Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yodeler's Song TOC

I wrote this story because Perry's grin after walking off the elevator, after that former Church Group guy held them up, never made sense to me. I couldn't figure out his motivation. Why would Perry smile at Lois and SUPERMAN like that when he was rooting for Lois and CLARK?

I hope you enjoy this little retelling of what's going on in Perry's thought process.

Thanks again to my wonderful BR Lynn for all her wonderful advice and encouragement.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/12/14 05:06 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Your thoughts about Perry smiling in that scene are also mine. Love how you wrote in how Perry figured it out. Great stuff! Lots of fun!! smile1

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I always knew that Perry would figure it out sooner or later. He's too savvy not to.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I had always wondered about that scene and the look on Perry and Jimmy's faces when Superman asked Lois to talk to him. Interesting take on the whole thing. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was priceless! Can definitely hear Perry's voice and I love how he put it all together! clap Well done! 'Attention. To. Detail,' indeed! wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This was very well written. You really did a great job in capturing not only Perry's character, but also all of the fun little colloquialisms that he had. (It's a very difficult thing to capture Perry, I think.) I love the idea of Perry figuring things out and keeping his knowledge secret.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
Great story! I especially loved the beginning with Perry's retrospective look at Lois and Clark's relationship. And that he figured The Secret out right there in the elevator--he took it all very calmly!

There were a lot of lines I liked, particularly regarding what Lois and Clark's relationship looks like to the observer--something we don't think about all that often but which is very interesting--and also Perry's theory about why Lois was suddenly so sought after. I agree completely, and was thrilled to see someone put it into words!

Thanks for sharing.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was really great and so "Perry"!

Well done! thumbsup

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well done! notworthy

This answered two questions I had. Like you, I wondered about Perry's smile coming out of the elevator. It made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I also never quite understood why, during the latter seasons, every male who set eyes on Lois fell madly in love with her. First season Lois was not exactly portrayed as a femme fatale, so what changed? Your answer is as good as any, and better than anything I could come up with!

This was a fun story to read. Thank you for posting.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
I loved this!!! I remember watching We have a lot to talk about for the first time a bunch of years ago with my sister and telling her at the elevator scene that it seemed as if Perry actually knew CK=S (and re-telling her almost every time we watched again afterwards). Your story was a great way of working with that scene.

I really really enjoyed it! Thanks!!

Cris
Kerth
Kerth
Great story. I really enjoyed Perry's voice. It sounded exactly like him - and the references to Elvis were a great touch.

I had a couple of laugh-out-loud moments - Cat's fabric-less dress being one of them. Perry's reaction to Lois lying to him being another.

Nicely done - you gave us a plausible and fun explanation for why Perry was smiling at the elevator.

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Iolanthe, Mozartmaid, Deadly Chakram, DW, and Corrina: Thank you. Thank you, very much. smile

EvelynC, Laura, Vicki, Cris and Corrina: I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who was bothered by Perry's smile in the elevator.

AntiKryptonite, Vicki: Yes, Lois's rise popularity with the male species always made me go 'huh?' a bit, too. This explanation made the most sense to me. I wrote a different explanation for this phenomenon in my Missing Lois story, in which I show another one of Lois's and Clark's past lives as a fairy tale (Sleeping Beauty, of course). One of the gifts bestowed upon Baby Lois by a fairy is the 'gift of adoration.'

Thank you all for the positive feedback. smile1

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard