Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
No preview of the final chapter, but I will get it to you as soon as I can. smile

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally, we get to find out what happened to Martha--and what a tale! I'm not surprised that she had eventually spent time in a place where she could be helpful--that's our Martha, no matter the circumstance...

I think you deftly handled Evan trying to explain his involvement and Martha simply wanting to move on. If there is anything between them, it will be a while down the road anyway, so no need to rush the full truth, if it ever does come out.

Eagerly waiting the final chapter--and an epilogue! laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Wait. That's a very ambiguous timeframe. this might even mean a year or two dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You handled this part of the story with perfection. Now we know what happened to Jonathan and Martha. I can only hope Clark calms down and comes home. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Eric took a large envelope from his attaché case and offered it to Martha. "This is for Clark," he said.
Wonder what's in the envelope? Photos of Jonathan and the Kent family, I hope.

"A few months later, Jonathan died," Martha said.
We had been warned, but whinging Jonathan, we miss you!

Well, it was good to know what happened to Martha, but a part with no L&C? I miss them. Where's Clark? When will he return? Does he REALLY not want to see his Mom after all this time? Can he ever forgive himself for treating Lois - who has done nothing but support him - the way he did. Cannot wait for the next part.

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
"...and in the event that you should see fire shooting out of the engines or a wing snapping off, there's an emergency microphone right here. It is connected to a speaker on the outside of the plane. Simple push this button here and yell 'Help, Superman!'".
rotflol Oh, Michael, you are too funny. Just what I needed to read after Martha's heartfelt description of her life post capture. Thank you.

And what's up with all this flushing of Kryptonite in stories today? There must be a better way to get rid of it. But pox to anyone who tries to take K from the sewers to use against Superman. Ugh. They deserve whatever illnesses they develop.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
hyper

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Much as I missed Lois and Clark, we needed this part. Well done.

I'm glad Evan tried to tell Martha his part in Clark's ordeal, and even more glad Martha cut him off.

I cannot wait to read part 21 (and the epilogue!)

Oh, and I forgot to tell you before that I liked the curtain of Clark's mind being torn apart. Whether intentional or not (and I assume they are, but even if they aren't) I just wanted to let you know that the occassional Biblical images employed in your stories do not go unnoticed or unappreciated. smile

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So Martha knows that Shadbolt didn't stop Moyne for seven years. But she still trusts him and connects with him, because she can see his grief. Because he's the man. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The tale of Jonathan and Martha was so wonderfully told and her calm and positive outlook on the future is sure to help Clark when he finally reunites with her. Forget the buttermilk, Clark, it's Martha who is good for what ails you! LOL

Bring on Part 21!

Cheers
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG-- this part left me trembling with heart palpitations. You've conveyed a great feeling of suppressed emotion and tension. I want to congratulate you on your literary skill.. I also want you to post the resolution so that I can finally relax!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
this chapter was amazing. Loved that Martha didn't suffer 'too' much at the hands of the government and am greatly looking forward to the last chapter. Then I'm going to read the whole thing all over again!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thank you so much for your reponse to this part.

I was a little worried on two counts. I'm not sure Martha's story is completely realistic, but I had already caused Clark so much suffering that I didn't want Martha to have suffered beyond what you already knew - being taken from her home, being separated from Clark, not knowing what had happened to him. And losing Jonathan, which you would have suspected.

I realise that is a lot, but it could have more like what Clark suffered, but I just didn't want to do that to her.

Secondly, I know you want to know what happens with Lois and Clark, and this chapter - although needed - could have felt like a delay.

So thanks smile

I'm not sure how the next couple of hours are going to pan out, but I'm going to do a final read of 21 now, and hope to get it to you within an hour or so.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
party party party

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
MM

Finally, we get to find out what happened to Martha
Iolanthe was asking about Martha 80 parts ago! And just about every part since. laugh

Michael

Sounds like Amish. But why wouldn't Martha mention them by name?
Because I didn't want to be that specific. Leaving it vague meant I didn't leave myself open to getting the detail wrong.

Laura There had to be an explanation for what happened to M&J - and I didn't want to slow down the time between the reunion and the end with an explanation to Lois or Clark. So I used Evan.

Virginia

Wonder what's in the envelope?
Just another loose end being tied up.

DW I tried to prepare everyone for Jonathan's death. A couple of times, I thought about giving him a surprise return, but I wanted to stay true to the story that was conceived in my mind all those months ago.

Vicki Thanks for noticing. Some are conscious; some are subconscious, and I get a surprise when someone mentions a similarity.

Amy
Because he's the man.
I have been concerned for most of this story that FoLCs would *hate* anyone other than Jonathan even thinking of Martha in that way. Your posts - from way back - were very reassuring.

Elizabeth

her calm and positive outlook
That is Martha, but I figured being in the 'simple rural community' could only have accentuated this trait.

Joy I'm so glad this didn't seem like a throw-away part to delay the resolution.

bellarase
Loved that Martha didn't suffer 'too' much
I wanted a happy ending, and hearing that really terrible things had happened to Martha was going to put a damper on that.

Then I'm going to read the whole thing all over again!
thud

Thanks for the party Elizabeth

Thanks everyone - as I said in the earlier post, sometimes I still worry about the reaction to a part, but I should know by now that FoLCs are great people to write for.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard