Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
"Eric?"

Eric tried to rouse himself from the depths of sleep. "What? Phoebe? You all right?"

"Your cell phone is ringing."

"Uh. Sorry." Eric lurched from the warmth of his bed and hurried into the next room. The call was from Scardino. "What do you have?"

"I don't have anything," Scardino replied. "But Evan Shadbolt has a letter that could be an attempt to reunite the family."

"From whom?"

"Possibly the missing woman."

"Where is she now?"

"At his home. I said you'd go there and pick up the letter. If you take it to the widow who saw the address on the envelope, you could ask her to compare the handwriting."
Thanks!

Corrina.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Holy cow! Shadbolt put it together already. I wasn't expecting that part so soon. Thanks for posting! Keep em coming. :-)

I heart Clark Kent.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh yeah. smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So the mystery of the barn continues. Bad feelings / memories mixed with good ones. I love that the honeymoon still continues.

Lois has realized that she can't keep holding on the secret of the cell from Clark. I'm glad she realizes he must know.

Shadbolt! Super agent! Will Miss Wallace still be there when he gets up?

Wow! Quick post. Wasn't expecting a section today. Thanks for the gift. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
HMMMM INTERESTING! A possible romance for Martha and Shadboldt? Wonderful. So far so good. Clark's reaction to the knowledge of the green rock was pretty good! More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
I told you I was going to do some re-reading, and I did just that. And, I found it. I know what it is about the barn. hyper Can't wait to see how that plays out.

I'm glad to see you finished ( party )

I'm especially glad you are posting more often. Things are moving quite quickly now. It makes even a one or two day wait seem like forever!

I'll be sad to see it end.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Was she willing to jeopardise that? Now? Right now? Or did she want this wonderful feeling of closeness to continue?
Oh poor Lois!I can imagine that Clark's closeness is extremely addictive.And even though she has to tell him eventually, I think we certainly feel for her dilemma...

She would do it tomorrow.

She would tell him about the cell. Tomorrow.
'After all, tomorrow is another day' didn't exactly work for Scarlett wink She lost her man, but I have a feeling Lois won't lose hers, even if she does delay the inevitable! smile

I'm glad Lois told him about the Kryptonite. Now that Superman is out there, he at least needs to know that!

What if *Miss* Wallace was *Mrs* Kent?
YES!! hyper And if I'm not mistaken, Evan was a little smitten with her, too. wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! Things are moving along! Am eagerly awaiting the mother-son reunion and learning of what happened to Martha and Jonathan. Also wondering about what will happen with Clark's memory. Maybe Martha's return will be the catalyst for him remembering everything!

Like Vicki, I also did some rereading and reckon I know what it is about the barn. smile1

The closeness of the two posts was perfect to pick up the tempo as the story reaches it's conclusion. Hope you keep that up. laugh

Well done. thumbsup

Cheers
Elizabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Woohoo! I knew it wouldn't take Martha long to get to Clark once he saved the world. Is it wrong to hope that she and Shadbolt get together?

I keep trying to guess what (if any) will be the trigger that causes Clark to regain his memories. I was originally thinking the first time he and Lois made love, but I'm glad that wasn't the case. I'd hate to have had something so lovely be tainted like that. So now I'm thinking perhaps seeing his mom might do it? Regardless I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"I think there is merit in meeting something head-on, so we could go to the barn together. It will be cold, so perhaps we will need to take a blanket. We could sit on the hay. Maybe in the dark, wrapped together in a blanket. And just talk. About anything. Or not talk. Either way, we could face whatever it is together."
So, why am I figuring 'barn therapy' coming up?

Evan's throat seized. He had just come alarmingly close to asking a woman for a date - something he had promised himself he would never do again.
Huh, and here I figured Martha to be in her late fifties, early sixties and Evan in his mid forties huh So, they're much closer in age than that?

She would do it tomorrow.

She would tell him about the cell. Tomorrow.

"There is a substance that weakens you," Lois said.
Now that's a twist.

"Ever ... made ... love ... in ... a ... barn?" Clark asked - his words squeezed out between fiery kisses.

"No ... But I ... *really* want to."
Now, who would have thought. Lois. Clark. An empty barn. peep

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Jen Shadbolt has been an agent for a long time. He should be good at making connections wink

Amy You like Evan? wink

Virginia The barn, Miss Wallace, Lois deciding when to tell Clark about the cell - uhmmm.

Laura Clark has taken most revelations in his stride since the amnesia.

Vicki Well done!

MM
Oh poor Lois!I can imagine that Clark's closeness is extremely addictive.
She wants as long as possible - but if she pushes for an extra day/hour, she risks him finding out some other way.

Elizabeth
The closeness of the two posts was perfect to pick up the tempo as the story reaches it's conclusion. Hope you keep that up.
Good point re the tempo. I'll try to keep the posts between 1 and 2 days apart.

Emily
Is it wrong to hope that she and Shadbolt get together?
I have been asking myself that question for three months!

Michael

Huh, and here I figured Martha to be in her late fifties, early sixties and Evan in his mid forties So, they're much closer in age than that?
From Junction 1 ...

Scardino made the introductions, and Lois nodded, instinctively assessing each man in seconds. Shadbolt was cool. His grip was limp when they shook hands. She figured he objected to having a woman as his boss. The fact she was half his age just made it worse.
And from Junction 3 ...

"How long have you been on the job?"

The top layer of his animosity peeled away. "*This* job? Or *the* job?"

"*The* job."

"Thirty-three years."

Lois gave a low whistle. "That's a long time. Were you on this job from the time of the capture?"

"I came in one week later."

"Did you ask for it? Or were you ordered here?"

Shadbolt grunted bitterly. "Both."
I know they were both a long, long time ago, but Evan Shadbolt (despite having a four-year-old daughter) is in his fifties.

Thanks everyone for the FDK. I'm enjoying your speculation about how this might pan out.

Next part - tomorrow morning.

Corrina.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Thanks for posting so quickly! smile1 One of the best gifts ever smile

So happy that Shadbolt figured it out and I hope Martha is still there when morning comes. And it is so cute that he, who has sworn off women, has a crush on Mrs. Kent.

It was great the Lois told Clark about the green-K and that she is seriously considering telling him (tomorrow, their time laugh ) about the cell. I cannot help but wonder that he won't get his memories back once she tells him and that he will be relatively unscathed by the imprisonment news, but maybe he will recover his memory once he sees Martha? Coz he just has to remember such a great mom! And that reunion will be bittersweet ...

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm posting this comment to try and figure out when 'tomorrow morning' is as I don't know what time zone the message board is in. LOL

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
I know they were both a long, long time ago, but Evan Shadbolt (despite having a four-year-old daughter) is in his fifties.
blush blush blush blush

Michael

PS:
Originally posted by elizabeth:
I'm posting this comment to try and figure out when 'tomorrow morning' is as I don't know what time zone the message board is in. LOL
The boards time is UTC-8. You can also set your own timezone in your profile settings smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I have a lot of FDK to catch up with!

DW Poor Lois didn't have the chance to get to the 'cell' talk sad

Michael Don't be blush ! In a story this long, some details are going to be forgotten. When something like this is raised, I go checking because it could have been me who forgot!!

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard