Next Thread
Print Thread
#79336 05/27/11 06:46 AM
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
Once again, other than polishing, this story is already completely written. I'll be updating every two or three days. If you're reading, I'd love to hear from you.

Joan

#79337 05/27/11 09:17 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, it looks like Clark is about to make a terrible terrible mistake. Can't wait to see more smile

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
#79338 05/27/11 09:33 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I agree with StarKat that if Clark decides to do this only can trouble brew.

If Clark seperates from Superman, will his love for Lois be split in two? How will he fly home to visit his folks? Will his reporting skills dimenish? Will Lois not think he kisses as well? Will Superman also be in love with Lois and then Clark will have to compete - literally - with himself for Lois's love?

So many questions, can't wait to see if any of the answers will show up in the next installment. smile1

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#79339 05/27/11 10:04 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I know I said that this deal was a bad idea, and I think we all understand that, but you are doing an excellent job of showing how Clark could come to this decision. The sentence 'Lois could so easily replace Clark' made me feel almost sick, just searing with its stark bluntness, a real illustration of Clark's deep insecurities. We always hear about Lois's vulnerabilities, but Clark's are just as real, just as potentially damaging. That's one thing about Lois that has always disappointed me--while Clark waited for two years and endured Luthor, Lois took only a month or two before she left him for Scardino, even knowing it would hurt him, even knowing nothing serious would come of it. And this Dennis seems to be getting the same kind of rebound that Scardino did, profiting from the inroads Clark made in getting her to open up to others.

Anyway, back to your story, I love the progression here. We all know Clark's going to make the deal, but leading up to it has proven to be interesting already. Though I still don't think Lois should even be looking at another man, I like how she does think that none of them will ever be Clark, and therefore none of them are good enough.

I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter--please, don't wait too long to post!

#79340 05/27/11 05:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He loved Lois. No doubts there. He wanted to tell her. But he couldn’t. It was too soon. He needed more time. They’d only been officially dating for a week.
I think he's not giving her enough credit here. But it's very in-character for Clark at this time. He's very concerned about being an alien, and "coming out" to Lois. He's making it a bigger deal than she would, probably. So of course it's going to lead him into a bad decision which will in turn lead us into a good story! smile

#79341 05/28/11 07:23 AM
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
When I first started writing this story, I was a little concerned that people would feel Clark would never take such a drastic step. So I was especially pleased that you felt this was done in a believable fashion:

AntiKryptonite
I know I said that this deal was a bad idea, and I think we all understand that, but you are doing an excellent job of showing how Clark could come to this decision
You're all correct that Clark is making a big mistake and this is going to cause problems. Many of VirginaB's insightful questions will be addressed in the next chapter.

I agree with you IonlantheAlias,

I think he's not giving her enough credit here.
We'll learn more about that later too.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Joan

#79342 06/03/11 07:54 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't do it Clark! grovel

Nicely written. I love Lois' warring thoughts on Clark - how she hates that he leaves her without explanation but is starting to really fall hard for him at the same time. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard