself might be Clark’s supposed significant other.
Oh yay! Nice!

“What do you mean, the way we act? We haven’t been sneaking into the storage room.” Lois could hear her irritation leaking back into her voice.
Oh but you *should* be Lois. devil

“Clark is always friendly. But you must have noticed that there is his everyone else voice and his Lois voice.”
I just adore this line.

Then she remembered the other night. “That was why you called Clark’s apartment to reach me.”
*in my best Tempus voice* DUH!

But this was Clark. Somehow that was enough to make a difference.
Oh just admit it Lois, you're smitten with him! laugh

Loved this part! Although I thought for sure Lois was going to confront Clark over who he is supposed to be dating, denials on Clark's part, disbelief and anger on Lois' part.

Anyway, glad Lois figured it out. Can't wait for part 3!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#80217 06/27/11 05:48 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
So cute! thumbsup

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#80218 06/27/11 06:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well done! More soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#80219 06/27/11 09:28 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm loving this story! Very well-crafted, even if it might not be the most complex. smile

That Jimmy--who is not known for his powers of perception--is the one pointing out all these things just makes it clearer that this is something very easily seen by everyone else.

I've always known that anyone could tell Clark is in love with Lois just by watching him--and listening to him wink --but I love how you explained it here with the differences in his tone. I can't wait to find out how they think of Lois's differences around Clark.

And I'm very relieved that she figured out she's the mystery girl and didn't get too upset with Clark!

Can't wait for the next part!

#80220 06/28/11 01:25 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Interesting. I had figured that Lois wouldn't realize she was 'the girlfriend' until part three at the earliest. That means there are three parts left for her to get her head and heart aligned. Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

Joy,
Lynn

#80221 06/28/11 04:10 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved this part too!

And the everyone else voice and the Lois voice was awesome smile1

smile

#80222 06/28/11 07:59 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I ditto the above. thumbsup
Can't wait for more!

EvelynC
#80223 06/28/11 04:33 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks everyone. I am so pleased that this story is working.

As for Clark's Lois voice.
Sometime around 1994 (interestingly enough, right when LnC was still in first run) I had an office in dense-pack cubicle land and shared a large multi-person cubicle with two other engineers. One day after I had finished a phone conversation with TFB, one of my cubemates asked how my Bev was. I asked how he knew I was talking to my her. He said, “Bob, everyone can tell who you are talking to as soon as you answer the phone. You have a Bev voice and an everyone else voice.” love

So there you go.

Bob

#80224 06/28/11 05:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww, that's sweet! I was going to quote the "Lois voice" line too - it's great.

#80225 07/07/11 08:39 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“There was a runaway tanker truck. Superman appeared and stopped it just before it plowed into school bus taking a group of elementary school kids to the Metropolis Natural History Museum.”
You don't kid around with cats and trees, huh?

“Lo-is,” he pleaded with a smile, “There are other ways to gather information.”
Uh... yah... But Jimmy's more versed in those. And besides, sitting in front of the computer hacking a firewall can't possibly be as exciting as a little B&E...

She lifted her hands up to make her point. “These are filled with talent for getting into locked places. How can I possibly let such skills go unused?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#80226 07/07/11 06:01 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Iolanthe:
I'm sure Clark's Lois voice is not nearly so noticeable as my Bev voice, but I bet it's there.

Michael:
You don't kid around with cats and trees, huh?
Not this time. That cat on the other side of Metropolis will just have to remain stuck. However, I will mention that way back in "The Return of Ultra Woman," Lois rescued a cat while she was making her introduction to the city.
Oh, so it's not going to be a story about jealous Mad Dog Lane? Just Lois figuring things out?
Yeah, pretty much. (I'll do better next time. smile )

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard