Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
So - that's it. I know there are ends to tie up - that's what the epilogue is for. laugh

A massive thank you to my three BRs - Iolanthe, Deja Vu, and Lynn. They all improve my stories - and they all do it in different ways. I appreciate their time and enthusiasm more than I can express. clap clap clap

Thanks also to every person who stuck with this story. I know it started with some horrible events, but I really wanted to show the strength of the love between Lois and Clark - that it could overcome even the most horrific of situations.

Thanks particularly to those who left FDK. FDK is always great, but in a long story, it is particularly needed to help the poor author stick to the story when the ending seems so far away.

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OMG I checked on a whim and it's here!!! dance

*races off to read even though I have not yet commented on part 20*

Finished, *contented sigh*

Loved the way they came full circle and banished the demons in the end. Fantastic.

The reunion b/t Martha and Clark was equally touching. Loved Martha's last quip about make-up s- smile

So sad to see this story go, but happily fulfilled by the journey on which you took us. Thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait to see the looooooong epilogue.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my goodness!!! The end of TMTY? How can that be?

Corrina, words fail me. The harsh beginning, the falling in fobidden love, the escape, the birth of Superman, a wedding and now the happily ever after. You even managed to make Lois into a farmer's wife. How many impossible things could crowd into one story? This story had all the elements of an epic novel, condensed into 21 installments.

Thank you is so mild for expressing the emotion that this story evoked. Tell Goo he can go to footy games and we won't bug him (for a while.) I am in awe of someone who not only thinks of this stuff, but makes it live. There was not one false step in this story. It all flowed like it came out of you in one sitting. So, thank you for all your hard work, for all your patience when it took double effort to make the quality show, and for making this love story such a wonderful trip through anxiety and pain to love, trust and finally forgiveness.

Pat smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well said Pat and I concur! Wow what a truly moving and emotional roller coaster you have had me on. I haven't been this effected by a story since Long Strange Trip. It is monumental! I will have to be careful not to get sucked in to any of your other stories until they are finished. Waiting was torture! But the story was sooooo worth it.I am happy and sad at the same time, so see this one end. I am looking forward to the epilogue and I hope they convince Evan to forgive himself, the way Evan convinced Clark to go into his new life and cherish it. The ending was scary yet beautiful and we are all so glad the demon was shutup. Hopefully for good. Loved it! Despite that there were no nfic bits, I still loved it and it will remain one of my favorite of all time fics. Thanks again and Happy Birthday! Your fan forever, Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, Evan. You really need to listen to yourself when you're giving other people good advice.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. clap clap clap

Originally posted by Female Hawk:
So - that's it. I know there are ends to tie up - that's what the epilogue is for. laugh
rotflol

Sorry but there is way too much for a simple epilogue.

We really need a full sequel. After all Clark and his friends will need to deal with the Alien Invasion.

And clearly in this Alternative Universe Zara and Chang will arrive, not find a Clark "worthy" of ruling New Krypton. Lord Nor will of course decide a planet of Slaves to fulfill his every whim, especially the sexual ones, is just the thing he needs.

Clark is going to need all the Kryptonite he can locate and lots of help and support. Not only does he need to take back the Planet from the invaders, he needs to ship a huge number of humans to New Krypton to help establish a free society that will not be an ongoing threat to Earth.

The few thousand Kryptonians on New Krypton are too few to support a high tech society.

Clearly they need hundreds of thousands of immigrants to help fill all the niches needed to support a high tech society.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor Clark. So crushed. So hurt. So much still a little boy inside.

And for him to think Lois could stop loving him over a few angry words. <<sigh>> He never learns. Always making the same mistakes.

Life will be harder with all of his memories, but it will be more full as he will appreciate what he has more.

Thank you for a great story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow Corrina! That was SOOO emotional! This has been such a roller coaster ride. I'm sorry to see it end! However, I am excited to see two very deserving people get their happy ending.

Looking forward to the LOOOOOOONG epilogue!

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/sharpens pencil, looks around for Kerth Award ballot for Best Overall Story/

Top Banana
Top Banana
I just LOVE your Martha! clap The inner battle was well-chosen for the ending! Cause that was the heart of the story after all--Lois loving Clark no matter what--trusting that he was not a monster, but a man. And Clark trusting her to love him, and trusting himself that he was capable of loving...well done! clap clap clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by IolantheAlias: /sharpens pencil, looks around for Kerth Award ballot for Best Overall Story/
I agree. No pins will be needed to decide this category. Or the categories of Best Supporting/Original Character or Best Drama or Best Relationship or Best Alternate/Elseworld/Next Generation... Oh, wait. A story can only be nominated in three categories. I guess we'll need the pins, after all, to decide how to winnow the number of categories down to three. This story deserves to win *all* of the categories I just listed!

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
thud

This is how I feel after the ride I just got off of called Trusting Me, Trusting You. What a fabulous fic this was, from beginning to end!! I appreciate authors who dare to take LnC right to the skirts of the "forbidden" and eventually bring them right back to where they belong: in love, and loving it.

As Lynn mentioned, what a rollercoaster! But I have only myself to blame for checking back every few hours to see if a new post was uploaded (when posts were every third day), and was met with disappointment. You'd think I'd learn after 'Aussie'... :rolleyes:

I hope you plan on sticking around for a while and gracing us with more of your beautiful and well-written stories. Forever admired and forever a fan!!

Brava!
Lola

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was awesome and excellent and sheer brilliance!

I loved the ending (and I am still eagerly awaiting the epilogue too!) clap clap clap

I figured that Evan wouldn't stay, but he clearly should take his own advice; even though I can understand him wanting to give the trio time together.

So happy Clark finally came to his senses and the talk with Evan was great!

The reunion was sweet and the last scene was inspiring about how Lois' love "took away" (or drowned out rather) Moyne's words.

clap clap clap clap clap

Thanks for the great ride! Though I am going to miss my addiction - whatever will I do now with my time (instead of checking the boards hundreds of times a day in hope for a update ...)

smile

Blogger
Blogger
It was so beautiful... notworthy

Que serais-je sans toi qui vins à ma rencontre ...
J
Blogger
Blogger
J
I am not very good at writing and english is not my first language. But I want you to know how much I have appreciated this story, from the beginning to the end, it was a wonderful suspense, an incredible love story and a real addiction.
Like everybody else I was checking very often for updates. I am looking forward to the epilogue and possible a sequel. There would be so much to say
and discover how Lois and Clark end up moving, working at the Daily Planet and even having kids.

Thanks for the depth of your writing and your light on human emotions.

Happy Birthday Corinna.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Beautiful! I cannot thank you enough for writing and posting this story. You are a powerful writer whose stories speak directly to the heart. Very well done. clap

I hope you (and your son) had a wonderful time celebrating your birthdays. party

God bless,
Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, don't hate me but I started reading this about mid-way through and was delinquent in fdking so then just figured it would be embarrassing to start fdking now so just lurked and now I can't hold it in anymore and I need to let you know how much I loved this story!! Please forgive my lurkiness!

GREAT story. Amazing. Superb. Phenomenal. I can't WAIT for the epilogue!!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
What a wonderful, beautiful wrap up to a fantastic story. Loved the whole amazing journey. notworthy

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow. And Thank You.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Panic pulsed through Lois's veins. What was she going to do? How was she going to explain Clark's disappearance?
L: "I... Ah... Clark... He's... gone..."
M: "He left you for your own good, didn't he"
L: "How...?"
M: "It's happened before. It's sort of a detect of him."

She had failed everyone.

She'd hurt Clark.

And because he had trusted her, the pain of her betrayal would probably go deeper than even that inflicted by Trask and Moyne.
She should definitely tell all that to Clark. Might confound him so much he won't even know how to take flight.

"Do you know where he is?" Martha asked.

"No," Lois said, fighting down her tears. "He stormed out this morning, and I haven't seen him since."

"You poor girl," Martha said, stepping up to Lois and enfolding her in her arms.
Martha's so... Martha clap

Martha turned to Evan. "You make a cup of tea for Lois," she said. "I'll go and talk to Clark."
Could Virgina have had it spot on?

"Of course he's not in the barn," Martha said. "He'll be in his tree house. That's where he always goes when he's upset."
clap

"I'm going outside to see if I can find any trace of my vegetable garden," Martha said. "It's horribly neglected. I'll be busy for at least three or four hours."

He seemed a little dumbfounded.

"Go," Martha said. "The best thing about a few angry words is the make-up s-"

But Clark was gone.
clap notworthy

I hope you've had a wonderful time out celebrating! And since this is only the penultimate part, I'll leave this thread now and wait sort of patiently for the epilogue.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard