Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
When Daniel walked in, Eric was pouring Scotch into two glasses. He crossed the room and shoved one into Daniel's hand. "I got something," he said.

"You got ... something?" Daniel asked. "About the interview?"

"No. That's all arranged. This afternoon. Four-thirty. Centennial Park - they're putting up a dais for him and barricades to keep the crowds in place. The Mayor's going to officially thank him on behalf of the people of Planet Earth."

Daniel wondered if that was what Lois and Clark had had in mind when they'd agreed to a press conference. "What have you got?"

"A possible lead about what happened to Mrs Kent."

"What?" Daniel asked quickly.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmm. I wonder what happened in the barn. Had he been in the barn when Scardino had come the other day and told them about the asteroid? Had he been in the barn when Trask and Bureau 39 had come into the farmhouse and captured his folks? Was there something hidden in the barn? Like his spaceship? No, I can't imagine Trask would have left that there... Hmmm.

I wish Trask had left some photos or something of his previous life for Clark to have. I feel bad for him not only to have no memories of his past, but nothing - save Lois - to remind him of how wonderful the Kents were. Of how much he was loved. Trask is a bad, bad man. Ok, enough soapboxing...

Love the scene after breakfast. It was so sweet and romantic how well Lois and Clark share every aspect of their lives, of how they are emotionally 'there' for each other. Sigh.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Across from the light - in the moon-cast shadows - was the barn. All day, he'd felt drawn back there - almost like an addict to a drug supplier. But being there had become steadily more disconcerting, robbing him of his peace and even niggling at his joy in being with Lois.
I do get the feeling that some Kryptonian stuff is buried there. And I don't think it's more of the lovely green crystal.

"I haven't met any of the Smallville locals yet, but I'm concerned that when I do, someone is going to suspect that something is wrong. We don't want anyone wondering why Clark Kent and Superman just happened to forget everything at exactly the same time."

"I talked to a couple of your friends when I was in Smallville today," Lois said. "Maggie Irig lives with her husband, Wayne, on the next farm. They were both very close to your parents."
That sounds like a very convenient way for Lois to introduce Clark into the alibi while hiding her true motivations at the same time. Yep, it's going to backfire. But since it's only another 7-10 parts, probably not too much.

"She is worried that I might have coerced you into marrying me."
Well...

She grinned. "I have a *different* suggestion."

"Does it involve us being together?"

"Yes."

"Naked?"
Yep, she coerced him, all right.

"Yes, but without them, you're going to look like ... well, let's just say that with them, you're going to have every female in the room hyper-ventilating. Without them, things could slide into anarchy fuelled by unbridled oestrogen."
laugh

"It just seems so lopsided," Clark said. "I'm the intruder, the outsider. I have nothing - no place here. You are a beautiful woman - you could have any man you wanted."
Oh, look! His memory is coming back angel-devil

"You're allowed doubts," Lois said quietly. "You're allowed doubts about everything ... except us, except how much I need you."

"OK," he said submissively.
Atta boy.

Is it my imagination or did I read somewhere about you being able to increase the posting speed soon?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Another great part. So sweet. I'm totally curious now as to what went on in the barn or if something if hidden there. And now a lead on Martha? Or least what happened to her? I'm wondering if she is alive how Clark will take that news since Lois told him she wasn't. Of course he's taken everything else so well knowing she was just doing what she thought was best for him. Can't wait to find out!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't wait to find out either. Great job with their ever loving relationship. Sweet. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
You really have be curious about the barn ... either something Kryptonian is buried there or he was busy in the barn when Trask showed up ...

Also curious about the lead on Martha ... you will probably only have her show up in the last or second to last line ...

The scene after breakfast was sweet and Lois knowing that something bothered Clark was just great.

More, soon, please smile1

smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great set of scenes b/t these two. Like everyone else, I can't wait to see how the barn comes into play. Can't wait for more!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm getting anxious. This much sweetness can't last.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Lovely chapter. I really like the conversation they had in the kitchen. I think Clark is really starting to "get it" now, that Lois feels the same way about him as he does about her. He wasn't able to accept that when he was so damaged, but being (temporarily) free from that is allowing him to hear things he wasn't able to before.

I also appreciate your reminder in the last chapter's feedback response about it only being three days since Clark lost his memory. You are absolutely right that we readers lose sight of that fact as we read the chapters spread out over several weeks, not hours. So you've convinced me not to be so worried about the untruths Lois has been telling him ... I'm back to believing that when he does find out what she's been hiding, it will be a blip in the larger landscape of their relationship. smile

You know what's funny, though? I'm way more curious about how Clark will respond to Rachel's suspicion than how he's going to handle the press conference as Superman. I hope we get to see it. lol

I'm also curious about what happened in the barn. My first thought was that maybe he was taken from there, but that wouldn't explain why it didn't bother him the previous few days. My second thought was that perhaps his ship or the globe was calling to him, but I figured Trask and his men would have long since discovered anything that was there. So what could it be? I can't wait to find out.

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another awesome chapter! Like other readers I am intrigued by the barn situation. It can't be that his ship is there as it was mentioned in the Prologue that Trask was in possession of it. I am thinking he was in the barn when Martha called him and his Dad in when Trask arrived at the farm the day of their capture. Maybe the barn will be the catalyst that will bring Clark's memory back. Look forward to reading how that plays out!

As usual I am chomping at the bit for the next part! laugh

Cheers
Elizabeth

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Virginia
I feel bad for him not only to have no memories of his past, but nothing - save Lois - to remind him of how wonderful the Kents were.
And Lois doesn't know much about the Kents.

Michael
But since it's only another 7-10 parts, probably not too much.
Latest estimate is 21 parts. And there was a prologue, so I suppose we should have an epilogue laugh

Is it my imagination or did I read somewhere about you being able to increase the posting speed soon?
I've rebuilt my buffer to where I'm comfortable, so the only thing stopping me from posting the next part is that I just want to finish this fic!!! Once I've sent the final part to the betas, I'll try to post EOD.

Jackie Writing parts 13-16 was a lot of juggling. I had threads going everywhere - the barn being one of them.

Laura Yep - still building their relationship.

DW
Also curious about the lead on Martha ... you will probably only have her show up in the last or second to last line ...
Last line of Part 14? Or last line of the fic? laugh

Emily The barn ... cool

Joy You're probably right about the sweetness. Maybe wink

Kathy When there are multiple parts to one 'day', it's alway hard to keep track of time.

My only other comment is that something you said had me scuttling back through early parts, doing some re-reading, and then hurrying to edit a yet-to-be-posted part. Thanks!!

Elizabeth I'll say more about the barn in about five or six chapters.

Thanks to everyone for the FDK. I have had a ball writing this fic and really enjoyed sharing it with you and reading your responses.

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ack, I'm late on the FDK... lovely chapter! So sweet and tender, supporting each other just as they need to.

Thank you for mentioning that a connection could be made to an amnesiac Clark and an amnesiac Superman. Much more believable, no matter how much I like the Nightfall ep! wink

And what is in the barn? Could it be the globe? Clark's ship? Though I would guess those things may have been confiscated and sent to Bureau 39 when Clark was taken, if a search had taken place... Or could it just be where everything went down when they took Clark?

Excellent as always! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard