OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback here please. smile1

Bob

#80169 06/26/11 02:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL cute, they obviously think he is dating Lois. Nice job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#80170 06/26/11 03:14 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Ditto everything Laura said. This is a fun set up for what promises to be a most amusing story.

I enjoyed your conversation with your muse, by the way. Unfortunately my muse seems to be taking lessons from your muse. Actually, she seems to have exceeded the master. She only doles out a single story idea at a time, and until it has been written up and posted to the MB, she won't hand me another idea.

Thanks for posting this on a daily basis. Not too long to wait between parts.

Joy,
Lynn

#80171 06/26/11 03:58 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As Lois hung up the phone, she wondered why Jimmy would be so sure he’d find her with Clark.
rotflol Clever Jimmy knows all!

“Is Clark Kent coming?” the blonde asked. “I’ve been dying to get to know him outside of work.”

“No. Like I said, no one who’s in a relationship,” Madge responded.
rotflol Well yeah, everyone is going to assume they are dating! laugh

The other woman cut her off. “If he ever breaks up there’ll be a wall of us around his desk,” she said laughing.
And tons of us fangirls too!!!! laugh

Love this so far! Looking forward to even more chapters!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#80172 06/26/11 04:34 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Clever idea! It will be fun to see how you develop this.

Joan

#80173 06/26/11 04:57 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad to see this up, Bob. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
#80174 06/26/11 05:11 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful start. Clearly Lois is going to miss the obvious and think that Clark's disappearances are to meet his girlfriend.

Framework4
#80175 06/26/11 05:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great start! I notice that the ladies chatting in the rest room cleverly didn't say *who* Clark was in a relationship with. Now Lois will have to wonder.

What will it take to get her to understand that it's herself?

#80176 06/26/11 06:49 PM
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Oh. Poor Lois. She really can be galactically clueless. The only ones she ever fooled are herself and most of the time Clark.

#80177 06/26/11 07:55 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I enjoyed this beginning! I always think it's fun to stop and consider what everyone else must think of the things that happen in Lois and Clark's life!

I had to laugh at the opening scene at Clark's apartment--Clark's solicitousness with the phone call, Jimmy's replies, and Lois's confusion! smile

I'm already starting to feel a bit sorry for the trouble he's going to get into when Lois decides to either investigate or confront him about this 'girlfriend!'

Looking forward to the rest!

#80178 06/26/11 11:40 PM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Oh, this should be such fun!

I also loved the premise (and the proposed posting schedule laugh ).

Cannot wait for part 2 smile1

smile

#80179 06/27/11 05:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm sorry that your 'packages' have been delayed. Remember don't blame the messenger (deliveryman) if you ever want them to arrive in the future. laugh

Something To Talk About... is such a great song and perfect for L&C.

But Clark seemed to take Perry’s rejection of the story more to heart. More than once since then when they’d teamed on an investigation, Clark had insisted that she get more facts before taking the story to Perry. She had to admit that in this element of story preparation, he was right more often than wrong.
This describes Clark so well. He would take Perry's usual critisim to heart. I'm glad he makes them better reporters because of it. smile1

In her rush to get a quick start, she’d consumed more coffee than even her system was used to.
A whole pot? I thought Lois lived on coffee and pastrami and had a cast iron stomach.

rotflol Lois overhearing the gossip. If it's gossip around the office, Clark has probably already heard it. I wonder what he thinks of the rumors and when -- as we all know she will -- Lois confronts him about his girlfriend whether or not he'll tell her about the rumors he had to have heard.

I'm chomping at the bit waiting for more.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#80180 06/27/11 05:49 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love it!! Can't wait for more, so thanks for your lovely posting schedule. smile1

EvelynC
#80181 06/27/11 03:26 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
smile1 I love feedback!! smile1

Re: My muse…
I really didn’t want to work on this story. I have been almost desperate to work on one of my alt-beginning ideas. However, once I got this idea in my head I couldn’t get past it. A few weeks ago I was sitting in front of my workstation trying to write just one paragraph on either “Congo” or “Pub” but it was like this voice whispering in my ear, “Something To Talk About would be so easy!” I just kept hearing that over and over. So here it is.

Framework4 said:
Delightful start. Clearly Lois is going to miss the obvious and think that Clark's disappearances are to meet his girlfriend.
dizzy

Thank you all for your comments. Act 2 is now up.
Bob

#80182 07/01/11 01:27 AM
Kerth
Kerth
First - it's great to have you posting a story again, Bob.

Second - I loved the start, particularly this ...

His disappearances were annoying, but she was coming to grips with the idea that with Clark, mysterious exits and cheesy excuses were part of the package.
Nicely put ... and even with the mysterious exits and cheesy excuses, he's still a nice package!

Corrina.

#80183 07/07/11 08:30 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

my encounter with my muse went something like this:
Hilarious clap

Lois didn’t even pretend not to listen as Clark continued. “Hi Jimmy. Yeah, Lois is here. Just a second.”

Clark offered her the phone. “It’s Jimmy for you.”
Yes, I can see how a rumor cold get started this way laugh

“No trouble. I called your apartment. When you didn’t answer, I figured you’d be at Clark’s. Well, goodnight.”
Or, already has. Makes you wonder just how often Lois drives home when it's gotten really late angel-devil

“Well, we didn’t invite anyone in a long-term relationship. After all, the whole point of a mixer is to meet other available people,” Madge answered.

“Is Clark Kent coming?” the blonde asked. “I’ve been dying to get to know him outside of work.”

“No. Like I said, no one who’s in a relationship,” Madge responded.
Ooooooooo

The door closed, cutting them off. They both seemed awfully sure about Clark. Who was he seeing, and how could it be that she didn’t know who this mystery woman was?
They have mirrors in the ladies' room, right?

/off to part 2!/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#80184 07/07/11 05:43 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, Corrina.
Thanks for the note. I'm hoping that I can get my muse back on a more regular schedule again.

Michael:
I'm glad you enjoyed the muse story.
They have mirrors in the ladies' room, right?
smile

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard