Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Well, that's it. cool

Patrick made a good point in his FDK for part 21 about the possibility of a sequel, but after nearly eight months, I need a break from this story, and I have no plans to re-visit it any time soon.

Thanks to everyone - BRs, readers, FDKers - for your interest in my fic. I'm jump that you enjoyed it.

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now, this feels like an ending! Everything (basically) has been resolved. Strings gathered and tied together beauitfully. Happiness and a wedding. Closure. Perry White and the Daily Planet. laugh All that was missing was Jimmy. frown

I kept expecting Michael's prediction of baby news, but alas, it was not meant to be... Yet. Perhaps in a year or two, once they've settled in Metropolis and had some time as the two of them.

It's amazing how you've brought these characters out of such a dark 'cell' in their lives and into the sunlight. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love the bow that you just tied on TMTY. It shows just how original this story was for all of us readers and puts hope back in the hearts of the jaded who are going through something that looks like it is going to ruin the rest of their lives.

Just a thought to put in the back of your mind: Clark now has sisters, his Mom has a new life, Lois needs a job at the Daily Planet (she can't write steamy books the rest of her life), and there needs to be a few little Kents in the future. If those nuggets don't spark a few ideas, then I guess we will have to be satisfied with this story as it is today. This gentle story begs for a sequel.

Thanks for this story. It was so loving and inspired so much hope for our world. If we all could learn the lessons of forgiveness that Clark learned in this story, what a wonderful world we would live in.

Pat

Merriwether
Merriwether
Whew, that was a fun, if sometimes tough, ride! I enjoyed it. The epilogue wrapped everything up nicely. And now we know why someone like Ruby was working for the Planet. I knew it didn't sound like something Perry would approve!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
Everything tied up so nicely.

Things I loved:
* Martha & Evan getting married. I'm still very sad about Jonathan but it was great to see them happy.
* Menzies and his wife being able to have a real life and vacation together... finally!
* Clark getting the job at the Planet.
* Clark giving up 1 million dollars - only Superman could do that!
* So glad all the Kryptonite is destroyed but what about when Lord Nor arrives.... Eep!

Things I'm still curious about:
* What will Lois do in Metropolis in the mean time? I'm assuming her published book would make her a shoo-in at the Planet.
* Who was the nurse that Scardino got engaged to? Anyone from the series? I don't recall a girlfriend ever being mentioned.
* How did Smallville react to the return of Martha - thanks for the Irig scene.
* So Lois & Clark are going to live at her dad's house? Is her dad still in the nursing home?

Thanks for such a wonderful story Corrina! I LOVE long (and completed) fics!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Top Banana
Top Banana
Less than two hours later, all of the green pebbles were gone.

The earth had no means of protection against invading aliens.

But they had Superman. And Eric figured they were in safe hands.
Yay for getting rid of the K!

"They've accepted my application to continue my journalism course," he said. "And they've agreed that I can study by correspondence."
Yay #2 for Clark going to journalism school! clap

Thanks Corrina for your wonderful work on this story! You took us on a great journey that was elegantly crafted and had so much heart!

Thanks for the ride! notworthy

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
The epilogue was great; a nice ending and wrapping up!

Everybody has basically said what I want to say:
- Yay for Martha and Evan and that Clark was Clark about the whole situation
- It was great that Ruby worked at a waiter and Perry would never have published her stories in the Daily Planet
- The establishment of the Superman Foundation in the way in happened here was great (and I agree, only Clark would be able to give up US$ 1 million)
- and I really liked the scene with Layla's POV

Overall, it is sad to see this end - it has been a part of our lives for so long; however, I do understand about you needing to move on to something else. If you do ever decide to write the sequel, I'd love to read it laugh

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, let's see...

The Good:
/starts quoting from Junction part 1 and realizes that while Corrina might not have cracked the limit at 9k words, quoting all of TMTY might be a bit excessive/

As for the Bad:
confused
Yeah, um, sorry, didn't find any blush

/goes off to look for real FDK/

"There's a signed statement from the head of the Metropolis Police Department declaring that I was in no way involved in the deaths of Philip Deller and John Bortolotto," Clark said. "And there's a letter from the President of the United States thanking me for diverting the asteroid and officially welcoming me to the planet."
Ah, so that was the loose ends. Now that you mention it, there was something to that regards a couple dozen parts ago...

Maggie hugged her friend tighter, sending silent thanks heavenwards that her prayers had been answered.
I really liked the way you put in a lot of POVs, one for each period. It gave us such a nice wholesome wrap around all the dangling threads.

"Well, I see it like this," Eric said. "I have no children and never will. Scardino might have children one day, but he hasn't yet. You have two daughters. You have the best reason for safeguarding the future of this planet. You have the most to lose if we get it wrong."
Nicely done.

And the research continued.
clap

"He told me that if I hurt you, he will come after me. Knowing who he is, I probably should be scared."
laugh

Her dad was in love with Martha Kent.
Aww the Christmas stuff was sweet clap

"Very good news," he said. "Have you booked the ski trip yet?"
Sounds like he finally found peace. And I'm with the others: Who's the nurse in Philly? I kept expecting you to mention Mayson, but clap So, is Lois going to stay a writer? I'd guess so. Even if she's going to tag along with Clark when he's investigating.

Corrina, thank you for a lot of fun hours and a great couple of months clap It's been an awesome ride. And now, you've got to shoe Go onwards to his next suggestion spider wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! What an awesome ride with such twists dizzy and turns, so original, as usual from you.

And thank you for such a wonderful wrap-up. party

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent wrap-up. Did I happen to mention that I loved this story? hyper

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What an unbelievable ride! 5 kinds of thank yous for taking us through a prison horror story to a happily ever after!

JD
dance squad:
dance dance dance dance dance dance dance dance

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Beautiful job all around. This will remain one of my favorite fics. I love how you tied up all the lose ends so sweetly and from different peoples points of view. Loved every part of it. Laura thumbsup

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina knows this already but I was just thinking about what's going to happen to everyone (and note, this is my speculation and totally *not* something that Corrina says):

Martha will be happy with Evan in Smallville. They'll raise the kids with lots of love.

Abi will learn how to knit. (Martha will teach her.)

After a year or so in Smallville, Layla will go to Metropolis to pursue her fashion designing career. (She might actually live in Sam's house while she goes to school in Metropolis, giving her a place to stay and giving Lois and Sam a tenant so that the house isn't empty.)

Layla be wildly successful as a fashion designer. In fact, whenever Phoebe Menzies goes out to an event (as wife of the executive director of the Superman Foundation, she and her husband will be attending a lot of events), she will wear Layla Shadbolt couture.

Eric Menzies will run the Superman Foundation and get it on a good footing. He'll feel much happier now that he's building up good karma points. He'll take frequent vacations with Phoebe and their marriage will gain new life.

Longford will remain happily retired. He'll cut out Daily Planet articles about Superman and paste them in a scrapbook.

Dan Scardino will become a career bureaucrat.

Ruby Rhodes will fail as a waitress.

Clark Kent, of course, will become an award-winning reporter at the Daily Planet.

And Lois? Well, who knows? Canon says that she becomes a reporter, too, but this isn't the canon world. And Lois is always surprising!

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
wow.

thank you for the ride of the year!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a great way to finish off this amazing journey. I was chuckling to myself reading the epilogue recalling when I opened 'Bridge' way back in November thinking, "oh let me check out this completed 8 part story". Little did I know what I was getting into! I feel a slight void at the thought of no more TMTY - it has consumed my thoughts for so long! Thanks for carrying us through to such a satisfying ending for all the characters and especially Lois & Clark. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, well what could I add that your addicted readers didn't say ? I'm going to repeat them !
Thank you Corinna for this amazing journey through "Trusting me trusting you" !
You entertain us, make us feel so completely concern about Lois & Clark's situation. You make them so real, alive, full of desire, of will and sadness ! I'm going to miss them (hope it's right, you see the meaning) !!

I'm a little divided about Evan and Martha's relationship, but finally Evan is not really a bad guy.
I'm not sure in real life I will be so tender about Eric's act and position concerning the way he handled Clark's situation. But it's for the best I think.

So thank you again for those past months. I hope you will keep going with others fascinating and marvelous stories.

Yours, Hannah.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well done, Corrina. The epilogue neatly wrapped up the story and gave the readers a glimpse into Lois and Clark's future.

Still find it hard to imagine Martha with anyone else but Jonathan, but the scene where she shares her feelings on that matter with Clark really drove the point home that life does go on and those with such generous hearts (such as Jonathan, Martha and Clark) really would want their surviving spouses to find happiness and love again.

Also thought bringing Jonathan's body back to Smallville so he could be truly laid to rest was awesome and a touching moment in the story.

Kept expecting Lois to announce she was pregnant but the way you have concluded TMTY was just perfect.

Thank you for such an incredible ride! thumbsup clap

So looking forward to the next story you post. smile

Cheers
Elizabeth

Merriwether
Merriwether
thumbsup

Brava, Corrina! I hope you grace us with another story soon, because I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself until you do! hyper

Kathy

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Virginia Re Jimmy missing - he might be there, just Clark hasn't met him yet. smile

Pat
Clark now has sisters, his Mom has a new life, Lois needs a job at the Daily Planet (she can't write steamy books the rest of her life), and there needs to be a few little Kents in the future. If those nuggets don't spark a few ideas
/Goo pops up his head, packs ideas away in his big bag of possibilities, tries to look nonchalant./

Karen It was a tough ride at times - I'm glad it was fun, too.

Stephnachia

Things I'm still curious about:
* What will Lois do in Metropolis in the mean time? I'm assuming her published book would make her a shoo-in at the Planet.
* Who was the nurse that Scardino got engaged to? Anyone from the series? I don't recall a girlfriend ever being mentioned.
* How did Smallville react to the return of Martha - thanks for the Irig scene.
* So Lois & Clark are going to live at her dad's house? Is her dad still in the nursing home?
* I imagined that, as Clark's stories became more investigative in nature, his wife's experience and tendency towards curiosity would naturally lead to a work partnership - perhaps unofficial at first, but Perry would quickly realise the potential. laugh

* The last we saw of Scardino, he was sent to Philadelphia to check out nursing homes in search of Martha. Guess he found someone else!!

(no - no one from the series.)

* Probably with great excitement. The Irig scene was just a taste of it.

* Yes, Lois and Clark were moving into her dad's home in Metropolis. One of the tough decisions following a stroke is whether a person could ever return home. Deciding that won't ever happen - and therefore selling the home - is a heartwrenching decision. LnC moving in gave them longer before that decision had to be made. And Sam continues to improve, so it's looking hopeful.

MM Yay for all the Yays!!

DW I'm glad you liked the Layla POV scene - she is, after all, Superman's seamstress!

Michael Thanks for the Good/Bad assessment!

How did this come to be?
I think both Martha and Clark would have felt they owed Phil Deller, who probably lost his life trying to help Clark. I thought it was a Clark thing to do to take an interest in the fatherless child. As for knowing his name, Clark could have asked Eric.

Evelyn Thanks, Evelyn. smile

Vicki

So..... what's next?
Goo and I are having a lovely time 'dabbling' (that's Lynn's word smile ) - four files open, a scene here, a scene there. I have two finished stories, but I'm not completely happy with either of them. So - the answer is wink ... I don't know!!

Jen

through a prison horror story to a happily ever after!
Wow! You summed up the entire story in ten words!!

Laura I'm glad you decided to stick with the story even though the beginning wasn't your sort of thing.

Iolanthe Thanks for posting your musings - I was going to suggest you did!

And Lois? Well, who knows?
Exactly. I left her with the possibility of becoming a novelist, and there was also Eric's offer of returning to the agency. And with Clark already there, she could end up at the DP!

Sarah Glad you enjoyed the ride!

Emily Yeah. I started writing TMTY within a day of finishing Aussie Rules, and I just didn't want to admit to myself that it was going to be a looooooooooong story. So, I cut it into four loooong parts!!

Hannah Eric and Evan certainly made some mistakes - but they tried to make up for them.

Elizabeth

Still find it hard to imagine Martha with anyone else but Jonathan,
I wasn't sure until nearly the end whether I would hint that Evan and Martha got together or state it. We are so used to Martha being with Jonathan.

Also thought bringing Jonathan's body back to Smallville so he could be truly laid to rest was awesome and a touching moment in the story.
When I sent the epilogue to the BRs, that scene wasn't included. I added it just a day or so before posting. I think it was needed to help readers accept the Martha/Evan marriage.

Kathy I don't think it *needs* a sequel, but the scope is there.

Giving Abi (whose own mom had walked out when she was a baby) Martha for a mom was something I enjoyed doing. I figure Martha would still have plenty to give a child.

I've said it before, but I want to say again how much I appreciate the wonderful response to TMTY. Thanks to everyone who came on this journey with me. sloppy Thanks for trusting me enough to keep reading even when things looked so horribly bad.

Corrina.

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I am late and haven't responded for quite a while, but I never stopped reading this story! I'm going to have to agree with quite a few on here that this will be one of my top favorite fics. I'm moving very slowly on one of my own stories, and you have helped inspire a few elements in it smile I thank you for all of the work you have put into this piece of fiction. I haven't minded the dark moments of the story. They are what make the sweet moments all the more special, and build character and depth.

You are a wonderful writer!! thumbsup

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard