Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A Taste of Chapter 4: The Rescue of Mrs. Luthor - Part 1:

Sam was sitting at the breakfast bar, drinking coffee, when Lucy walked in dressed for work.

“Good morning, Daddy,” she hummed, kissing his cheek.

He stared at her as she grabbed a muffin off the plate and took a bite. Lucy hadn’t called him Daddy since she learned of his involvement with Lex Luthor, and she certainly would never have kissed his cheek. She didn’t look right. Too chipper.

“I’m starving this morning. The baby must be growing like a weed. Did Clark call? Do you know if he’s picking me up today?”

“Lucy, Clark’s not here. He went to rescue your dimension from Tempus. Remember?” Sam tried to explain. But her eyes looked more drugged than puffy from crying. “Lucy, did you take any medicine? That wouldn’t be good for the baby.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, Daddy. Of course, I haven’t taken any medication.” She took another bite of the muffin. “That’s right. Clark is looking for Kal. Kal’s my husband.” Then she put her finger up to her lips. “Secret.” This announcement did not seem to bother her in the slightest. Something was definitely up.

“Why don’t you stay home today, Sweetie? You look like you could use the rest,” he encouraged.

“My, you are talking in riddles today, Daddy. I missed work yesterday and the day before and Ralph is a yeller. I don’t want to be yelled at, so I better be on time today. With Clark out of town, someone has to go to work to cover for him.” She lowered her voice. “Do you think anyone else has figured out he’s really Superman?”
I would like to thank my wonderful Beta Readers for all their help and encouragement. Thank you, you are the best! thumbsup

FYI: I have worked it out and there will be approximately 97 parts to my Missing Lois epic. I have already posted 22 of them as of the end of Chapter 3.

11/3/11 - EDIT: The discussion below contained some spoilers (some vague, some not as vague, plus a reposting of my WHAM warnings), but I have edited as much as possible out. Hopefully, now no problems reading FDK below. blush laugh Also, total count is up to 109 now. blush I miscounted at first.

As always, feedback is welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/05/14 02:45 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
You've got me curious about what's going on with Lois. How cute that this Jimmy is just as infatuated with UltraWoman.

I'm wondered what Alt-Clark means by this:

He sighed. “I know my fate. I’ve always known it.”
I'm excited that the next installment is the rescue of Mrs. Luther. 97 parts? Wow.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yow! Ninety-seven parts! This fic is officially epic. laugh

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Essentially we have three Loises. Lois-Lucy is going through something- maybe she is morphing into Lois-Mrs. Luthor, the alt-dimension's Lois. Cause it sure seems less and less like she wants to go back to her Clark. I still just can't see her giving up her baby to Clark and younger Lois. Especially if alt-Calrk is unable to have children.

thanks!

rkn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay...um...I don't think I like where this fic went. sad

I mean, you kind of indicated that they went beyond kissing, he went into her room, and then it's kind of vague what happened next. Did they...? You know...? If they did...in fact, well, this whole situation puts me in a difficult place as a reader.

As was noted in the fic, Lois is married to another man: our Clark. Having her cheat on him...well, adultery has always been unsettling to me, and I would especially think that Lois, having grown up with a cheating father and seen what damage it does to a relationship.... Well, this whole situation falls into the category of "Things I will not voluntarily read."

Yet on the other hand, I do want to see how all these plot threads get resolved; what happens to "Lola", Luthor, our Clark, etc. It almost feels like I've come too far, invested too much interest, to suddenly turn back now.

I hope you can understand my dilemma. sad

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
<strong> Okay...um...I don't think I like where this fic went. whinging but for which there will be "serious reprocussions". (Thank you to Michael on the wording).

EDIT: Per reader request, I have removed spoilers from this posting. If you need more reassurances, please feel free to PM me.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/whispers/ That explanation could be considered massive spoiler wink If one wouldn't very firmly expect this Lois to return home someday since it would otherwise make younger-Lois go poof. At least, younger-Lois would have to go back in time some day, too, and then our-Clark would be all alone. Either way, our-Lois has to go back some day, so, that was a given. Unless it's a Greek Tragedy.

“India. Train derailment,” Lois replied shortly.

“Yeah, right.”

Lois rolled her eyes, picked up the TV remote in the center of the table and turned on MNN.
/does tentative smile/

On second thought, you might want to add a (non-specific, or maybe 'relationship') WHAM warning to the story, based on 3-9. Alt-Lois's fate, too, probably.

“OK. OK. People. This Ultra Woman person is our only story. Is she from Krypton? If not, where did she come from? Is she here to stay? What is her relationship with Superman?
When will she do the Playboy shoot? Will she be automatically Playmate of the Year? How much will Hef pay her? Will she float for the poses? Is she carrying Superman's love child? Did she blow up the car of his previous squeeze? Come on, people, the Digger's getting all the headlines!

What is her secret identity? He had one, so we can assume she does too.
/looks around suspiciously/ Who dunked Ralph in the Mentamide vat?

Lois bit her tongue so the words she wanted to scream at him didn’t emerge.
Bantha Poodo?

“Photos! People, did any of you actually remember to bring a camera with you to the mayor’s party?”
/wags finger/ Okay, the fun's up, people. M-5's dangerous in too high a dose. I don't care who did it, but you need to tell me if it's been more than 24 hours or if it's enough to just acid-scrub Ralph's body until he's clean again.

“Great! Biggest news since Superman and we don’t even have a photo. Mr. Olsen!”
Ooooh, photos!

He threw five photographs on the table. “I took some pictures, Ralph. Hope they help.”
clap

Her punch wasn’t that hard… not Super Strength hard, but this photo showed definite air beneath his heels. Super.
Hey, the gig's up anyway!

These were the ones I didn’t give to Ralph.” It was a thick envelope. He had written: For Clark, Private across the front.
Oh boy.

“Ultra Woman is amazing, Lucy. You should have seen her. Beautiful, full of joy, laughter, and spunk. From the moment I first saw her until she left, I couldn’t stop taking photos of her.”
clap So, did she already meet the Presses?

“It’s hard on any marriage. Plus, I’d miss my friends.
That's a bit TMI, don't you think, *Lucy*?

My friends who go to super parties and don’t invite me. I really should get new friends.”
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Apparently, Lois knew Nunk from the other dimension, so it took some convincing and his super speed not to let him rattle her into punching him.
hyper about Revenge. Still reading. And not just because I'm a third of the way in wink Just don't rape our-Lois, please? wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan & Iolanthe: Current count is now 109 parts, but I haven't double checked my math recently. More than 97 though. laugh

rkn: Oooh. I love guesses. clap Interesting theory. But could I really do that to canon Clark? Rumor has it someone else did in their fanfic, but I can never remember what the title was (although I don't think that Lois was pregnant).

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This Post has been Edited to removed Spoilers.

Michael: Do you need a moment? A lemonade? A fan? Are you okay? You never really thought I'd go through with it, did you? dizzy yet?

Yeah, he'd get lot's of inappropriate invites from frustrated housewives and the rate of kitchen fires in the greater Metropolis area would sky-rocket.
Desperate housewives?

So, we have a shrine to Lois Lane, missing, and an Ultra Woman suit, her also missing. Plus, an old college friend who looks like Lois Lane. Soon, also missing. /sees headline/ "Clark Kent - Super Serial Killer"
He really should get to work on the second security alarm system... maybe with booby traps?

There it is! Confirmation!
Yep.

And you *do* realize this could be right out of the Ivory Tower, right?
No wonder it's right up Lois's alley. She's living in a soap opera!

To be alone.
Yes.

Dreaming of Alt-Lois? But is it just him, or is it Alt-Lois suddenly crying out to him, too? And did Alt-Lois finally learn about Clark Kent? Since Lex wouldn't really have much reason to actively hide him from her.
Great questions. No answers, though. cool

They're not wearing a matching set, are they?
No.

Either that or she will latch on to him more... or loosing Clark will make her appreciate him more when he returns. At least her latest dream can't be from before the accident.
Accident? Mayson's?

Okay, so Sleazy is flirting with Clark while he's getting ready to save her husband?
Explained in Ch 4.

Virginia, it's very well written.
Thank you. The characters made the decision, I gave them every opportunity to back out but they said that was the way it was.

Just don't rape our-Lois, please?
Nope. Never. Wouldn't do that to Alt-Lois either.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You never really thought I'd go through with it, did you?
No, not really. blush

Did I mention this wasn't the WAFFy story that Green-Eyed Monster is?
Now that you mention it...

(Sorry, about the shameless plug. Too many years in the service industry and it's ingrained in me now.
Hey, I already LFDKed there! wink

Still working on the sequel to GEM - NH is 17 parts at least now. [Big Grin] Probably start posting in a week or two.
/starts bargaining/ You can take another week or two if we get >>20 parts? wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Per your request I have edited out what could be construed as spoilers from my previous postings (per your suggestions razz

On an unrelated subject, you might want to check out Dandello's Pheromoan My Lovely on the dark side.
That is quite a different take on Lois's private life.

Nope. Never. Wouldn't do that to Alt-Lois either.
/wipes brow/
There are those of us who think there are things worse than death. That is one of them.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I will check on the upcoming FDKs and make sure I haven't made that mistake again and again and again.
Thanks! wave Michael

Columnist
Columnist
Oh em geeeeee!!!

While reading this part, I was listening to some Joshua Radin & two of his songs kind of spoke to me for this chapter: 'Waiting on an Angel' (sort of) and REALLY REALLY 'Sky'

Honestly, Sky is like perfection for this story (thus far anyways)

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Oh em geeeeee!!!

While reading this part, I was listening to some Joshua Radin & two of his songs kind of spoke to me for this chapter: 'Waiting on an Angel' (sort of) and REALLY REALLY 'Sky'

WOW! I hadn't heard of Josh Radin before. But I listened to Sky on YouTube and WOW! Yes, that fits perfectly with my story. What a wonderful voice. My kind of music. Thanks for the recommendation.

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
[b] Oh em geeeeee!!!

WOW! I hadn't heard of Josh Radin before. But I listened to Sky on YouTube and WOW! Yes, that fits perfectly with my story. What a wonderful voice. My kind of music. Thanks for the recommendation. [/b]
Haha np! I'm like super in love with his voice. I first heard him a few years ago on Ellen Degeneres Show... he sang his song 'Today' at her wedding to Portia Di Rossi.

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard