Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hope you enjoyed it! hyper No plans as of yet for a sequel... I know there are a few loose ends (Lex and the Kryptonite, Perry figuring out CK is the man Lois wrote the first article about...), but they were intentional. This story was about the beginning of L&C's relationship, and so that includes the beginning of other things as well.

A heartfelt thanks goes out to Iolanthealias and Corrina for their suggestions and enthusiasm about this story! Thanks so much, ladies!! notworthy

Thanks for the lovely FDK throughout this story! It was wonderful to read your comments! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

Clark glances at me with a now what expression, and I get it entirely. Do we let Perry know that there is something between us and risk Perry sending Clark unequivocally packing?
I love how Clark tells her how he feels about her with this one look... That Lois is as important to him as this job... that he's asking her permission to hide their relationship from Perry, so he can get the job. One glance is a whole conversation for them already. laugh

Lois Lane (and Mozartmaid) sure knows her (their) way around a story.

Great job! I love how this story meandered around Europe without losing its plot points or momentum. The scenery was beautiful. smile Can't wait for what you'll bring us next.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great end to a great story! thumbsup

Joan

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale. : )

BTW when you do your sequel may I suggest you have Superman never confront Lex but rather let Lex think he is fooling Superman just like the rest of Metropolis.

One thing I think the show really missed out on is a Lex VS Clark theme. Perhaps you could have Lex see Clark as a worthy opponent.

Both men speak several languages, and with Clark working closely with Lois, Luthor is going to assume Clark shares her distrust.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice ending. Good job!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great ending to this story!

I loved the interactions between Clark/Lois and Lois/Perry and Clark/Perry at the Daily Planet. There's just something about Clark Kent being at the Daily Planet that feels right. smile

I like how you made Jonathan and Martha have such large roles throughout the story as well.

And the ending was incredibly sweet. I like how she told Clark she loved him!

Thanks for sharing this!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mozartmaid - I was just reading something that Michael wrote on an FDK which you never re-addressed. Who stole Lois's photos from the plane rescue?

Or is that part of a future story?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
VirginiaR:
I was just reading something that Michael wrote on an FDK which you never re-addressed. Who stole Lois's photos from the plane rescue?
This is one of the challenges with writing in first person present.

In part 7, when Lois accidentally sent the article, Clark said:
“I should have realized you had put the pieces together sooner,” he begins quietly. I hear pain in his voice—the pain of betrayal. “That was why you came to Rome, isn’t it? That photo you had… you knew---you knew it was me then?” he asks calmly, though with a chill to his tone that frightens me.
This implies that he in fact had taken the photo--because she never told him what she had actually had a photo of. But because of her bigger betrayal and distress in this scene(and since Clark was only protecting himself), this becomes a minor point... and then Clark gets in trouble at the canal, etc.... so the photo becomes less and less significant. Sorry if it was too subtle! But I promise it was answered! smile

... should I address it though before I send this to the archive? I think (if I were to write a sequel, which I haven't decided I will...) to address it in a sequel would be irrelevant, as it was merely the catalyst to their relationship... oh boy, see what you started Virginia? smile1
And thanks for this as well:
Lois Lane (and Mozartmaid) sure knows her (their) way around a story.
I want to frame it! laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, totally missed those 2 words that explained the missing photo. Very subtle. Perhaps it was because Lois missed hearing them as well. That's one of the problems with good fic -- when you get sucked in, you have the problem of NOT reading it slowly enough to catch things like that.

Or did Lois catch it? Did she say to herself (my words): "So, he had taken her photos! But that was neither here nor there now. It didn't matter. All that mattered was Clark and he was leaving." or something along that vein to draw more attention to him admitting to taking her photos? I don't remember; I'd have to re-read it.

I have a problem with being too subtle in my story, referring back to a line of dialogue that happened 2 chapters earlier. My Beta Readers are always calling me on it too. clap I'm learning. Slowly learning. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great ending to the story! I thoroughly enjoyed this one!

I liked the subtle "Clark took the photos" and I think at that point when he admitted it, it didn't really matter anymore - It was more important to Lois that he was leaving since he had already become more than just a story to her.

The epilogue for the anniversary in Paris was a nice touch as was Lois telling Clark that she loved him.

clap

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by DW:
I liked the subtle "Clark took the photos" and I think at that point when he admitted it, it didn't really matter anymore - It was more important to Lois that he was leaving since he had already become more than just a story to her.
I'm sorry, DW, but I'm going to have to disagree with a part of what you said. Yes, it didn't really matter to Lois (because she no longer was going to write the story), except in one factor. If Clark hadn't stolen the photos that would mean that there was someone else out there who had photographic evidence linking Clark Kent to Superman's abilities. And with Superman now out and about in the world... it would matter greatly to Lois who was in possession of those photos.

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just wanted to tell you how much i enjoyed this story. Great characterization, great plot and fun dialogue. I think it ended very well and I am so grateful to you for writing this! Thank you!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Originally posted by VirginiaR
I'm sorry, DW, but I'm going to have to disagree with a part of what you said. Yes, it didn't really matter to Lois (because she no longer was going to write the story), except in one factor. If Clark hadn't stolen the photos that would mean that there was someone else out there who had photographic evidence linking Clark Kent to Superman's abilities. And with Superman now out and about in the world... it would matter greatly to Lois who was in possession of those photos.
Oh, I didn't think of that. Very valid point.

In this case, perhaps there needs to be, even just a sentence, that Lois heard that Clark stole the photos and that she doesn't have to worry about in being in the wrong hands.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard