Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Clark looked around the barn again. The evidence clearly pointed to a time when this farm had been the focus of at least a couple of people. Half-empty paint cans - and gates or palings or doors painted the same colour. Well-used and carefully maintained tools.

It wasn't hard to imagine his childhood and the early years of adulthood.

His relationship with Evan, Eric, and Daniel, their knowledge of his origins, and the payment of the money - all that spoke of his life in more recent times.

But in the middle, there was a gap.

What had happened?

What had he been doing during that time?
smile

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You said it was going to come fast and you didn't disappoint. I hope they get Martha to trust them somehow. Looking forward to the rest. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you for such a quick post! Most appreciated! smile Keep up the momentum. smile1

Don't forget there is nothing like buttermilk for what ails you.
That line was pure genius! Loved it!

So looking forward to the next post!

Cheers
Elizabeth

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Have i mentioned yet that I absolutely love the new posting schedule? Well, I do.

Delightful part - I hope that Shadbolt can detain Martha (or Miss Wallace) long enough and that Lois will be able to get a good description of Martha (or, event better yet, a photo) from Maggie Irig.

Wonder what Eric is going to do with the little piece of green rock Moyne kept as insurance? Hope he will destroy it ...

I also loved Martha letter to Superman and the line about the buttermilk being good for what ails you was inspired smile

Cannot wait for part 18 smile1 although I am sad to see this end ...

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a nice thing to wake up to! hyper
Don't forget there is nothing like buttermilk for what ails you.
Ingenious. Now if Superman would only remember that his mother used to say that all the time... huh

Instead of turning, she stepped up him and rested her hand on his arm in a brief touch. "Take care," she said.
jawdrop

The house was silent. Esther rose from the bed, wanting to shower early enough that she didn't disrupt the morning routine of her host family.
So it's not just a name, it's an entire identity she's got there.

Eric Menzies arrived at Bessolo Boulevard and let himself into the huge warehouse.
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I thought the compound was on Bessolo Boulevard?

But, midflight, it had given up what Neville had hidden in its pages - a small pebble of green rock.
So, did he look for green K or just anything? And it will be quite interesting to see Ms. Wallace's reaction to the little stone.

But timing was still the issue.
Yes. And only 4+1 parts left. Other people squeeze an entire story in 5 parts. But now, it feels just so... short a time left eek

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
goofy Too bad Lois was using it as a distraction (in more ways than one.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can't believe there are only 4 parts left! *sobs* I want more, yet I don't b/c I don't want it to end. I'm so excited to see where all the players end up. Yikes about Moyne - so glad he's dead.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't think Eric will use the K against Clark, but maybe he will use it to see if Martha reacts to it as I am sure Trask would have had it in plain view when he disabled Clark with it during the capture seven years ago.

But will he also uncover some other interesting things, maybe photos or other personal items from the Kents? Maybe the famous crest of the House of El?

Can't wait for more!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I still don't trust Menzies...

the buttermilk reference was brilliant. I hope Clark remembers the good associations with it

Top Banana
Top Banana
Only 4 more parts! goofy

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura I thought everyone would prefer to get new parts rather than FDK-FDK. So now, I'm catching up smile

Elizabeth The buttermilk line was so the readers would know for sure that EW=MK!

DW Glad you liked the quick posting schedule. smile

Eric having green rock was a test - was he *really* committed to helping Clark?

Michael

I thought the compound was on Bessolo Boulevard?
The compound was behind the warehouse. The compound was razed to the ground. The warehouse - owned by the agency - is still there.

Virginia

Was Menzies looking for K? I thought he was looking for a photo of Martha? Is he still a bad guy in disguise? Why would he want to hurt Superman?
They are exactly the questions I was hoping would be raised by Eric's actions. smile

Emily Moyne was evil enough to leave trouble even after he'd died.

Elizabeth

I don't think Eric will use the K against Clark, but maybe he will use it to see if Martha reacts to it as I am sure Trask would have had it in plain view when he disabled Clark with it during the capture seven years ago.
clap

Joy Re not trusting Menzies - this was his test.

Vicki It's dance when FoLCs don't want a fic to end, but as the writer, by this stage, I just want to move on to something else.

The buttermilk pancakes - I would have used that if I'd thought of it. smile

Thanks for the FDK, everyone,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard