Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I know that was short, but I had to end it there. cool

Lois pulled up in front of the farmhouse and got out of the Buick. She looked to her right, expecting Clark to come from the barn to greet her.

He didn't.

She hurried into the barn. "Clark?"

There was no answer.

"Clark?" Lois turned from the barn and ran the short distance to the house, her feet driven by a gut that was suddenly nine-tenths of the way to panic mode.

He'd probably just gone inside to get a drink, she told herself. He would be all right. She'd been gone less than half an hour.
smile smile

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Evil, evil, evil! Get back here!

Excellent build up, I can't wait to see the fall out and resolution. Nice call with the globe.

Dying for more!

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ack!
grumble

Although I knew you would end us on the mother of all cliffhangers, I couldn't help but read this part as soon as possible.

I've been terrible at feedback, but I'm as addicted as anyone else to this story.

Poor Martha. Didn't Evan know that the Kryptonite would scare the poor woman out of her wits? And now what will he do, run after her and physically restrain her from leaving his house? He's going to give the poor woman a heart attack. I hope that she responds to her real name.

Poor Evan. He really is a decent man that life threw for a loop (or two). Now he has to own up to the fact that he was part of the operation that held Clark for so long and he did nothing about it until Lois came along. Oh, I hope that he can get Martha to stay and listen to the story of how a woman agent named Lois came along and broke Clark out of prison within the first week on the job. Martha might be a little more understanding about her new daughter-in-law.

Poor Lois. Her gut was telling her that she had to come clean after the Ruby incident and now it's too late. True, it's only been a few days (and what? Less than a month since she was assigned to the operation in Metropolis?), but it would have been so much better if Lois had been the one to tell him.

And most of all, poor Clark. Who can he trust now? And where did he go? Is he going to confront Lois or just fly away and hide?

Please post the next part tomorrow. Pretty, please? With an apple pie on top?
grovel

B

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
(Sorry about the double post. Having a rougher morning than I originally thought.)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my goodness! I just posted fdk to part 17 and I see 18 is already up. goofy Seriously, I am very much looking forward to the reunion. Assuming they can find Clark now. Don't tell me Martha showed up just as Clark went missing! dizzy

Nah, there are too few parts left for that. I do wonder where he is though, and more importantly, what's going through his mind?

Please don't keep us waiting too long! sloppy

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
We all knew today would come. We all knew that it would be hard on Lois, Clark & Martha. We were prepared, until this part came up. It is ironic that all of the lives changed in the same instant, as if the cosmic gods ran out of pixie dust. (Or Corrina and Goo ran out of excuses to prolong the moment.)

Okay, this was the mother of all boogers, and we are sitting on the edge of our seats to see how you smooth over all this with so few installments left. Don't leave us in limbo for too long, please. We all have ulcers and scars on our fingernails from this story. But I dare say that there was not one reader who wouldn't gladly do this whole thing over again. So, please put us out of our misery, Corrina, and post as soon as you can.

Thanks for this story. "Lois and Clark" would still be on the air if it had writers like this.

Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
When someone mentioned in FDK 17 that Mensies wanted the K to test Martha's reaction, I instantly thought, 'not good.' Martha's reaction was exactly right. I'd be running for the hills too. Evan just showed her a substance that essentially (when used by Trask) killed her husband and hurt her invulnerable son. What had he expected her to do? Say ' what are you doing with this?' casually? razz Evan, you will be alone for the rest of your life, because you certainly do not understand women!

Yea! Lois found a photo of Martha! Yea! whinging You know the truth. You found your globe and you know about the cell and that Lois was your guard and that she's been lying to you and that your parents were taken away and you don't know what happened to them and they could or not be alive. All at once. whinging Poor Clark! And you've flown away from the one person left to give you a hug... Lois.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
huh

Evan nodded slowly as comprehension filtered through his mind. Martha Kent was one of the very few people who would react to what looked like a harmless green pebble.
Waits expectantly...

With a deep breath, Clark put on his glasses and jumped down from the loft. He strolled out of the barn with his hands in his pockets. "Rachel," he said, trying to tailor his tone to the part he needed to play.
Argh, you keep switching and teasing and torturing us.

Without even looking in his direction, she turned and fled to the front door.
Oh boy. I'm wondering of Menzies is still outside. Also, you never said she's reached it. He might call her Martha. Or say that Clark's looking for her. But then, for all she knows, they might still have a hold over Clark in some way.

He watched as she drove away. He listened carefully, but he couldn't hear the distinctive purr of the Buick. Lois must still be visiting with Maggie.
For some strange reason I wondered if Lois and Rachel might have a car crash huh It's probably the worst possible thing that could happen. Or Martha storming outside and getting into the street in front of a bus. You do did already kill one guy by bus.

Lois pulled onto the road, her stomach feeling like a tightly knotted ball of razor wire.
Yes, haste and sherrif's car head on might be bad if they meet.

And he remembered everything.
So, good? Or bad. Well, the preview seems to indicate Arctic bad. But what do I know. And did I already ask for a quick appearance of the magical number 19?

Michael, who's fresh out of graemlins to insert grovelling here...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Oh my word!!! That was so evil!!! hyper

laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I fainted!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! What a way to leave the chapter!

Didn't expect the blue blanket in the crate, that was good! Expected the globe as I had reread the chapter in which you mentioned it was in the barn.

Please come back with more real soon!

Cheers
Elizabeth

PS - In case pleading helps, June 11th is my birthday so my birthday wish is for Part 19 to appear today! Is that a good enough excuse for an early post of the next part? LOL

smile1

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
jawdrop

Wowzers. I think I broke my refresh button waiting to see if the next part was done. Did NOT see the globe as the item that brought it all back. I don't think he'll be too upset with Lois. The only thing she fibbed about was the fact his parents were dead. And for all she knows they are. Everything else is omission, but I'm guessing it won't take too much time to get past it. Hope you post soon. I'm (im)patiently waiting for the next part. :-)

I heart Clark Kent.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Emily

Get back here!
I did! wink

Brenda

Didn't Evan know that the Kryptonite would scare the poor woman out of her wits?
Probably. But as I see agents, (which may not be realistic) their currency is information. To Eric and Evan, the most important thing was knowing if Esther was Martha. And it had to be achieved quickly. The green rock did that.

And incidently, working out how to prove that E=M was one of the hardest parts of the fic. Martha is too savvy to let it slip easily. It had to be something dramatic.

Vicki Good work re the barn. I looked for a place to slip a reminder into the story, but never found anywhere where it would seem natural.

Pat

It is ironic that all of the lives changed in the same instant,
The difficulty in writing the preceding parts was to time all the different aspects to arrive at one point together laugh

Sorry about the ulcers and scars - but thanks so much for the kind words.

Virginia Martha had a good plan. She realised that she would be one of thousands wanting to contact Superman. But when she saw the K, her reaction was automatic - which I imagine would be the difference between someone trained to work undercover and someone not trained.

Michael All those spiders, Michael!

The car crash idea is interesting. But that would have added a few more parts. By this stage, I was firmly set on the finish line.

DW Vegemite on bagels? Not so sure about that. wink Vegemite on toast with tomatoes - yum!

Laura But still managed to leave FDK clap

Elizabeth IIRC, Martha got the 'S' emblem out of a crate/box in the pilot.

Jen

I don't think he'll be too upset with Lois.
He needed some time to think about it. Lois arrived just a few minutes after he had remembered.

Thanks smile

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard