Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
So, what do you think? What ending did you come out with? Did anybody go through the story more than once to get different endings?

Also, if any of the links in the story don't work, could you please tell me here? I tried my best to make sure they all work, but there are a ton of links to keep straight in the story.

Top Banana
Top Banana
So much fun!! clap First time through I couldn't stop laughing--too cute! I followed Clark into the bathroom (naughty girl that I am wink ) And ended up with a Superman exclusive when I promised to keep his secret.

Second time through I followed Lois, and she lost the bet! laugh

LOVED this! Such a cute idea! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What fun! My first choice through found me going with Clark and discovering, but keeping, his secret. I have just finished going through all of the paths using a slightly modified depth-first search approach. All of the links do work.

If you decided to do any more of these stories -- especially if the stories are designed in a way that knowledge of specific episodes will NOT help us choose our course -- then I will happily read them. I loved the choose-your-own-adventure books when I was a child (lo these many years ago), and I just discovered from your story that a part of me has never outgrown them.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Okay, on my first play-through, I couldn't resist blabbing to the world that Clark was Superman. clap

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lots of fun! clap

Yes, I first ratted out Superman / Clark and ended up world's hated person, too. I knew it was a bad choice but made it anyway. Then I had to go back and see where else I might end up.

I love the CK, shirt undone, floating on the ceiling of the bathroom. "It's not what you think. I'm not Superman. Ok. I am Superman." notworthy

Great Job!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This was so much fun! I went through every single option just for kicks!

Man, I loved these stories when I was young. I still do! Awesome! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laurach wrote:

What a cute idea! Fun!
I've deleted your fdk from the end of the story post, Laura.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was so much fun!

First time around, I went with team Lois and she lost the bet! That was such fun! And the second time around, I went with Clark, and kept his secret and then outed his secret.

That was such a GREAT idea! Thanks! laugh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh that was a lot of fun!! Thank you!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Funny & so clever! Who knew there were so many possibilities in that one episode? The first time through, I wound up taking the map off Lois's desk and wandering the sewage reclamation facility. LOL! I had to go back and try out all the different endings, too. My favorite is the one where Clark becomes your friend and gives you a bunch of exclusives. Haha! Nice.

Molly
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I’m glad everyone liked it and thought it was fun. I know I had fun writing it. I'd actually considered doing something like this for a while, but the thought of all of the work of creating several alternate story-lines kept me from actually writing this for some time. It seemed like it might be an overwhelming project to take on. I'm glad I finally got around to doing it, though.

I might do another one like this at some point. I'm not sure yet. If I do, it might be another adventure set in a particular episode, or I might try an original one that's not set in a particular episode. There are a few different ideas in my head that I might try.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard