Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What an incredible journey you have taken us on, and we still have a LOOOOOOOONG epilogue to look forward to! Yay!

This part (as were all of them, of course) was so wonderfully written and I enjoyed every word. So many of the lines of dialogue were thought-provoking and I thought Martha's actions and words were so 'Martha'. Simply loved the fact that Clark had taken to his 'Fortress of Solitude' treehouse... and especially the fact that Martha instantly knew he'd be there. That was the icing on the cake! Wonderful stuff!

Really looking forward to the epilogue; while it is great that we are now at the completion of Lois and Clark's journey, and that love finally won out over evil, it is also sad that TMTY is coming to an end. It has been a very addictive and enjoyable story that has been a part of our lives for so long now. How will we live without it?! Hope you've got another story or two in the pipeline!! smile

Cheers
Elizabeth

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well done.
An interesting and original idea which was well thought out and executed very well.

The main characters maintained their core personalities within a very different environment and the magic that is Lois and Clark together was still able to shine through and overcome the challenges life presented them.

I've gotten into the habit of not giving a lot of feedback on continuing stories. For that, I apologise to all the gentle writers out there in the fandom.

I have followed, and enjoyed, this story since the beginning and can only marvel at the consistant excellance throughout.

Looking forward to the epilogue.

Tank (who thinks that the only thing that could have improved this story would have been a proper haircut for Lois... but then he thinks that about all stories)

Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
There's so much quoting material in this section!!!! But before I get to that, WOWWWWWWW. That was an amazing ride, Corrina. I had my reservations at first, but it turned out to be a really really great story. And we still have an epilogue to look forward to! hyper

"You poor girl," Martha said, stepping up to Lois and enfolding her in her arms.
I love Martha's reaction. I love how forgiving she is, despite what her family has been put through. And mostly, I really like how she immediately welcomes Lois into her family.

Lois jolted back from Martha's shoulder. "H...how can it be all r...right?" she cried. "I've hurt him, and he'd already been hurt so much. I lied to him. I told him you were dead."

"What other choice did you have?" Martha asked gently. Her smile peeked out. "You are perfect for my boy," she said. "But you're both going to have to learn to stop taking responsibility for things that aren't your fault."
Always sooo wise

"You are the one who loves him," Martha said. "You are the one who accepts him. You are the one who put her heart on the line to prove to him that being different isn't a life sentence of isolation." She took Lois's left hand in hers and looked at the rings. "You are the one who married him."
You know what? I think I'd finish a lot sooner if I just said that I love Martha. Period. laugh

Martha hugged Lois and then turned towards the door. Evan stepped into her path. "No," he said. "You can't go. The moment you first see Clark should be special for both of you. *I'll* go."
Know what else? I love Shadobolt too. You have a great hability to create new characters that are welt built, consistent and very likeable. You can even turn some (like Scardino) into likeable laugh

"They both deserve a hell of a lot more than you're giving them."
Can't we keep him around? I reaaaally like him!

Evan smiled. "I thought you knew Lois," he said.

Clark almost smiled. "I do," he said.

"Then don't ask stupid questions."
Best sentence and probably my favorite scene in this whole part. Hands down

"Met her, fell in love with her, and was completely swept off my feet by my son's good fortune," Martha said.
I did say there was a lot of quoting material here... and that I love Martha.

"She's your wife, Clark. She's waiting for you in the bedroom. That might not tell you where to start, but it should certainly give you some idea of where to finish."
I'm almost surprised she didn't offer to draw him a diagram...

"Let me," she whispered into his mouth. "Let me."
After all the many parts and having already declared my love for some of your characters, there's just one thing I'd like to add. I'm sure it's been said by mostly everyone, but... What I've really found to be the best part of this fic is how your Lois always seems to know exactly what Clark needs. So that makes this final scene a perfect wrap up, because it shows that very thing really clearly: it's the story's essence: a haunted Clark and a Lois that seems to know just what to do, what to say, how to help.

Really looking forward to that epilogue! Thanks for a very enjoyable ride!!

Cris
Merriwether
Merriwether
Words kind of fail me when I try to describe how much I've enjoyed this story. It started off so incredibly *horrible*, with everything that had happened and was happening to Clark. Yet you really did manage to make it, above all else, an inspiring story. My hat is off to you; you're amazing.

(We'll pause here for the big "I love you, man!" hug. thumbsup

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank (who thinks that the only thing that could have improved this story would have been a proper haircut for Lois... but then he thinks that about all stories)
You know, Tank, I bet that Corrina really meant to cut Lois's hair when she and Clark were escaping from the prison cell and getting out of Metropolis. I bet she just forgot to tell you. laugh

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Emily

Loved the way they came full circle
Thanks. I started with Clark in prison (well, worse than that) and finished with him free and in bed with Lois - that's always good. laugh

Pat

The end of TMTY?
I know! I sit down at my computer and have to *think* about which file to open!!

for making this love story such a wonderful trip through anxiety and pain to love, trust and finally forgiveness.
I really appreciate that comment. smile I know it could have seemed as if all the horror at the start was just there to shock, but this was a love story, and the theme was never the power of hate, but the power of love.

(Which is basically what you speculated in FDK for the prologue clap )

Laura

I will have to be careful not to get sucked in to any of your other stories until they are finished.
I understand completely what you're saying, but when a story is this big, it's hard to get it all written before beginning to post. And of course, once I start to post, my time is split between writing, editing, and posting.

I'll try to contain my eagerness to start posting a new story so there will be a shorter gap between parts.

Thanks for all of your wonderfullly encouraging FDK, Laura.

Amy Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Patrick You make really good points, and in some ways the fic seems set up for an alien invasion to happen. Writing a sequel is not on my horizon. I have four other stories I want to get to first, and one day I should get back to the Weekend in Smallville series.

Virginia Having all of his memories crash around him made Clark revert back to the 21 year old who had been captured - the young man with very little experience with women. But he came through that - with a little help!

LCfan99

That was SOOO emotional!
I'd rather write feelings and dialogue than action. Goo seems better at that!

Thanks, Iolanthe smile

MM

The inner battle was well-chosen for the ending!
Thanks. I knew I was basically heading in that direction, but one day about a month ago, Goo had the idea to finish with some bedroom therapy.

Thanks, Lynn

Lola

hope you plan on sticking around for a while
That's my plan, but a muse is a fickle thing!

I'm glad you liked the ride, even though it was a bit bumpy sometimes.

DW

So happy Clark finally came to his senses and the talk with Evan was great!
I needed ways for Evan to redeem himself. That talk made Clark's reaction in the epilogue more believable.

choucky Thank you!

Jesse I am in awe of people who can write in a second language! Thank you for letting me know you enjoyed my fic.

I have to take my son to school, so I'll finish replying to all the lovely FDK later.

Corrina.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Back again ...

Vicki I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it, Vicki. Most of the time, I enjoyed writing it (although there were times of rotflol

Elizabeth I hadn't even mentioned the tree house until this part, but that's the advantage of writing fanfic - you can pull things from nowhere without any explanation, and the readers can follow easily.

Tank

the magic that is Lois and Clark together was still able to shine through
That's what I was hoping for smile

Sorry, no hair cut. I leave those to you!

Cristina

I love Shadobolt too.
That's good because I was really nervous about allowing him to marry Martha.

What I've really found to be the best part of this fic is how your Lois always seems to know exactly what Clark needs.
That was easier to do because Clark's needs were so obvious (unlike canon where Lois didn't know about his identity issues for so long.)

Kathy

Yet you really did manage to make it, above all else, an inspiring story.
Thanks. My worry at the start (when things were horrible) was that I *wouldn't* be able to achieve that.

I LOLed at your FDK in 19!

Iolanthe I did think about it when Lois kept wearing all those wigs!

Thanks to everyone for such wonderful FDK.

Corrina.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard